🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 154 - Highlander II: The Quickening LIVE!

man-of-steel-scream-we-re-not-going-to-see-that-batman-v-superman-footage-gif-107066.gif

This is exactly the type of emotional instability I'm talking about. I can't do this anymore. Besides...I...I've met someone new. He's young, yes, but what's "age," right? It's nothing but a stupid number. It's about the way he makes me feel. I feel alive! I feel alive like the way you used to ma--oh, never mind. You'd like him. He's an acrobat.

movie_3_by_holybearhug-d6ias5f.gif

• Like 3

Who is.. what is...

2506702-tumblr_m1vlm6du821qko4x4o1_500.gif

Oh...don't do this. You'll just embarrass both of us.

Hey, our mothers are both still named "Martha." We'll always have that...

C'mon, big guy. Give is a smile.

3770234-smile.gif

• Like 3

Not to sound like a worried parent, but does anyone know why the minisode isn't up yet? I hope everyone's OK.

• Like 2

Not to sound like a worried parent, but does anyone know why the minisode isn't up yet? I hope everyone's OK.

It's the weekend before Paul's birthday. I just assume they're doing family stuff.

• Like 3

Also in the first newsletter they sent out there was a "HOMEWORK" section that just had the xXx: Return of Xander Cage poster in it and I'm starting to wonder...

• Like 2

Hey Paul, June and Jason!

Boy, oh boy what an unholy mess you all walked into with Highlander 2! I’m actually one of three hosts of a weekly Highlander Podcast called Highlander Rewatched. Yes…there is that much to talk about with Highlander that it deserves it’s own podcast….5 movies (most are awful), a pretty great TV show, and an absolutely atrocious animated series in which the highlander rides a dinosaur and has a “Snarf” like sidekick. Anyway, just wanted to share a few notable facts and observations about Highlander 2 with you!

First, off, let’s start with Christopher Lambert’s insane old man voice. In the original movie, which takes place in 1985, he is supposed to be the age of an18 year old. The movie starts in 1999 when he creates the shield, making him 32 years old. Then we jump ahead to the year 2024 - making him only 57! FIFTY SEVEN?!?! He sounds like he is 105 years old! His voice makes no sense at all!

When Connor and Ramirez approach the Super Max prison in their car there is a sign at the front entrance that says “No unauthorized (spelled UNAUTHORISED) persons to proceed beyond this point” There is a HUGE typo on the screen! They couldn't even spell unauthorized correctly. Could anything more have gone wrong on this film? Of course! As you mentioned Christopher Lambert got injured a number of times during this shoot. During the final battle you can actually see he is still wearing his hospital bracelet! Guess he couldn't be bothered to take it off.

Finally, just a little tidbit. If your turn up the volume, in the “Special edition” of this movie (there are about 4 versions of this movie!) you can hear Sean Connery whisper in the woman sitting next to him on the plane’s ear “I hear dark haired women like to SIT ON MEN’S FACES” Holy shit! But what is the best part of all of this? In the original theatrical version of this movie they edited that last part of his line to you never really know what Sean Connery says. The Producers, and Director of this movie decided when making the special edition DVD which came out years later - ”Hey you know that really crude line that we took out of the movie? Yeah, let’s put that back in!” GROSS!

We also included a little supercut we made of Christopher Lambert's awful old man voice! Enjoy!

Thanks again, you are the best and we always look forward to your show every single week!

Best,

Keith and the Highlander Rewatched Crew

I may be wrong (and I'm sure someone who actually paid attention in English class can correct me) but I believe that unauthoriSed is the British spelling of the word and unauthoriZed is the US spelling.

So I'm guessing they filmed this either somewhere in the UK or somewhere that had a British influence in the past. Or maybe the guy who made the sign for the film was British?

It's the weekend before Paul's birthday. I just assume they're doing family stuff.

Ah. Makes sense. Thanks. Don't know why I always assume something bad has happened, but I do.

• Like 1

I may be wrong (and I'm sure someone who actually paid attention in English class can correct me) but I believe that unauthoriSed is the British spelling of the word and unauthoriZed is the US spelling.

So I'm guessing they filmed this either somewhere in the UK or somewhere that had a British influence in the past. Or maybe the guy who made the sign for the film was British?

Yes indeed. I'm from Australia, and live in Canada, and in both of those places (as well as Britain) 'Unauthorised' is spelled with an S. That's absolutely an American spelling.

• Like 1

Yes indeed. I'm from Australia, and live in Canada, and in both of those places (as well as Britain) 'Unauthorised' is spelled with an S. That's absolutely an American spelling.

That's what I thought. I'm an Aussie and I've always spelled it with an S. Good to know I wasn't talking complete shite, haha!

• Like 2

Finally watched The Quickening and listened to the podcast. Haven't read through this thread yet, but wow. How did you all survive this movie?

• Like 2

Finally watched The Quickening and listened to the podcast. Haven't read through this thread yet, but wow. How did you all survive this movie?

I think most of us barely made it. I mean, you heard what happened to June right?

• Like 5

As a reluctant fan of Highlander (it is my best friend's favorite movie and I have watched it over 6 times and have it on VHS, Japanese LD, US DVD, UK DVD, Japanese DVD, BD, and 4K remastered BD, I was fairly horrified when I watched even the Renegade Cut of Highlander 2 on DVD nearly 20 years ago. I'm a little happy I never saw the theatrical cut, but I kinda feel like torturing myself after this episode. I would recommend the other, horrible entries in the series - 3, 4, the anime, the cartoon TV series, and especially Highlander 5: The Source.

But they should really watch The Source: Russian DVD cut, not the US fixed-up Syfy channel cut. Terrible production values, random cannibals without warning or explanation, the plot not making a lick of sense, a baffling ending. The Sauce is mind-meltingly terrible and amusing.

90s American Grit

I do talk with a stammer now though.

• Like 2

Alcohol.

• Like 6