🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 55 - Back to the Future Trilogy with Tom Wilson

Actor and artist Tom Wilson joins Matt this week to discuss being present (but also past and future) in the Back to the Future Trilogy as Biff Tannen, among other members of the Tannen clan. Tom tells us about finding a creative way to approach being asked the same questions about the films, which includes creating a handy postcard to present to anyone on the street that asks him the same questions over and over. We also hear what it was like for him - as someone who was bullied - to play a bully himself, being paired off to rehearse his scenes with Crispin Glover, and what he believes to be the heart of all the movies. Plus, Tom talks about being on a debate team with David Brooks of the NY Times, the inspiration for his ‘Pop Fugue' paintings, and various roles he’s played over the years including one of his earliest on The Facts of Life.

Los Angeles: On February 28th there will be a LIVE I Was There Too at The Regent Theater with legendary screenwriter Steven de Souza (Die Hard, Commando) along with a screening of The Running Man (celebrating it’s 30th Anniversary). Get tickets at http://www.theregenttheater.com

Loved the question song!

As a massive Back to the Future fan I had hoped Tom would share a few stories from the set, but I completely understand why he didn't.

Great episode, very interesting. Tom seems like a very nice guy.

Sign in to follow this