🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 4 (Cakebug Tranch's Pick)

You mean you'll pass on picking 'Sgt Pepper's', right, Cam Bert? Not pass on watching 'Across the Universe'? Right? Right?

Right. I'm honestly looking forward to watching this tomorrow night.

• Like 3

Beatles fans - how have you not watched this already multiple times?

Because I'm a Beatles fan...

• Like 7

Because I'm a Beatles fan...

But even before the bad reviews rolled in, you didn't want to see it when it came out in theaters?

• Like 1

But even before the bad reviews rolled in, you didn't want to see it when it came out in theaters?

NO! It looks awful!

• Like 1

Nope. I wasn't really interested in a bunch of people doing crappy covers and remixes of my favorite songs.

• Like 2

Bad reviews

kith-spit-take-o.gif

• Like 2

Nope. I'm wasn't really interested in a bunch of people doing crappy covers and remixes of my favorite songs.

200_s.gif

• Like 3

Nope. I'm wasn't really interested in a bunch of people doing crappy covers and remixes of my favorite songs.

kaBAM! Exactly. I think I caught a few minutes on cable and that was enough. Is there a scene where someone won't come out of their dressing room, and a young woman is trying to coax them out by singing some Beatles song through the door? Or am I confusing this with some other godawful jukebox musical?

• Like 1

I'm worried for you.

• Like 2

Beatles fans - how have you not watched this already multiple times?

This movie came out as I coming back to Japan for a second time. So with moving and settling into things movies weren't a priority. When free time came my way again, I saw the reviews and as much as I'd like to support Julie Taymor, I found them a bit daunting to get past.

• Like 3

Here's a question, excluding any in this movie for those that have seen it already, what is your favourite cover of a Beatles song?

• Like 2

You guys are harshing my movie picking buzz.

I'm going to be over here listening to the soundtrack which I genuinely enjoy.

http://imgur.com/a/PKmcJ

Wait, they have Joe Cocker singing and it's not With A Little Help From My Friends?!?

• Like 3

I'm worried for you.

You see? I wasn't wrong. I also didn't like idea of shoehorning Beatles songs to fit some weak narrative.

I mean, I'm going in with an open mind, but it's already got a lot going against it.

• Like 2

Wait, they have Joe Cocker singing and it's not With A Little Help From My Friends?!?

Yep, and it's AWESOME. My favourite track in the film.

• Like 3

Here's a question, excluding any in this movie for those that have seen it already, what is your favourite cover of a Beatles song?

I actually really like Fiona Apples's version of Across the Universe.

• Like 4

I actually really like Fiona Apples's version of Across the Universe.

This is my pick as well. I think I listen to that more than the original.

• Like 5

He's wonderful in this. Wish there had been more!

• Like 3

You guys are harshing my movie picking buzz.

I'm going to be over here listening to the soundtrack which I genuinely enjoy.

http://imgur.com/a/PKmcJ

Sorry, my bad. I agree that the soundtrack is one of the highlights of this movie.

• Like 3

baff9711b2f4e52c92f4e9efbecb0072.jpg

Stop it with these riddles that have no answer!

• Like 3