🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 120 — Farts and Procreation

Can't believe there are any haters for this episode. It was fantastic. Almost ran my foot over with the lawnmower when Harris's character "realizes" he slept with his own sister. Brilliant.

• Like 1

The episode started very poorly and dipped lower shortly after. Then Harris and Adam made it better as their characters, then the whole thing took a horrifying nosedive as Chelsea Peretti started "acting".

I don't care how tired you all are or how hot it is; shit is still shit. Why is this episode shit?

1. Characters are best when they are held through the whole bit. Andy Daily never says "And now I'll stop being Don Dimelo and just be me" He commits to the role and stays in character until the bit is done, then the Don Dimelo leaves and Andy re-enters the studio. Fading in and out of characters is lousy acting and very irritating.

2. Finding yourselves so terribly amusing is really off-putting. If something is genuinely funny then laugh, but being all giddy and finding that everything you say gives you the giggles and is hilarious is annoying and sounds like a pack of teenagers doing a podcast.

3. Where the hell are the games?

In summary, four people who can't hold a character sit in a studio and make each other laugh and we get to listen to it; good work everyone. This episode was so bothersome I signed up just to voice my distaste.

I'm not giving up on the show yet but episodes like have been produced lately really make me miss the Pod F Tompkast.

Feel free to take this post as an honest (if acerbic) critique of the show, or simply discount it as the ranting of some asshole on the internet, I really don't care I just had to have my say because the show has been much better and I hope it will be again.

^Leonard Maltin, you're in the wrong place. Doug Benson's show is in another podcastle.

Another question this podcast raises is WHO IS INVENTING ALL OF THESE ROBOTS? Seriously, the CBB universe is filled with robots that were programmed for tasks of dubious importance. I would like the inventor of Good One Robot and Vegetarian Robot to be interviewed. Why go through all of those lines of code just so a robot can appreciate a joke or not eat meat? Seriously, that's an investment of time and money that could be better spent elsewhere, like on sexaroids. Programming a robot to not like meat is like programming a robot to get cancer. It seems needlessly cruel and uneccesary.

Yes James, it was such a disappointment that they couldn't stay committed to such unique and well-defined characters as Jack and Bryan. I would have believed they were real until they came out of character.

I had to immediately donate money to the show after listening. I can't justify just buying t-shirts from earwolf any longer, you deserve more. I only make a small amount at my job so my donation was modest, but I just couldn't go on listening to the best comedy that exists in any media without giving back at least a little bit.

James I see what you're saying but the problem is that Andy Daly is a hero unit as far as character work stuff and can pull that off. Part of what makes these characters work is that they aren't entertaining enough for a whole episode, I think everyone listening would kill themselves after an hour of lumber yard related improv. I do miss would you rather though.

But this was a pretty great episode I love how great everyone was at latching on to each other's bizarrely terrible improvs it was amazing.

I also like how "so do you eat a dick every time someone has sex with your butt?" somehow implies that your butt is a seperate entity that's having sex apart from you.

At least they were entertaining each other.

The lesson from this episode is that if you can't think of jokes, just keep saying random things dryly. Also, no comedy is bad if it's done ironically.

This episode had me straining to stifle my laughter at my cubicle at work, so, job well done, team! I liked how befuddled Chelsea was, especially when it dawned on her that the taping was almost done. You can practically hear her thinking "Wait, what? That's it, we recorded all this bantering bullshit and that's the show?" This is clearly Besser's influence on me from listening to the Earwolf Challenge, but it seems like it took longer for to "find the game" this episode. I think that's part of Harris's anti-comedy, but it seemed genuine for Chelsea, probably because she has more of a stand-up/comedy writer background than an improv background. That's probably the reason some people won't like this episode, but I thought Adam and Harris were fantastic, plus Chelsea now has the immortal line about eating a dick every time someone has sex with your butt.

Wonderful stuff. The kind of bizzaro chucklemining that only CBB can give!

This was a dream team of guests and you guys did not disappoint. While you might've been loopy from the heat and the time of day, I think it only made things sillier and more fun. One of my all-time favorite episodes!

I've listened to this episode 3 times since I downloaded it this morning; I think that speaks for itself. Definitely what people in the biz would call a "stone-cold classic." By the way, I'm glad that the response to this episode hasn't been as divisive as I first expected. There are always going to be a few people who simply don't understand this kind of humor (along with the small but vocal group who just don't like it), but listening to Chelsea's "character" showcase devolve into the scene at the disco is CBB at its very best, in my opinion. I'm glad the majority of people on here seem to agree. The show has really been particularly fantastic during the last few weeks; keep doing what you're doing, Scottabot.

• Like 1

I woke up this morning and let out an audible "YES!" to myself when I saw who the guests were, and it didn't disappoint for a second.
Top 3 episode of all time for me, I can't count how many times I embarrassed myself laughing on the walk to work......"Carl S'Junior Sandwiches" was the tipping point.
How Adam Scott managed to not even giggle once (at least I couldn't hear him) through that entire show is downright miraculous. The deadest of pan.

I don't know what exactly I just listened to, but I loved it with every part of my body.

Hi Harris! I hope the other meanies didn't hurt your feelings. :(

This episode made my eyes literally piss tears of laughter. Harris is the best!

James Smith: [[ I don't care how tired you all are or how hot it is; shit is still shit. Why is this episode shit? ]]

I am going to blame you.

[[ 1. Characters are best when they are held through the whole bit. Andy Daily never says "And now I'll stop being Don Dimelo and just be me" Fading in and out of characters is lousy acting and very irritating. ]]

That was part of the joke. So for point one, you are actually to blame.

[[ 2. Finding yourselves so terribly amusing is really off-putting. ]]

I enjoyed it. It's almost as if your opinion isn't canonical ... but surely that cannot be!

[[ 3. Where the hell are the games? ]]

One of the reasons why this episode is shit is "where the hell are the games?" Your list makes no sense and you don't know how words work.

[[ In summary ]]

Oh thank goodness. I am glad your internet complaining about something you get for free followed the five paragraph essay format.

[[ This episode was so bothersome I signed up just to voice my distaste. ]]

I loved the episode but if it made you sign up then I must say I like it slightly less now.

[[ Feel free to take this post as an honest (if acerbic) critique of the show, or simply discount it as the ranting of some asshole on the internet ]]

Done!

Jeff MacDonald: [[ I had to immediately donate money to the show after listening. I only make a small amount at my job so my donation was modest ]]

I make more money than you Jeff MacDonald! But thanks for donating.

Killvin: [[ Thanks for proving that even high women are not that funny ]]

Killvin - Thanks for proving that even assholes on the internet can take their asshole level up a notch when required. However one small note: that's never required!

BenV: [[ I'm one of those assholes who thought the shows hadn't been that great lately, but wow. This is one of my all time favourites.]]

I read this first as "I'm not one" and now I'm confused. It was a great episode though.

Sarp: [[ comedy bang bang or comedy meh meh. i can't decide either. ]]

Either? You are the only person who has expressed confusion about the name.

Jibber Jabber doesn't really "get" the internet.

Meanwhile, I can't find the official pool, so please count this as a vote for Harris to never appear on any podcast ever again ever. Thank you.

I can totally be the official Earwolf lifeguard for the official Earwolf pool. I'm certified and everything. Lifeguarding and CPR!

Official Pool? So that's what you've been spending our donations on! I feel so used.