Episode 39 — Transvaginal Mesh

76 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:02 PM

This is quite the international episode of Who Charted?! With Howard and Kulap in the cockpit, we take Andy Richter all over the world: From the top hits of the German charts, to the gay art of Finland. We'll take a quick stop at the Polish well that once housed Howard's grandmother before landing in Russia to learn about the language. Our in-flight entertainment is this week's charting movies (feel free to watch them silently, though) and a game of Chart Darts! You may now unfasten your seat-belt and recline your seat. Enjoy the ride!

#2 KajusX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:06 PM

Love the new Chart Art! Very pleasing color combo! The episode's downloading right now, and as soon as I wrap up this Savage Love episode I'm listening to, I'll be putting on Whoooooooooooo CHARTED!!!

#3 Brett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:40 PM

Kinda miss when everyone shouts "NUMBER 5" and so on. but i understand why you took it out, and am glad you still left it in for NUMBER 1. Love the podcast and love earwolf more and more each day.

#4 Julia Hays

Earwolf Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey native. New to Los Angeles.

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:47 AM

In reference to the bonus chart: Is Harris Wittels aware that Andy Richter's not into jam music?

#5 Papa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:23 AM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand best title on anything ever, now to listen.

great job Caroline (?) !!

#6 Caroline Anderson

Earwolf Incarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:30 AM

Haha, thank you. I usually try to make it something that recurs through the episode, but...I mean, come on!??!!? If you didn't google "Transvaginal mesh" as soon as they started talking about it, you're a stronger person than I.

#7 Julia Hays

Earwolf Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:02 AM

@Caroline... Maybe the show will pick up new listeners. Who Charted? - a podcast meant for comedy nerds, musicians, chart followers, and women searching online for information regarding "transvaginal mesh" lawsuits.

#8 Rich Young

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationDown Unda

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:05 AM

BEST EP. EVER!!!

Thx to Howie + Kuulio for my 15secs of fame ;)

(and Andy for the re-remix)

#9 Michael Wo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:40 AM

Episode 40: Joe the Janitor listens to the Top 5 "F Troop" theme songs.

#10 David Thomas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:16 AM

I choose to believe Andy gave a solid z-snap after "you're smarter than his f***ing legs."

#11 Michael Wo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:52 AM

At about the 48 minute mark, I realized it was a bad idea to listen to this podcast while eating my lunch.

#12 David Thomas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:12 AM

Having just done some googling, I recommend living with the mystery of exactly what TVM is.
Unless you like reading about surgeries and infections. :-S

#13 erik1326657699

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:32 AM

Howard, the kraftwerk joke killed me. Like the new picture. Andy is a great guess. Can't wait for the new album.

#14 Robert Strawsburg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:35 AM

Another mention of a fleur de lis, they should change the name of this to Who Fleur De Lised? amirite?

#15 Griffin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:57 AM

Dear Howard and Kulap, Summah spelled backwards is Hammus, which sounds a lot like Hummus, the tasty Middle-Eastern dip made from chick peas, tahini, olive oil, and other fine ingredients. What does this mean? Could Hummus be the official food of Summah in this crazy mixed-up world of ours? Or am I just reaching?

#16 kylekylekylekylekylekylekyle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:15 AM

Yo Howard and Ku I think it's funnier when you guys don't tell the guest that The last chart is about them esp when they don't get it till later. Please keep it in mind. Your biggest fan http://www.youtube.c...ser/ktettelbach

#17 Julia Hays

Earwolf Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:03 PM

Watch your downloads continue to increase, Team Who Charted! Just got my t-shirt in the mail, and, let me assure you, my chest is prime real estate to spread the word. Kudos to Aaron on a kickass design.

#18 Bucho

Women sense my power

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationThe Future, aka Auckland, New Zealand

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:12 PM

People should see Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark. Sure it has a couple the usual silly spooky film plot conceits and contrivances but that's all part of the fun. If you like spooky films it's a really nicely made Guillermo Del Toro-ey spooky film, Katie Holmes is actually good in it and Guy Pearce is always great and the little girl does really good little girl acting too.
But Andy Richter was great. "Big candy bubbles coming out of a perfectly manicured asshole" is the most perfect description for that fruity, cheesball Euro house music in the history of bass. Top-notch work everybody.

#19 Dirk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:42 PM

man
You guys shouldn't have changed it where you all SHOUT the NUMBERS in the countdown. It feels lifeless and broken now, incomplete . I am sad.
other than that- great episode!

#20 David Thomas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:02 PM

Did they actually change it? The guests have never remembered to do it all the time.
I quite enjoy it too, although I can imagine it would start to get a bit old for them to do all that shouting.
(PS maybe it could be prerecorded and Kulap could just press a button?)

Can we get an official confirmation on that policy change?
I promise we'll understand... I mean, everyone eventually got over that Comedy Bang Bang thing, right?