Jump to content


Musical Mondays--Rotation and Sign Up

HDTGM Fun & Games Musicals

78 replies to this topic

#41 Cameron H.

    Neil Diamond Super Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationChâteau D’If

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:58 AM

View PostCakeBug Tranch, on 09 April 2017 - 11:45 AM, said:

That's the first time I've heard 'cool kids' and 'discussions of movie musicals' used in the same sentence.

Posted Image


We're shifting the paradigm.
Violet: I've never failed to complete.
Ultraviolet (2006)

Lecturer: Children smoke - a reefer stick! Thinking it to be an ordinary, perfectly harmless cigarette.
Reefer Madness (2005)

#42 SaraK

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:57 AM

I'm a serious lurker in these threads, but I would love to suggest a musical! When I was a kid, they were free at the library so I've seen far too many of them.

I'll try to participate more in the future :)

#43 CakeBug Tranch

    Loyal Tompkastaway

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • LocationSchmocation

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:54 PM

View PostSaraK, on 17 April 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

I'm a serious lurker in these threads, but I would love to suggest a musical! When I was a kid, they were free at the library so I've seen far too many of them.

I'll try to participate more in the future :)

Lurk no more! Get in on the chat for High School Musical and get in the game!
Mark: "But I thought we are all orpans." Deep Down inside, we all are, Miami Connection

Dorothy Shaw: "I like a man who can run faster than I can." Choosy, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

No-Prize Champion
Vampire's Kiss; xXx: Return of Xander Cage; Body Parts; The Running Man

#44 Cameron H.

    Neil Diamond Super Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationChâteau D’If

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:59 PM

View PostSaraK, on 17 April 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

I'm a serious lurker in these threads, but I would love to suggest a musical! When I was a kid, they were free at the library so I've seen far too many of them.

I'll try to participate more in the future :)


You're in! Welcome aboard!

Posted Image
Violet: I've never failed to complete.
Ultraviolet (2006)

Lecturer: Children smoke - a reefer stick! Thinking it to be an ordinary, perfectly harmless cigarette.
Reefer Madness (2005)

#45 EvRobert

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:01 PM

really going to try and be more active! I've lost two user names now due to inactivity on my part I think. so...sign me up please? I'm dreading HSM but I'll be there to join in the discussion of the movie from hell LOL

#46 Cameron H.

    Neil Diamond Super Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationChâteau D’If

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:04 AM

View PostEvRobert, on 18 April 2017 - 09:01 PM, said:

really going to try and be more active! I've lost two user names now due to inactivity on my part I think. so...sign me up please? I'm dreading HSM but I'll be there to join in the discussion of the movie from hell LOL


You're added! :)
Violet: I've never failed to complete.
Ultraviolet (2006)

Lecturer: Children smoke - a reefer stick! Thinking it to be an ordinary, perfectly harmless cigarette.
Reefer Madness (2005)

#47 EvRobert

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:57 PM

Excellent...I know just the film too bwhahahahahaha

#48 EternalSammich

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:03 PM

I, too, would like to be more active. I'm more of a lurker. I've watched a lot of the musicals suggested and just haven't participated in the conversations here yet. I'll try. Especially for High School Musical.
Troy Bolton: Exclamation point.
- High School Musical

#49 kateacola

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:31 PM

Musical Mondays is poppin y'all



#50 Cameron H.

    Neil Diamond Super Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationChâteau D’If

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:21 AM

View PostEternalSammich, on 19 April 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

I, too, would like to be more active. I'm more of a lurker. I've watched a lot of the musicals suggested and just haven't participated in the conversations here yet. I'll try. Especially for High School Musical.


Awesome! You're on the board!

I'm glad so many new people are joining up! I'm excited to see what you have for us :)
Violet: I've never failed to complete.
Ultraviolet (2006)

Lecturer: Children smoke - a reefer stick! Thinking it to be an ordinary, perfectly harmless cigarette.
Reefer Madness (2005)

#51 firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:07 AM

this has nothing to do with anything so i'll just put it here cause i think if anyone will know what i'm talking it will be you guys.

today, for the first time, i saw the pilot for Cop Rock. It was a strange experience. I thought it was going to be a comedy or i thought i'd laugh out loud at how stupidly bad it all was but the cop parts were deadly serious and some of the musical parts were really sad ... i was bummed out after watching it. and there was some big name involved with it.

i have nothing else to say about it really other than it was a crazy concept that really had me wondering "How Did This Get Made?" .. don't think i'll watch anymore. unless it gets crazier. have ye seen it?

#52 Cameron H.

    Neil Diamond Super Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationChâteau D’If

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:11 AM

View Postfirsttimecallerlongtimelistenr, on 20 April 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

this has nothing to do with anything so i'll just put it here cause i think if anyone will know what i'm talking it will be you guys.

today, for the first time, i saw the pilot for Cop Rock. It was a strange experience. I thought it was going to be a comedy or i thought i'd laugh out loud at how stupidly bad it all was but the cop parts were deadly serious and some of the musical parts were really sad ... i was bummed out after watching it. and there was some big name involved with it.

i have nothing else to say about it really other than it was a crazy concept that really had me wondering "How Did This Get Made?" .. don't think i'll watch anymore. unless it gets crazier. have ye seen it?



I haven't, but I've heard of it. Like you, I always assumed it was a kind of tongue in cheek thing. Now I kind of want to check it out.
Violet: I've never failed to complete.
Ultraviolet (2006)

Lecturer: Children smoke - a reefer stick! Thinking it to be an ordinary, perfectly harmless cigarette.
Reefer Madness (2005)

#53 CakeBug Tranch

    Loyal Tompkastaway

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • LocationSchmocation

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:16 AM

Holy shit, I've never heard of this before, but after the first track I found on YouTube...



WTF is this?
Mark: "But I thought we are all orpans." Deep Down inside, we all are, Miami Connection

Dorothy Shaw: "I like a man who can run faster than I can." Choosy, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

No-Prize Champion
Vampire's Kiss; xXx: Return of Xander Cage; Body Parts; The Running Man

#54 tomspanks

    jaded meowndarin

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:29 AM

^I had to keep rewinding to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

Homicide, arson, robbery, rape.
It wouldn’t hurt to say our prayers.
Play it tough but play it safe.
Let's be careful out there.

I don't know what's worse, rhyming rape with safe or prayer with they-er.

#55 CakeBug Tranch

    Loyal Tompkastaway

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • LocationSchmocation

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:56 AM

There's another one you can find on YouTube called 'I'm not racist, but...'

Sadly, it's way more boring than it sounds.
Mark: "But I thought we are all orpans." Deep Down inside, we all are, Miami Connection

Dorothy Shaw: "I like a man who can run faster than I can." Choosy, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

No-Prize Champion
Vampire's Kiss; xXx: Return of Xander Cage; Body Parts; The Running Man

#56 firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:33 PM

this is the opening theme .. all the people standing around with stupid smiles on their faces are the cast. some very familiar faces.

and yes that is who you think it is singing



this opening has nothing to do with the show i saw .. this makes it look and sound happy. there was a cop killing, crooked cop, junkie mother struggling with baby, affairs .... and it was created by Bochco and Finkelstein. Two guys behind some excellent and very serious cop shows ... mind boggles

#57 tomspanks

    jaded meowndarin

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:05 PM

View PostCakeBug Tranch, on 20 April 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

There's another one you can find on YouTube called 'I'm not racist, but...'

Sadly, it's way more boring than it sounds.


View Postfirsttimecallerlongtimelistenr, on 20 April 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

this is the opening theme .. all the people standing around with stupid smiles on their faces are the cast. some very familiar faces.

and yes that is who you think it is singing

this opening has nothing to do with the show i saw .. this makes it look and sound happy. there was a cop killing, crooked cop, junkie mother struggling with baby, affairs .... and it was created by Bochco and Finkelstein. Two guys behind some excellent and very serious cop shows ... mind boggles


Oh my. Both were awful.

#58 joel_rosenbaum

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:27 PM

If you guys are looking for another, I think I got an idea or two.

#59 Cameron H.

    Neil Diamond Super Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationChâteau D’If

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:56 PM

View Postjoel_rosenbaum, on 06 June 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

If you guys are looking for another, I think I got an idea or two.


Everyone is welcome :) If you tell me you want to be added, I'll be happy to do so.
Violet: I've never failed to complete.
Ultraviolet (2006)

Lecturer: Children smoke - a reefer stick! Thinking it to be an ordinary, perfectly harmless cigarette.
Reefer Madness (2005)

#60 joel_rosenbaum

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:26 AM

Posted Image