🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 154.5 - Minisode 154.5

Energy drinks, Mariah Carey, and Sean Connery’s dirty talk, all of these topics are covered as well as Corrections and Omissions for Highlander II: The Quickening. We also hear Blake J. Harris interview Russell Mulcahy, director of Highlander and Highlander II (go to www.slashfilm.com to read the whole thing) and the Movie Bitches review La La Land. Plus, we find out next week’s very ‘90s movie pick.

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

Paul's new comedy Drive Share is available on Go90. You can see June and Paul on NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU. June stars in Grace and Frankie on Netflix, as well as Lady Dynamite alongside with Jason.

Jason can be seen in How to Be Single, Sleeping with Other People, and is still indeed in The Dictator.

I feel like I've had my official HDTGM baptism now that Paul has butchered the pronunciation of my username. It feels good.

Sean Connery was channeling some straight up Trump creepiness in that scene. Though it's pretty in line with the original Bond films.

gold-3-e1382673336479.jpg

• Like 4

Hard Cider IS a pretty good drag name.

*wow, I feel like I need a drink or nine after listening to that director interview.

• Like 7

i think i mentioned in the last mini that the next movie is going to be movie number 150 covered by HDTGM so to mark this achievement i made a little video made up of all the end of trailer logos for all 150 movies in under 20 seconds ...

DO NOT WATCH THIS IS YOU SUFFER FROM PHOTOSENSITIVE EPILEPSY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt-V_jR7I30

its way too fast but i was trying to fit it into the original theme ... just ended up giving myself a headache

• Like 10

Am I surprised that the Movie Bitches didn't like La La Land?

No

(Although will agree that Ryan Gosling has a white savior complex)

• Like 2

I know it seems silly to complain about someone mispronouncing names on this podcast, but the director of the first two Highlander movies is named Russell Mulcahy, not Malachi.

• Like 1

I feel like I've had my official HDTGM baptism now that Paul has butchered the pronunciation of my username. It feels good.

Sean Connery was channeling some straight up Trump creepiness in that scene. Though it's pretty in line with the original Bond films.

That's not even the worst scene in Goldfinger, IMO. What he does to Pussy Galore is straight up sexual assault. This is Bond trying to kiss her.

gold-9-e1382673980990.jpg

• Like 4

Ugh booo to the incorrect Correction and Omission (about the non-American spelling of 'authorised') making the cut. I didn't end up getting around to the movie so didn't read the thread either: it was kind of fun listening from an outsider's perspective. And I think I'm seeing La La Land tomorrow so skipped MB once more.

Excited about Airborne though!

• Like 7

Excited about Airborne though!

Airborne is--simply put--the greatest movie of all time!

tumblr_n2m4yzDOlK1qedb29o1_500.gif

• Like 4

Yesss! This movie is awesome. I'm going to try and find a DVD to buy before renting, since it is so great. It is 90s as hell. Seth Green and Jack Black are in it too.

Oh, and I definitely was in a rollerblading race at some point as a kid. My mom was doing this 5k, and there was a Rollerblade race attached to it as well, so I said I'd do it. First place.

• Like 3

Johnny Cage is in this, lol.

did you say Johnny cage? is that Nicolas Cage long lost son?

dunkin donuts? whats that! He means drunken donuts doesn't he.

"Airborne--Music by Stewart Copeland"

Motherfucker is really becoming a HDTGM All-Star, isn't he?

• Like 7

Hard Cider IS a pretty good drag name.

*wow, I feel like I need a drink or nine after listening to that director interview.

Hello, my drag name is sticky peaches!

I've never heard of this movie.

Don't feel so bad, I've never heard of it before.

Watching Movie bitches now, about la la land, love it or hate it. it's going to win and clean up.

• Like 1

Unlike trump, If Sean Connery forced him self on me. I would be like thank you for this glorious gift. You know that chest hair is warm and soft like a big teddy bear. we would finish it up with a warm blanket and a bottle of fine Scotch and a fine Cuban Cigar, would have to be a Cohiba. we would just lay together for along time staring into each others eyes.

Listen, I don't know if you're deliberately being obtuse or you just don't "get it." I was pointing out that Sean Connery's Bond character SEXUALLY ASSAULTED a female character in Goldfinger. Don't turn it into a platform to discuss how you would "thank" him if that were to ever happen to you.

• Like 8

Listen, I don't know if you're deliberately being obtuse or you just don't "get it." I was pointing out that Sean Connery's Bond character SEXUALLY ASSAULTED a female character in Goldfinger. Don't turn it into a platform to discuss how you would "thank" him if that were to ever happen to you.

Yes, agreed. This wasn't cool.

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this