🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 5 (Cam Bert's Pick)

Since Cam Bert's on the other side of the world, I thought I'd go ahead and create this now.

i-see-you-shiver-with-antici-animated-gif.gif?w=812

tumblr_mmcudb5sOc1rwsqvuo1_500.gif

• Like 9

Speaking of Wicked, I am veeerrryyyyy nervous about who they will cast in that movie. I swear if Lea Michele ends up playing Elphaba I will BE VERY UNHAPPY

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Speaking of Wicked, I am veeerrryyyyy nervous about who they will cast in that movie. I swear if Lea Michele ends up playing Elphaba I will BE VERY UNHAPPY

Why? Because of Glee?

• Like 1

Why? Because of Glee?

I was actually a fan of Glee for the first two seasons until Ryan Murphy just shat on the whole show. So I have no issues with her being on that show, but they already had her be Idina Menzel's daughter and she sang Defying Gravity and now it feels too on the nose. Plus the few interviews I've seen her do just make her out to be the kind of person who is very fond of herself. So I'd rather them just... not.

• Like 3

I also watched the first 2 seasons of Glee and then checked out, lol. I think it would be too obvious if they cast her as Elphaba. No matter who is cast, they're gonna be scrutinized and compared to Idina Menzel so hard, I don't envy that.

• Like 3

Sorry for the delay folks.

I thought long and hard about my pick, and I had many thoughts. A Japanese film was thought of, and whether to go good or bad was also heavily considered. Then it hit me, why not pick the first non-animated musical I remember seeing which happens to be the first stage musical I ever saw too.

Good ladies and gentlemen of the forums I present to you my mother's favourite musical, 1973's very own...

66495_front.jpg

While this film and the music can be enjoyed by religious and non-religious alike if there is anyone here that feels like they would be unable to watch or enjoy this film because of the subject matter please let me know and I'll gladly change to one of my back-up picks.

• Like 7

Also is it too late for me to jump onto the "I abandoned Glee yet I still watch Ryan Murphy shows and always end up disappointed" bandwagon?

• Like 4

I thought long and hard about my pick, and I had many thoughts. A Japanese film was thought of, and whether to go good or bad was also heavily considered. Then it hit me, why not pick the first non-animated musical I remember seeing which happens to be the first stage musical I ever saw too.

Good ladies and gentlemen of the forums I present to you my mother's favourite musical, 1973's very own...

66495_front.jpg

While this film and the music can be enjoyed by religious and non-religious alike if there is anyone here that feels like they would be unable to watch or enjoy this film because of the subject matter please let me know and I'll gladly change to one of my back-up picks.

giphy.gif

I'm buying the movie and the motherfucking soundtrack!

• Like 4

giphy.gif

I'm buying the movie and the motherfucking soundtrack!

vYm1A.gif?noredirect

Good choice because Carl Anderson and Ted Neeley have phenomenal voices. Maybe CakeBug can back me up on this but I've never seen anyone top Carl Anderson as Judas.

• Like 5

66495_front.jpg

tumblr_lo4g2oJIqa1qe5zmi.gif

I picked this gif before I saw Cameron H's gif but I stand by it. AWESOME PICK. I'm very sorry for inadvertently guessing it on letterboxd Cam - I thought maybe when you said I was close that you were going with 'Godspell' but this is way better.

Excited!

• Like 5

vYm1A.gif?noredirect

Good choice because Carl Anderson and Ted Neeley have phenomenal voices. Maybe CakeBug can back me up on this but I've never seen anyone top Carl Anderson as Judas.

Vocally, absolutely. I have at least five cast recordings of JCS and the movie version is the best.

• Like 3

I picked this gif before I saw Cameron H's gif but I stand by it. AWESOME PICK. I'm very sorry for inadvertently guessing it on letterboxd Cam - I thought maybe when you said I was close that you were going with 'Godspell' but this is way better.

Excited!

No worries. I was a little shocked out of the list of ones you mentioned that was the first one you went to and it was right. I'm just glad we can be on the same side this week.

giphy.gif

• Like 5

I don't carry a lot of regrets in this life. One of my regrets, though, is a few years ago, Ted Neely (Jesus from the movie) was on his farewell tour playing the lead in JCS here in Toronto and I didn't go.

https://proxy.bigfooty.com/forum/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FOnzmXp2.png&hash=9a9f7911982a3d80116e2b506402f757

I was also in New York for a conference in the first week of 'Hamilton' at the Public Theatre and heard people talking about this 'wacky idea' that 'would be a total mess'. And I didn't check it out. Not that I would have got a ticket really but it is a lingering regret that I was so close...

• Like 5

I picked this gif before I saw Cameron H's gif...

Sure-Jan-Brady-Bunch-Tumblr-meme.gif

• Like 7

No worries. I was a little shocked out of the list of ones you mentioned that was the first one you went to and it was right.

Well, it wasn't brain surgery: after all,

S5-E8-Jon-arrives-at-Hardhome.gif

Easter is coming.

• Like 5

I don't carry a lot of regrets in this life. One of my regrets, though, is a few years ago, Ted Neely (Jesus from the movie) was on his farewell tour playing the lead in JCS here in Toronto and I didn't go.

https://proxy.bigfooty.com/forum/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FOnzmXp2.png&hash=9a9f7911982a3d80116e2b506402f757

I was also in New York for a conference in the first week of 'Hamilton' at the Public Theatre and heard people talking about this 'wacky idea' that 'would be a total mess'. And I didn't check it out. Not that I would have got a ticket really but it is a lingering regret that I was so close...

While seeing a sixty year old Jesus would be odd, if he could still hit those notes it would have been totally worth it.

• Like 4

AH! Good choice!!! I've only ever gotten to see this once and it was actually when my uncle played guitar in the orchestra when the University of North Texas put this on. It was still amazing and I can't wait to watch this!

(Also I digress but there's gotta be a Book of Mormon movie deal in the works, right???)

• Like 5