🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 468 - The Dream Method

Golden Globe winning actress Rachel Bloom of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend joins Scott and this week’s co-host Ming to talk about Rachel’s time studying Shakespeare at The Royal Academy of the Dramatic Arts, what brought her to the good ol’ USA after growing up across the pond, and the dream method she uses to prepare herself while shooting Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. Then, chief inspector Yoplait arrives to tell us about his private detective business in which he poses as young children online. Later, Gummy Bright Candy owner Peter Finn returns to talk about his new line of Valentine’s Day candy and the continued search for his wife.

On February 21st in Houston, our good friend Harris Wittels will be named the 2017 distinguished alumnus for the HSPVA (The High School for the Performing and Visual Arts). Earwolf co-founder Jeff Ullrich will match any donations made for the school up to $5000 (put Jeff Match when donating online). For more info go to www.harristribute.com

• Like 2

Oh man, that was good. And Ming is giving Zouks a run for best replacement option. (I really wished he caught Scott muttering 'My wife' later in the show).

I'm starting to worry that like how 2016 was the CBB year of death 2017 is creeping (appropriately enough) towards becoming the CBB year of sexually exploited children. Watch that line, people!

Anyway, it was great how well everyone clicked together. A 'yes and'-ing for the ages!

• Like 3

Anthony Atamanuik effortlessly pulling out the name "Laurence Luckinbill" as the actor who portrayed Spock's half-brother in Star Trek V was a truly impressive example of obscure recall.

Laurence Luckinbill: RIPossible?

• Like 5

I'm only maybe 20 minutes in, but I already am enjoying how difficult Scott and British Rachel are making life for Ming. When he had to yes-and smelling like pumpkins I was thinking man they've already painted quite an odd picture of what Ming looks like sitting in the studio right now.

Have to say I wish Anthony was on to be Trump, I get the feeling he doesn't want to do it to make sure that he displays his distaste for the real person, but in my eyes him doing the character at least allows those of us who don't agree with him the chance to laugh and him the chance to lampoon him as much as possible. I think having Trump on should be a regular thing as long as he's our disgusting terrible President.

"A.B.C.E. Take the D out and leave it in later. "

The Comedy Bang Bang irreverence train is out of retirement, off its tracks, and speeding headlong towards innocent pedestrians in 2017, and I need it inside me.

• Like 4

I got excited to see this Bonus Ep but then i realized it was actually monday and i had accidentally slept for about 4 days. Either way, I can't wait to finally find out if Ming is funny or not

Oh man, that was good. And Ming is giving Zouks a run for best replacement option. (I really wished he caught Scott muttering 'My wife' later in the show).

I'm starting to worry that like how 2016 was the CBB year of death 2017 is creeping (appropriately enough) towards becoming the CBB year of sexually exploited children. Watch that line, people!

Anyway, it was great how well everyone clicked together. A 'yes and'-ing for the ages!

Oh my God, when he did the "My Wife" like he was saying it like a trumpet or an elephant, I lost it.

• Like 2

I liked this moment:

Chief Inspector: Right. So after I finished and wiped up and left the apartment. Usually with the same towel that all the ejaculate is on.

Exasperated Scott: Sure

• Like 5

If a character has only appeared on live eps, I really wish that Scott would give the character's backstory, largely because Scott giving a character's backstory is always extremely funny.

Anyway, great ep! Loved all the little nuggets (Scott humming "It's Been a While", "my wife", Lennon's guitar) getting dropped throughout.

• Like 3

Peter Finn makes me literally nauseous when he starts singing. I am never not amazed at Mike Hanford's unparalleled ability to simultaneously entertain and infuriate with his characters.

• Like 1

Jesus christ Inspector Yoplait was amazing, turns out I'm an Anthony fan, not an Anthony-as-Trump fan

Definitely starting out the year with this on my 2017 best of's list

• Like 4

Anthony Atamanuik effortlessly pulling out the name "Laurence Luckinbill" as the actor who portrayed Spock's half-brother in Star Trek V was a truly impressive example of obscure recall.

Laurence Luckinbill: RIPossible?

Holy shit that was real? It all sounded so made up.

• Like 3

Now I wanna hear Chief Inspector Yoplait on an episode with Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber. Maybe throw in some Ian Fleming and have a proper British-Off.

loved Rachel Bloom but im not sure if i bought the accent. fancy acting schools can only teach you so much!!!

Holy shit that was real? It all sounded so made up.

I've been waiting for years to have someone simply reference Spock's brother Sybok, but to have Anthony reference Laurence Luckinbill, the actor who played Sybok? Well, that just sent my heart soaring straight to Sha Ka Ree!

• Like 3

Is it possible at the end Anthony was actually doing John Lennon pretending to be Ringo?

• Like 1

Enjoyed Ming as co-host and laughed out loud many times to Tony T. I can see even more why he and Adomian are a force together when he does other characters. I went back and listened to the Woody Allen episode from last summer. I wish he'd come on more. I don't know if semi-regular Trump visits would be welcomed or grating at this point. Is he doing anything with the character lately?

I came across some new 'tent, a second clip of Trump on Oh, Hello Broadway back before the election. I'd kill to see this entire segment.