🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 54 - Dreamgirls with Jimmy Pardo

In another edition of I Wasn’t There Too, professional comedian and Never Not Funny host Jimmy Pardo joins Matt to talk about being cut from the 2006 musical drama Dreamgirls. Jimmy goes deep into how his role of comedian was offered to him out of the blue, befriending an extra while being on set for 13 hours to shoot his one line, and when he heard the news of when his role was cut. Plus, Jimmy tells us about being cut out of The Informant!, Bob Odenkirk giving him a push to do stand-up comedy when he still worked in a record store, and his time doing warm up for Conan.

The fact that Jimmy had to ask, after all that time, the AD 'Ummmmm....who am I in this movie?" is amazing.

• Like 2

Is it okay that I still giggle every time Jeremy Carter starts in? "The film: Dreamgirrrls"

I literally just created an account after 7 years of listening to Earwolf just to say that I listened to Jennifer Holliday's "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" because of Jimmy Pardo's advice and thought it was fucking heartbreaking/great: