🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays--Rotation and Sign Up

this has nothing to do with anything so i'll just put it here cause i think if anyone will know what i'm talking it will be you guys.

today, for the first time, i saw the pilot for Cop Rock. It was a strange experience. I thought it was going to be a comedy or i thought i'd laugh out loud at how stupidly bad it all was but the cop parts were deadly serious and some of the musical parts were really sad ... i was bummed out after watching it. and there was some big name involved with it.

i have nothing else to say about it really other than it was a crazy concept that really had me wondering "How Did This Get Made?" .. don't think i'll watch anymore. unless it gets crazier. have ye seen it?

• Like 2

this has nothing to do with anything so i'll just put it here cause i think if anyone will know what i'm talking it will be you guys.

today, for the first time, i saw the pilot for Cop Rock. It was a strange experience. I thought it was going to be a comedy or i thought i'd laugh out loud at how stupidly bad it all was but the cop parts were deadly serious and some of the musical parts were really sad ... i was bummed out after watching it. and there was some big name involved with it.

i have nothing else to say about it really other than it was a crazy concept that really had me wondering "How Did This Get Made?" .. don't think i'll watch anymore. unless it gets crazier. have ye seen it?

I haven't, but I've heard of it. Like you, I always assumed it was a kind of tongue in cheek thing. Now I kind of want to check it out.

• Like 2

Holy shit, I've never heard of this before, but after the first track I found on YouTube...

WTF is this?

• Like 2

^I had to keep rewinding to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

Homicide, arson, robbery, rape.

It wouldn’t hurt to say our prayers.

Play it tough but play it safe.

Let's be careful out there.

I don't know what's worse, rhyming rape with safe or prayer with they-er.

• Like 3

There's another one you can find on YouTube called 'I'm not racist, but...'

Sadly, it's way more boring than it sounds.

• Like 2

this is the opening theme .. all the people standing around with stupid smiles on their faces are the cast. some very familiar faces.

and yes that is who you think it is singing

this opening has nothing to do with the show i saw .. this makes it look and sound happy. there was a cop killing, crooked cop, junkie mother struggling with baby, affairs .... and it was created by Bochco and Finkelstein. Two guys behind some excellent and very serious cop shows ... mind boggles

• Like 2

There's another one you can find on YouTube called 'I'm not racist, but...'

Sadly, it's way more boring than it sounds.

this is the opening theme .. all the people standing around with stupid smiles on their faces are the cast. some very familiar faces.

and yes that is who you think it is singing

this opening has nothing to do with the show i saw .. this makes it look and sound happy. there was a cop killing, crooked cop, junkie mother struggling with baby, affairs .... and it was created by Bochco and Finkelstein. Two guys behind some excellent and very serious cop shows ... mind boggles

Oh my. Both were awful.

• Like 2

If you guys are looking for another, I think I got an idea or two.

Everyone is welcome :) If you tell me you want to be added, I'll be happy to do so.

Hey Cameron i am not going to be around the first five days of my pick. Can you swap me around? If not thats cool too lol. I can come back on Saturday and discuss things.

• Like 2

Hey Cameron i am not going to be around the first five days of my pick. Can you swap me around? If not thats cool too lol. I can come back on Saturday and discuss things.

No, that's totally fine! I'll just swap you with EternalSammich if that's okay.

• Like 2

Perfect thanks. I just realized today i was going to be gone tjat week with no internet access.

• Like 3

Perfect thanks. I just realized today i was going to be gone tjat week with no internet access.

Where are you going??

• Like 1

jail.

kidding!

I'm going camping and even cell service is spotty

• Like 4

Added grudlian! Yay!

You may want to hold off yay-ing until you see my choices.

• Like 3

We've seen some doozies *cough Gigi cough* We're all HDTGM listeners, we can take anything. My next pick is going to be cinematic napalm.

• Like 4

I wouldn't pick something intentionally bad but one of my ideas probably isn't for everyone and very long.

I'm not sure its streaming anywhere for a reasonable price right now and I don't want anyone spending more than a couple bucks at most. So everyone is spared.

• Like 4

I wouldn't pick something intentionally bad but one of my ideas probably isn't for everyone and very long.

That didn't stop CakeBug from picking Across the Universe ;)

• Like 8

Daana Veera Soora Karna, the four and a half hour Bollywood musical, it is!

• Like 5

That didn't stop CakeBug from picking Across the Universe ;)

Keep that up Cam, and I'll pick it again next week.

• Like 9

Keep that up Cam, and I'll pick it again next week.

I missed Across the Universe the first time so...

• Like 5