🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 3 (Taylor Anne Photo's Choice)

Okay I wanted to do something that really cleansed our palettes after Tommy so I picked one of my favorite movies of all time

Beauty-and-the-Beast-poster.jpg

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST SUCKERS! Released in 1992 1991 and was the first animated movie ever to be nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars! It's breathtakingly beautiful and still holds up! Let's do this!

• Like 6

Okay I wanted to do something that really cleansed our palettes after Tommy so I picked one of my favorite movies of all time

Beauty-and-the-Beast-poster.jpg

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST SUCKERS! Released in 1992 and was the first animated movie ever to be nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars! It's breathtakingly beautiful and still holds up! Let's do this!

This means we have to do the new one when it comes out, too, right?

I'm really glad you picked this, though, because I've been wanting to revisit it.

(Also, it was released in 1991 and nominated for the Oscars in 1992)

• Like 2

i dont know if it's been on bbc america but BBC4 have been airing a 3 part series on musicals this month. It's called Sound of Musicals with Neil Brand. The first 2 episodes are on youtube and the final part is on this week.

Sound of Musicals with Neil Brand: Series in which composer Neil Brand explores how musical theatre evolved over the last 100 years to become today's global phenomenon. Neil hears the inside story from leading composers and talent past and present, and recreates classic songs, looking in detail at how these work musically and lyrically to captivate the audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMaY_VQVmec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7066KCKYrU

enjoy

• Like 1

Is it okay if the majority of my posts are just gifs of Angela Lansbury being awesome?

tumblr_n948jauXsY1s2wio8o1_500.gif

• Like 6

(Also, it was released in 1991 and nominated for the Oscars in 1992)

Shit yeah I mixed that up cause the Oscars were in 92.

My b

• Like 2

Is it okay if the majority of my posts are just gifs of Angela Lansbury being awesome?

Fun fact - Julie Andrews passed on both Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Beauty and the Beast. Both roles went to Angela Lansbury.

• Like 4

tumblr_n948jauXsY1s2wio8o1_500.gif

She's lookin' at you Cameron H.

Angela_Lansbury_in_Till_the_Clouds_Roll_By.jpg

I love in Manchurian Candidate she more than credibly plays Laurence Harvey's mom but she was only three years older!

• Like 2

Two minutes in and I already have a question, lol. This is going to be a long week.

• Like 4

Ughhh I've been wanting to watch this again, but I don't have a copy to watch ffffff

• Like 4

Two minutes in and I already have a question, lol. This is going to be a long week.

Oh trust me...nothing adds up.

• Like 2

Get ready to watch me defend every illogical plot point in this movie lol

I can hardly wait to hear you defend Belle's snobbish contempt for her fellow villagers...

Tomspanks' is right. This really is going to be a long week

• Like 2

Good choice!

I admit though, it's going to be hard to rewatch this and not think of this

• Like 5

I don't know guys, I just watched the opening credits and it's way different to how I remember...

• Like 4

I don't know guys, I just watched the opening credits and it's way different to how I remember...

WTF

• Like 3

WTF

That's because he watched the wrong version. He was supposed to watch Cocteau's 1946 movie.

• Like 3

I watched this:

beauty_and_the_beast_tv_series-826580302-large.jpg

Gag! How am I even supposed to tell which one is the beast when they are both so hideous...

• Like 5

I watched this:

beauty_and_the_beast_tv_series-826580302-large.jpg

Gag! How am I even supposed to tell which one is the beast when they are both so hideous...

I'm 99% sure that in the source material, the Beast was so called because he had minor cosmetic facial scars from a rec league hockey game and rave contact lenses. This one is legit.

• Like 5