Episode 319 - Scavengers of Funk

4 replies to this topic

#1 Dalton Maltz

Forum Boy

• Moderators
  • 280 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:04 AM

This week, UCB founder and host of Improv4humans Matt Besser joins Howard and Kulap for a midwinter chartstorm. Matt shares his Top Musical Picks of 2016 and explains what he puts his CDs into while Howard complains about his yurt-mates’ excessive social media presence. During the Movie Chart, we hear what “La La Land” gets wrong about opening a jazz club, and Style Matchups: Division Round Playoffs forces Matt to defend why he won’t pick a Patriot in his fantasy league. Finally, Stard joins in for Two Charted, where tales are told of black beetles and Amazon suit shopping.

#2 NameThatPunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:52 PM

Healthy dose of Besser this week with this and CBB, and I ain't complainin'.
Top Ten Punkys on the board

#3 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:54 PM

Kulap can't remember why she and Howard went to Griffith Observatory with a Chartist. This would seem to confirm my suspicions about the status of Origin Story.

#4 NameThatPunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:10 AM

View PostKickpuncher, on 11 January 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

Kulap can't remember why she and Howard went to Griffith Observatory with a Chartist. This would seem to confirm my suspicions about the status of Origin Story.

Yea I had a bad feeling about this too.
Top Ten Punkys on the board

#5 StanSitwell

Alpaca

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:41 AM

I'm thinking its highly possible the stresses of showrunning are getting to her, because when she mentioned not knowing Rae Sremmurd was drummer's ear backwards I had an intense moment of deja vu, but I may be thinking of Ele saying the same thing in an episode she subbed in on.