🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 4 (Cakebug Tranch's Pick)

(I'd completely forgotten until just this minute about the repellent film adaptation of 'The Fantasticks' starring Joey MacIntyre from New Kids and the eldest daughter from Uncle Buck and Joel Grey slumming it. Oh had I remembered that existed before I picked Across the Universe)

• Like 2

OMG, I love Urinetown!

I've never seen Phantom of the Opera on stage, but I recently watched the movie and I hated it. HATE.

• Like 4

Directed by Across the Universe's own Julie Taymor.

Hence the reference! (Sorry, the thought came into my head and I assumed you all heard it)

• Like 1

OMG, I love Urinetown!

I've never seen Phantom of the Opera on stage, but I recently watched the movie and I hated it. HATE.

I have seen Phantom 3-4 times live and have always been really fond of it. I made the mistake a few years ago of assigning it as a text in an Adaptation Theory class that I was teaching, so we spent 4 weeks on nothing but 'Phantom' (I feel like I'm repeating myself from another thread). Anyway, going through that experience kind of put me off it, but I still love it from when I was a kid. So cheesy!

Don't judge it on that awful Schumaker film: the live at the Albert Hall version is much better.

Guys, I'm 20 minutes into 'The Lake House'

#isthisevenhappening

What-is-happening-GIF.gif

Totally just waiting for Keanu to put his junk in the mailbox

• Like 3

Guys, I'm 20 minutes into 'The Lake House'

#isthisevenhappening

It's a ROMANCE you troglodyte! Not that you'd know anything about that...

tumblr_mla3elMFEW1s9pzsmo1_500.gif

• Like 4

Okay, fine, I might have overstated my opposition to that dumb movie. But the Chaos Theorists are going to have a field day with this one. And when the Chaos Theorists come out of the woodwork, you know you're in for a long week.

• Like 4

The Lake House is legit my least favorite movie of all time. The scene where he's taking her through the city alone makes me want to burn the negatives so no one has to witness this bull shit ever again lol.

• Like 4

The Lake House is legit my least favorite movie of all time. The scene where he's taking her through the city alone makes me want to burn the negatives so no one has to witness this bull shit ever again lol.

Yes, his convenient graffiti message was an epic eye-roll moment.

Most importantly: why didn't he ask her to give him the results of the upcoming Super Bowls and World Series? He could have Biff Tannened the shit out of that magic mailbox.

• Like 4

And when the Chaos Theorists come out of the woodwork, you know you're in for a long week.

This was originally supposed to be a call-out to Neil Gaiman's 'The Wolves in the Walls' but I thought that was a long stretch, so I changed the end. But really, I stand by it. We use the phrase all the time at our house...

Because when the wolves come out of the walls... it's all over.

• Like 2

Don't judge it on that awful Schumaker film: the live at the Albert Hall version is much better.

Further proof for you case.

• Like 3