🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 5 (Cam Bert's Pick)

john_waters.jpg

Ha ha! If only! No, this is the Australian John Waters, who incidentally played the bad doctor who tried to kill Josh Lucas in 'Stealth'.

Here he is with Johnny and Kate. Since it's an Australian publication I wouldn't be surprised if the whole headline is "Jesus Christ, That Was Pretty Good, Ay?"

JCS_large_pic_leftside_200w.JPG

• Like 3

A little teaser for Monday. I'm following along the music for JCS and saw this.

bkotLBK.png?1

• Like 6

Bradd-Pitt-Drink-Aproves.gif

Welcome and great to have you finally join us. I'm also happy that you and most everybody else is seemingly loving it.

I have a feeling I'm going to be the one person that doesn't love it.

• Like 7

I have a feeling I'm going to be the one person that doesn't love it.

Oh don't worry, I have some critiques.

• Like 5

I'm not saying this movie is perfect but he without sin cast the first stone!

No, I welcome all opinions. Please everybody don't be afraid to shit on this film.

• Like 7

I'm not saying this movie is perfect but he without sin cast the first stone!

No, I welcome all opinions. Please everybody don't be afraid to shit on this film.

Funny you say that because I swear there's a faceless upside-down poop emoji in the show's logo.

jcss.jpg

• Like 7

Funny you say that because I swear there's a faceless upside-down poop emoji in the show's logo.

jcss.jpg

Save the good stuff for Monday, Tom!

• Like 6

I'm almost afraid to ask since you haven't volunteered your opinion, but what did you think of In the Heights, CakeBug?

tumblr_n62yugT8Vy1rp8gz7o1_400.gif

• Like 1

Great. I can't unsee it now.

• Like 4

I'm almost afraid to ask since you haven't volunteered your opinion, but what did you think of In the Heights, CakeBug?

tumblr_n62yugT8Vy1rp8gz7o1_400.gif

giphy.gif

No, just kidding. What I've heard, I really like. My work schedule lately has meant I've needed to concentrate on what I'm doing so I haven't had lyric-heavy material in the rotation. I think it's pretty good so far.

• Like 1

giphy.gif

No, just kidding. What I've heard, I really like. My work schedule lately has meant I've needed to concentrate on what I'm doing so I haven't had lyric-heavy material in the rotation. I think it's pretty good so far.

Honestly, even if you're reaction was that gif, I wouldn't be shocked. Hamilton is a really high bar. When I first heard it I thought it was just okay, but I probably listen to it more than Hamilton now. Again, not better, just scratches a different itch.

• Like 1

I'll come back to it, for sure. I feel like I have a much better mental image of 'Hamilton' over 'In the Heights' so a bit of googling to acquaint myself with it might help. I think I just need a long drive for an uninterrupted listen. Hey, maybe on the way to near the Finger Lakes tomorrow!

• Like 3

I think I just need a long drive for an uninterrupted listen. Hey, maybe on the way to near the Finger Lakes tomorrow!

good-luck.gif

• Like 4

I'll come back to it, for sure. I feel like I have a much better mental image of 'Hamilton' over 'In the Heights' so a bit of googling to acquaint myself with it might help. I think I just need a long drive for an uninterrupted listen. Hey, maybe on the way to near the Finger Lakes tomorrow!

Lol, good luck on Monday! Are you going to miss the Oscars though?

• Like 1

I think so. :(

Good luck!

Also, just assume La La Land won everything. Chances are you'll be 80% right.

• Like 3

Good luck!

I hope the La La Land backlash didn't ruin its chances.

• Like 2

I hope the La La Land backlash didn't ruin its chances.

I never really heard a single film to stand up and fill it's place as front runner among the backlash though. If any film is going to beat it I think it will be Moonlight, but despite that I haven't really heard that much of a push for it.

• Like 2

Good luck!

It fuckin' better win!

200_s.gif

• Like 2

I'm fucking sick of people trying to make me feel guilty for loving La La Land. Fuck you, I loved it. LET ME LIKE A THING I LIKE YOU JERKS! And Gosling's character being a self-appointed gatekeeper for "legitimate" jazz while being a white guy? Well, NEW FLASH, those jerkoffs exist! Everywhere! The whole point is that he's some immature, idealist dumb-dumb who needs real life experiences to actually connect with the music and art. It's magic. Let me fall in love with Emma Stone without a backlash, plz.

• Like 5

I'm fucking sick of people trying to make me feel guilty for loving La La Land. Fuck you, I loved it. LET ME LIKE A THING I LIKE YOU JERKS! And Gosling's character being a self-appointed gatekeeper for "legitimate" jazz while being a white guy? Well, NEW FLASH, those jerkoffs exist! Everywhere! The whole point is that he's some immature, idealist dumb-dumb who needs real life experiences to actually connect with the music and art. It's magic. Let me fall in love with Emma Stone without a backlash, plz.

I think people largely misunderstand Sebastian's role in the film. I don't want to get too much into it because I know it's going to picked once it's available to stream. But I'll just say this: Gosling isn't the hero of the film.

But, then again, I also think Moonlight is a flimsy mess of an anything-but-cohesive narrative that doesn't really deserve most of its praise (except for Mahershala Ali and Janelle Monae, who are both exceptional in it).

So maybe I'm just a terrible person full of shitty hot takes.

• Like 4