🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Episode 323 - A Post-Black Sabbath World

Actress, comedian, and founder of “Can’t Do Nothing” Milana Vayntrub joins Howard and ku-host Ele Woods this week to swap some first quarter Super Bowl stories. Milana tells what it was like to be in a Tony Robbins documentary while they count down Spotify’s Top 5 US Songs, and the gang reminisces on high school celebrity classmates during the Movie Chart. Finally, they discuss the Black Sabbath breakup and Nic Cage’s festival crashing during Two Charted.

This episode greatly helped my psyche as I sat in insane traffic for my Boston area commute. My normally 25 minute trip into work took nearly 2 hours, so while I was delighted to be able to listen to an entire episode of WhoCh on my way in, I wasn't pleased with the reason that was possible

Thanks Howard, Ele and Milana

• Like 1

Great ep! It was so weird to hear Howard being the one trying to keep the show moving. Would have been happy to let this one breathe a bit more, but I'm guessing someone (or the studio) had a scheduling issue.

Loved the Sheeran piss-taking the most.

Ele Woods is a very seamless replacement for Ku.

Had to search Milana Vayntrub after this, and binge watched her old 'Let's Talk About Something Interesting' series, which is literally the female version of Between Two Ferns, pure gold with the right guest.

Yeah, Milana is super funny. I'm sure she makes a lot of money from the AT&T commercials, but it kind of sucks that 99% of people will only ever know her as "the AT&T girl".

• Like 1

Here's the thing about that dog video -- it was not a "fake" video. It's a real video of a man forcing a dog to do something he doesn't want to do. It is claimed to have been "misleadingly edited", but there's nothing fake about that dog's distress at being forced into the water against his will. If that's what upset you in the first place about the video, it should still upset you, because that actually happened.

What's more upsetting is that that level of distress is deemed OK by the people who oversee animal handling on movies. Moral of the story, stop using animals in movies.

Also, though, I love that you had Milana on! She was hilarious on Other Space, and I'm excited that she is on This Is Us now, too. :-)

Amblin released a statement that said the dog didn't even go in the water that day.

This guy has a in-depth analysis that I think is fair:

Sign in to follow this