🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 153.5 - Minisode 153.5

I like to think that moments ago he sat up in bed in a cold sweat and said, "Something's wrong..."

In Japan, that would be the classic "someone's talking about me" sneeze.

名前はカムベールトですか。

So...who would everyone cosplay as if given the opportunity to go to a show?

Follow up: How would you overdo it and thus embarrass yourself?

I mean... ideally I'd pick a cosplay that matches the show I'm going to. Like say I saw a live show doing Surf Ninjas, I'd wear a loud shirt and one of those stupid headbands. But if I was to pick a character from any HDTGM movie I've seen, I'd probably go with Nephthys from Gods of Egypt, because I absolutely loooooved her colorful wings.

And if I could overdo it, I'd make them mobile so they could open and close and probably hit people with them.

I'm too lazy though, so that will never happen.

• Like 5

Wow! As I was reading through I was quoting all those that mentioned my name, and then I got to this page and it exploded!

Where to start with this? When I first joined the forums I actually used the name "Cambert." Then my first C&O was read for Sharknado 2 and I heard Paul on the mini-sode pronounce it "Camembert" like the cheese. So I immediately went to my profile and changed it to add the space for ease of pronunciation if I were to ever be featured again. The letterboxd people can see, "Cam Bert" comes the the shorting of my first and last name, and are also the two names I grew up being called. Then in this year's Howdies my Sharknado C&O was featured and I think this might have thrown Paul off again on my name. I think as a fan of Paul and the show, I am happier with him not being able to say it than being able to say it.

Also I'm a man. This is odd to me because I've never met a female Cameron. I know there are some out there but I've met a dozen other Camerons in my life, all male. Then I come to Japan where the only Cameron they know is Cameron Diaz so everyone when they meet me asks "Isn't that a girl's name?"

TL;DR Pronounced Cam-"burt" (kæm bɜrt, キャムバート) and male.

• Like 6

Follow up: How would you overdo it and thus embarrass yourself?

Hmmm... I think I'm with JammerLea on this one and do something thematic to the episode at hand. Then much like Blake Plissken I would make an obscure reference and confuse everyone and suffer the wrath of Jason.

However, if I had to pick one thing HDTGM related to dress up as I would pick Ernest.

• Like 5

TL;DR Pronounced Cam-"burt" (kæm bɜrt, キャムバート) and male.

Gahh I was wondering if it would be キャ like in キャンディ or smth, but I was trying to guess without looking up a reference. I really need to practice more...

Good cosplay choice too.

• Like 3

However, if I had to pick one thing HDTGM related to dress up as I would pick Ernest.

Good choice, Vern.

Also, with all this talk of camembert (mostly from me, but a little from Cam Bert), I just want to share Tim Minchin's Cheese song for anyone that hasn't seen it.

We'll just call that Fister's Pick of the Week. It's a song about cheese featuring a keytar solo and several dozen cheese puns.

• Like 3

June's married, bro.

Got_My_Eyes_On_You.gif

I would dress up like Fister Roboto.

• Like 4

Gahh I was wondering if it would be キャ like in キャンディ or smth, but I was trying to guess without looking up a reference. I really need to practice more...

Good cosplay choice too.

Katakana-izing names is the most frustrating thing so don't worry too much about it. カメロン and キャメロン both work and I don't think one is more right given different pronunciations and accents of people. I use キャ when writing in on most things, but oddly enough because I have a registered hanko on all official documents and paper work my name is 亀論(カメロン)

• Like 3

June's married, bro.

I would dress up like Fister Roboto.

You're married, bro.

Also, just to beat Taylor Anne to it...

gay-seal-gif.gif

• Like 5

Katakana-izing names is the most frustrating thing so don't worry too much about it. カメロン and キャメロン both work and I don't think one is more right given different pronunciations and accents of people. I use キャ when writing in on most things, but oddly enough because I have a registered hanko on all official documents and paper work my name is 亀論(カメロン)

That is an awesome official name, but I may be biased since I like turtles.

• Like 1

i watched the original many times when i was younger. i still say "there can be only one" when the opportunity arises...

High Five!

...i've never seen the quickening...

Its awful. All versions of it.

i did watch a later sequel. it was more of a tv show tie in. it had christopher lambert, adrian paul and lisa barbusica .. it was called highlander: endgame. it was not good. i hope this is more watchable.

Its Gone With The Wind & Casablanca compared to "The Quickening"

"End Game", was a Movie/TV crossover (because Lambert is too old in 1998 to be immortal now), released in theaters (very temporarily), fourth - and final - in the theatrical series. Theres a 5th Highlander movie with only Adrian Paul. It went straight to SyFy and was AWFUL BY A LOT!

There was also a French Animated tv series that was heavily edited in the US as well as a Anime movie which is pretty good.

I then quickly advised the student to NOT watch the movie.

Hero

When Paul said that June hated this movie I got excited for next week.

I did too.

I will bet ONE of the many times she gets mad is the "love scene" in the ally after MacCloud becomes young again.

What else do we think she'll get mad about?

I have yet to see Highlander II... Wish me luck

I have the Directors Cut in my house... Thats the Renegade Version, Right???

It is actually not the same thing. Directors cut is a third cut of the movie. Which Ive never seen because the other 2 are shit.

Edit: my DVD is the American theatrical cut, so maybe this is an opportunity to buy the Renegade version.

Dont give this movie any more money!

• Like 1

That is an awesome official name, but I may be biased since I like turtles.

giphy.gif

(sorry but it had to be done)

• Like 5

All of the Austinites here should start a Twitter/Facebook campaign to get everyone attending May's live HDTGM to wear a white oxford button-down and jeans.

• Like 7

You're married, bro.

Also, just to beat Taylor Anne to it...

gay-seal-gif.gif

Nah, bro--I'm just a fan.

• Like 2

All of the Austinites here should start a Twitter/Facebook campaign to get everyone attending May's live HDTGM to wear a white oxford button-down and jeans.

Christ! People passing by would think there was some kind of cult meeting going on. You guys should totally do it!

• Like 2

While I cannot attend I support and encourage this idea 100%!

• Like 5

I have yet to see Highlander II... Wish me luck

I have the Directors Cut in my house... Thats the Renegade Version, Right???

It is actually not the same thing. Directors cut is a third cut of the movie. Which Ive never seen because the other 2 are shit.

Excuse me, I was incorrect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highlander_II:_The_Quickening#Alternate_versions

Renegade & Directors Cut are the same thing, just different packages.

Then theres a Special edition from 2004. I know nothing about it.

1)Theatrical

2)Renegade

3)Special Edition

Oh fuck, Dan! You have struck gold.

Did they ever open up more tickets from moving to the bigger theater? Or are we still waiting for more updates on that? Because I know Taylor Anne will do that shit with me if she can get tickets.

• Like 2

Christ! People passing by would think there was some kind of cult meeting going on. You guys should totally do it!

PAUL: What is your name, your alternate title for the movie, and your question?

MAN 1: I'm the Jason of my group!

MAN 2: No, I'm the Jason of my group!

MAN 3: Guys! Guys! We're all the Jason of our group!

MAN 4 [offscreen]: Hey! FUCK YOU, MAN! *throws a punch*

Bedlam.

• Like 6

giphy.gif

(sorry but it had to be done)

Understatement

1dznug.jpg

They haven't announced anything further on the Austin show yet, right? Right??

• Like 4

Understatement

1dznug.jpg

They haven't announced anything further on the Austin show yet, right? Right??

I just tweeted at both HDTGM and the Paramount to see if there's been any update. I haven't heard anything. I signed up for the email updates (mostly to notify my stupid slacker friends) and haven't gotten any update there either.

• Like 2

Holy Crap! I let my 2,000 post pass by without making my Milestone Movie Recommendation!

Well, Airborne was a big one for me, so I'm super happy that's coming up. I think the last time I had a Milestone Recommendation I chose Weekend at Bernie's 2 and I feel like I'm always talking about Rockula...

So for this momentous occasion, I'm picking...

disney+return+to+oz+poster.jpg

return-to-oz.jpg

Let's all be horrified!

• Like 5

Let's all be horrified!

Starring an 11-year-old Fairuza Balk!

I was always weirded out by her in, like, The Craft and American History X, and I could never figure out why.

Until I realized she was Dorothy in that movie. Then it all made sense.

• Like 4

Holy Crap! I let my 2,000 post pass by without making my Milestone Movie Recommendation!

Well, Airborne was a big one for me, so I'm super happy that's coming up. I think the last time I had a Milestone Recommendation I chose Weekend at Bernie's 2 and I feel like I'm always talking about Rockula...

So for this momentous occasion, I'm picking...

return-to-oz.jpg

Let's all be horrified!

YES!!! Admittedly I have no seen this is years but I loved it so much as a kid. It was scary and unsettling but in the best way. Whatever happened to kids movies like this and The NeverEnding Story that were fantastical with real dark edges to them?

Understatement

1dznug.jpg

This begs the question, who is your favourite turtle?

• Like 2

This begs the question, who is your favourite turtle?

Can we all answer this? Because the correct answer is Leonardo.

ds840YX.gif

• Like 4

Good choice, Vern.

Also, with all this talk of camembert (mostly from me, but a little from Cam Bert), I just want to share Tim Minchin's Cheese song for anyone that hasn't seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNB7b-_sZbs

We'll just call that Fister's Pick of the Week. It's a song about cheese featuring a keytar solo and several dozen cheese puns.

Hey, here's my name-drop moment for the week! Tim Minchin's an old buddy of mine! I've known him well nigh 25 years, did high school musicals with his sister, we were in an improv troupe together for a while, went to university together, and when I had to turn down a chance to play Hamlet just as I was leaving Australia to emigrate to Canada, Tim got asked to do it instead!

Autograph line starts to the right.

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this