🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Episode 170 - The Wendigabrus, Our Close Friend

i really liked this episode. thank you mr hayes and sean and john for making it for me

oh sick burn Greggy

Take THAT, JOHN GARBUS

Also - another top-notch ep, ever notice the hosts of this pod are really nice, funny and good?

• Like 7

i don't think it's nice to make fun of people who confuse jon gembrus with john gaberlicking.

• Like 10

One of the all time great episodes

I came here to post this exact series of words, but I also read every previous entry before posting to make sure I didn't duplicate.

You're welcome, moderators.

Bozos (née of Basketball)

• Like 8

Got the Gabrizone in the mail even earlier than i expected, i guess they were really looking to unload the last of their stock so they threw in a little extra. Maybe it's because i've already built up an immunity but i'm hardly experiencing any Wendigabrus side effects other than the ones that i have had my entire life (not afraid to admit i've had a few powdery days here and there) so i really think the FDA should rethink their official stance on this product (and NO im not getting paid to say that). Anyway this isn't really going anywhere funny or amusing I just wanted to say that this was a great episode and go pick yourself up a tub of Gabrizone located at any CVS or Buffalo Wild Wings near you

• Like 8

I was on my junior high "quiz bowl" team and in seventh grade the only question i got right, throughout the entire year, was "In comics, what type of animal is Pogo?"

Great ep- maybe I'll stop back with a photoshop of Hayes in Gabrus's back pocket

• Like 6

Seek it Chanson

Seek%20it%20Chanson.png

More of this please.

• Like 12

Oh, hi! It's me. Your pal, Chanson. What's up? How are things? Glad to hear it. K, good.

• Like 6

Oh, hi! It's me. Your pal, Chanson. What's up? How are things? Glad to hear it. K, good.

Chanksy, bb, you told me about this episode. Please don't let your fans down by feigning ignorance. We love you chanksy. No matter how many ferry's we have to cross to get inside of that pretty little head of yours. We will deliver the episode via sea plane if needed.

The Hollywood Floatbook is ready for good lock.

• Like 3

If you're looking for an open book, AMA. Most of the time I only speak to break the deafening silence of isolation and if I can even so much as delude myself into thinking I have seen a reaction from others of any kind I am able to confirm that I still exist. However my internal fortune cookie factory is telling me that this post won't be one of those instances. I seem too desperate. SEND.

• Like 3

More of this please.

Chanson just liked some nerd shit! I'm starting to think he's not even a real jock bully anymore

• Like 8

I think we've been over this before:

Jon Gabrus - littler name, bigger guy

JoHn Gemberling - bigger name, likes to eff animals

• Like 12

So good when Hayes had to prompt Sean to go into his bit about how much they love lizard brains. Between the new comic strips touched on and the in-depth poker tips this was probably one of the more informative eps, while still remaining funny, nice and smart like we've come to love and appreciate

HHFFFL News: Big Game Catch Time Snuper Bowl 1 kicks off this Sunday, January 29th. Not sure exactly what that means but we'll just see if we can't reinvent the cheese wheel or something. You're all invited to come out and cheer on Joe and greggy at Wolfcool Field in Burbank, CA. Free Engineer Cody bobbleheads to the first 1000 fans thru the gates. Tickets online at LouisCK.com

*****Disclaimer: HHFFFL and its agencies are not responsible for gambling debts accrued by wagering on Snuper Bowl. Be them real or pretend, jelly beans or dollar bills, it ain't our problem. That being said the current odds for the game are Mutant League Football, Bela Lugosi as Dracula, the Howie Scream & Easter Island Moai statues at 7-4, and The Flint Michigan Marc-Maron-i and Cheeses at 11-5. Mutant League... are 7 point favorites. The point spread is 52.5 O/U

• Like 10

Hayes and Sean blew me away with their creativity. They took the lemon of the hosts not being in the same city and turned it into Cloverfield. It's not enough to just come up with a fantastic concept, you have to have the skills to deliver a coherent story. The boys did it by tying Wendigabrus to previous episodes and the various participants' characters. It's believable that Wengert will try to out Gabrus Gabrus. We know from the Brandon Content episode that Wengert gets too into stuff. It makes sense that Hayes is the one chasing the Wengert-turned-berserker since Sean is scared of monsters.

The best horror stories are not just about monsters. They are about people, their relationships with each other, and their hopes and aspirations. And sure enough, in this ep. we learn that Gabrus is not as working-class as he presents himself ("Hayes Davenport is dealing out who's fucking blue-collar and who's not?!"), that communications-wise, the relationship between Sean and Hayes is unbalanced, and that nobody is content with the current state of their careers and they are hustling, but not to the point where they view people like an opportunistic Terminator.

Speaking of horror, the D.A.N.A plot in the ziprecruiter ad is unsettling, like a Bradbury story. The boys should write a horror movie.

• Like 14

is a wendigabrus real or did they make it up for the show

• Like 11

Sources state that a Wendigabrus is real, although one has never been photographed in mid rampage. It is theorized that the supernatural nature of their very existance fucks up camera lenses not unlike the super irradiated villain in Sunshine.

• Like 1

for those who want to get nerdy with understanding some of the references in this ep listen to this very good podcast ep:

http://dontgetmestar...-buying-rituals

yes! this is one of my favorite things, makes the thought of Joe very funny for a long time lol

the first few minutes are like "oh yeah, i guess i'm really obsessive in the way i take in albums and films, this is pretty relatable" and then it just gets crazier and crazier

• Like 3

The best horror stories are not just about monsters. They are about people, their relationships with each other, and their hopes and aspirations.

This checks out because all I remember from the Scary Movies is Anna Faris and how she hoped and aspired not to die. And I believe that series is universally accepted as some of the best horror films ever made, along with The Birds and Addams Family Values

yes, and

wendigabrus%20surfing.png

• Like 8

Sign in to follow this