🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 9.2 — Time Crunch: Day 2

I hope this hasn't been brought up and addressed already - I didn't see in in the comments thus far, but I honestly just scanned through...Anyway it seems to me like one of the guys from LHR was doing a fairly decent Zach Galifinakis impression, which I took to be their way of acknowledging the situation. Was that just a coincidence/my imagination/giving them to much credit? I guess we'll see how they defend themselves.

I hope this hasn't been brought up and addressed already - I didn't see in in the comments thus far, but I honestly just scanned through...Anyway it seems to me like one of the guys from LHR was doing a fairly decent Zach Galifinakis impression, which I took to be their way of acknowledging the situation. Was that just a coincidence/my imagination/giving them to much credit? I guess we'll see how they defend themselves.

This thread is funnier than the shows were this wk............ LOL

Btw, if LDDC win this whole thing I'm gunna give up my Aussie citizenship......... hah

This thread is funnier than the shows were this wk............ LOL

Btw, if LDDC win this whole thing I'm gunna give up my Aussie citizenship......... hah

@Matt Besser
Yo Matt- Dirk here. The guy with the ET/MJ picture.
"Based on this week's challenge the judges were to vote out the podcast that created the least funny submission in the opinion of the judges."
I HEARD you laugh at both LHR, and LDDC. I didn't hear ANY laughter at TL. Remember man... you guys are on mic during the submissions...
Are you trying to throw the judges under the bus here? lol.
oh man. what a fiasco. I wish these were closer to live... how old are these recordings anyway? a week? two weeks?
@Mark Thompson - thankyou. You took the time to crystallize what I was too lazy to say... I think I burned all my outrage up a few weeks ago... It's getting hard to care. Props. You're right on the money with your analysis.
@foamcorner - I agree. I thought the borat thing was really pretty funny. I've never seen borat but I know that it was in the zeitgeist for a while and I've seen interviews with the guy and 'get it'. I don't think they were going for meta or post modern or any of that shit (they know better than that at this stage) ... it just seemed like a pretty fucking funny sketch.
@Jason Green "Anyway it seems to me like one of the guys from LHR was doing a fairly decent Zach Galifinakis impression"
Can anyone confirm or deny this? I personally hate this galifinakis character and will never watch a movie with him or listen to a podcast with him... he just rubs me the wrong way or something... If LHR really were working on that level they should get a few points for that.
I will agree with Matt tho when he said (I think it was him that mentioned) that LHR could have done a Zach robot. does he have any catchphrase or anything? I dunno... it prolly wouldn't have worked with zach now that I think about it...
I hope LHR REALLY fucking cusses the judges out tomarrow... that will make it worth the listen.
Don't forget people to rate and review podcasts that you like and don't like on itunes. not enough people do... hence all the millions of 5-star ratings... only fans review. let's change that.

@Matt Besser
Yo Matt- Dirk here. The guy with the ET/MJ picture.
"Based on this week's challenge the judges were to vote out the podcast that created the least funny submission in the opinion of the judges."
I HEARD you laugh at both LHR, and LDDC. I didn't hear ANY laughter at TL. Remember man... you guys are on mic during the submissions...
Are you trying to throw the judges under the bus here? lol.
oh man. what a fiasco. I wish these were closer to live... how old are these recordings anyway? a week? two weeks?
@Mark Thompson - thankyou. You took the time to crystallize what I was too lazy to say... I think I burned all my outrage up a few weeks ago... It's getting hard to care. Props. You're right on the money with your analysis.
@foamcorner - I agree. I thought the borat thing was really pretty funny. I've never seen borat but I know that it was in the zeitgeist for a while and I've seen interviews with the guy and 'get it'. I don't think they were going for meta or post modern or any of that shit (they know better than that at this stage) ... it just seemed like a pretty fucking funny sketch.
@Jason Green "Anyway it seems to me like one of the guys from LHR was doing a fairly decent Zach Galifinakis impression"
Can anyone confirm or deny this? I personally hate this galifinakis character and will never watch a movie with him or listen to a podcast with him... he just rubs me the wrong way or something... If LHR really were working on that level they should get a few points for that.
I will agree with Matt tho when he said (I think it was him that mentioned) that LHR could have done a Zach robot. does he have any catchphrase or anything? I dunno... it prolly wouldn't have worked with zach now that I think about it...
I hope LHR REALLY fucking cusses the judges out tomarrow... that will make it worth the listen.
Don't forget people to rate and review podcasts that you like and don't like on itunes. not enough people do... hence all the millions of 5-star ratings... only fans review. let's change that.

LHR will keep it classy. Leaving butthurt one-star reviews is a beta move.

LHR will keep it classy. Leaving butthurt one-star reviews is a beta move.

Look, I could understand if Frank had told all three contestants "You have 30 minutes, plus, you must incorporate Zach into the mix". If that was it, then yes, even I as a huge LHR fan, would accept that LHR should be eliminated. But if you think a rant that we've heard 90 Billion times by two guys and a conversation between a couple about first time sex and penis sizes is more original than a well written sketch, GTFO of the room!

TL should be getting the boot, but Earwolf is built on the chatfest, and the judges were pro-chat fest. This week, would have been a good week to just do an original 10 min show each about what they can offer to the show. Instead, I get told that LHR wasn't original enough and they are the MOST ORIGINAL podcast of the competition. You guys really dropped the ball this week.

Left Handed Radio is going to be more sucessful than LDDC or TL. I say, if Earwolf doesn't pick them up, Maximum Fun or Adam Corolla should pick them up and run with it.

Look, I could understand if Frank had told all three contestants "You have 30 minutes, plus, you must incorporate Zach into the mix". If that was it, then yes, even I as a huge LHR fan, would accept that LHR should be eliminated. But if you think a rant that we've heard 90 Billion times by two guys and a conversation between a couple about first time sex and penis sizes is more original than a well written sketch, GTFO of the room!

TL should be getting the boot, but Earwolf is built on the chatfest, and the judges were pro-chat fest. This week, would have been a good week to just do an original 10 min show each about what they can offer to the show. Instead, I get told that LHR wasn't original enough and they are the MOST ORIGINAL podcast of the competition. You guys really dropped the ball this week.

Left Handed Radio is going to be more sucessful than LDDC or TL. I say, if Earwolf doesn't pick them up, Maximum Fun or Adam Corolla should pick them up and run with it.

"Don't forget people to rate and review podcasts that you like and don't like on itunes. not enough people do... hence all the millions of 5-star ratings... only fans review. let's change that."
I am not onboard with that AT ALL.
Who wants to waste time spewing out shitty reviews for podcasts you don't plan on listening to?!
I have rarely (IF EVER) read a negative review and thought, "Oh man. I'm so glad I read that. Consider me informed AND warned!"
Gross.
Some acquaintances of mine do a podcast I personally can't stand. It has two reviews, both of which are 5 stars from friends of theirs. You're telling me I should go on there and write a negative review? Fuck that. That sounds like the dumbest thing ever.
Truly, the popular podcasts on iTunes aren't ones with 5 stars, they're ones with SHIT-TONS of word-of-mouth, listeners and downloads. Various ratings from all sorts of people, most of which are fans, comes with the territory. But to go out of your way to leave a 1 Star review should be reserved for people who are truly up to some evil shit. Not a couple dudes on Skype trying to have fun for an hour.

"Don't forget people to rate and review podcasts that you like and don't like on itunes. not enough people do... hence all the millions of 5-star ratings... only fans review. let's change that."
I am not onboard with that AT ALL.
Who wants to waste time spewing out shitty reviews for podcasts you don't plan on listening to?!
I have rarely (IF EVER) read a negative review and thought, "Oh man. I'm so glad I read that. Consider me informed AND warned!"
Gross.
Some acquaintances of mine do a podcast I personally can't stand. It has two reviews, both of which are 5 stars from friends of theirs. You're telling me I should go on there and write a negative review? Fuck that. That sounds like the dumbest thing ever.
Truly, the popular podcasts on iTunes aren't ones with 5 stars, they're ones with SHIT-TONS of word-of-mouth, listeners and downloads. Various ratings from all sorts of people, most of which are fans, comes with the territory. But to go out of your way to leave a 1 Star review should be reserved for people who are truly up to some evil shit. Not a couple dudes on Skype trying to have fun for an hour.

@ D C - butthurt- that's right. I clearly said it's hard to care about any of this at this point. Listen to 'walking the room' it's shit. It deserves less than 5-star reviews. Beta move for a beta podcast.
@russel - interesting idea about pitching LHR to another network- pull a letterman ehh? Carolla HAS been branching out a lot lately- this might be something Ace Broadcasting would seriously consider... Hell... They're pulling an MST3k with 'basic cable commentary'... LHR might not be so far out of their 'wheelhouse'... Very interesting thought.
Podcast networks are getting corporate fast

@ D C - butthurt- that's right. I clearly said it's hard to care about any of this at this point. Listen to 'walking the room' it's shit. It deserves less than 5-star reviews. Beta move for a beta podcast.
@russel - interesting idea about pitching LHR to another network- pull a letterman ehh? Carolla HAS been branching out a lot lately- this might be something Ace Broadcasting would seriously consider... Hell... They're pulling an MST3k with 'basic cable commentary'... LHR might not be so far out of their 'wheelhouse'... Very interesting thought.
Podcast networks are getting corporate fast

It might be kind of neat to let people vote on these next season, a la American Idol or Last Comic Standing. And if you disagree with our votes, you can do the same thing as those two shows and just place the results in the direction where you think they should have went! Would we have been ever the wiser? No, truly we are societal flotsam!

It might be kind of neat to let people vote on these next season, a la American Idol or Last Comic Standing. And if you disagree with our votes, you can do the same thing as those two shows and just place the results in the direction where you think they should have went! Would we have been ever the wiser? No, truly we are societal flotsam!

I suppose Earwolf Challenge should be congratulated.

This week's challenge has upset a lot of people. Probably the majority of people on this thread. Which means you succeeded in making us care enough to get on here and voice our opinion -- a few of us for the first time.

The reason for the outcry is we feel betrayed. We've followed these contestants from the start. Seen them overcome the challenges week to week until now we're at the final 3. People actually care about who wins this competition. Let's be honest, it's not going to change anyone's life. But you still managed to make us care.

But you took all that goodwill you built over the weeks and seemingly threw it away, with this ill-conceived, poorly executed stunt. The question has come up over and over. Why? If it was a test of professionalism, why was the judging criteria who was "funniest" as ruled by the judges? If that was the point, why not just give a straight challenge -- you have 30 mins to produce something, GO! Why the elaborate prank? And why let them in on the fact it was a prank beforehand? Surely it would have been better for them to think it was actually a schedule conflict so they could react to it like real situation? Instead we just see how the different teams handle being fucked with.

We don't download the Earwolf Challenge to hear a bad version of Punk'd without hearing the reveal. We as listeners feel like we've been pranked too.

The only way to save this one is to have the Skar Bros come down from the ceiling and scream -- YOU ... GOT ... BENCHED! Unfortunately, my hopes for tomorrow are pretty much at an all time low.

I suppose Earwolf Challenge should be congratulated.

This week's challenge has upset a lot of people. Probably the majority of people on this thread. Which means you succeeded in making us care enough to get on here and voice our opinion -- a few of us for the first time.

The reason for the outcry is we feel betrayed. We've followed these contestants from the start. Seen them overcome the challenges week to week until now we're at the final 3. People actually care about who wins this competition. Let's be honest, it's not going to change anyone's life. But you still managed to make us care.

But you took all that goodwill you built over the weeks and seemingly threw it away, with this ill-conceived, poorly executed stunt. The question has come up over and over. Why? If it was a test of professionalism, why was the judging criteria who was "funniest" as ruled by the judges? If that was the point, why not just give a straight challenge -- you have 30 mins to produce something, GO! Why the elaborate prank? And why let them in on the fact it was a prank beforehand? Surely it would have been better for them to think it was actually a schedule conflict so they could react to it like real situation? Instead we just see how the different teams handle being fucked with.

We don't download the Earwolf Challenge to hear a bad version of Punk'd without hearing the reveal. We as listeners feel like we've been pranked too.

The only way to save this one is to have the Skar Bros come down from the ceiling and scream -- YOU ... GOT ... BENCHED! Unfortunately, my hopes for tomorrow are pretty much at an all time low.

i can't even begin to read all of the comments, i'm sleepy... but i'll be working on a joke about auditioning for rolls all day tomorrow... bread, yum

i can't even begin to read all of the comments, i'm sleepy... but i'll be working on a joke about auditioning for rolls all day tomorrow... bread, yum

My cousin just posted on facebook that he saw Bobby Slayton tonight. Thus, I was able to ask him about any pizza deliveries. Thank you Nick Thune & the Earwolf Challenge for helping me up my value-added to social media! Uselessness is next to godliness.

p.s. - making inane facebook comments that no one I'm connected to will recognize is right in my wheelhouse. HENDERSON!

My cousin just posted on facebook that he saw Bobby Slayton tonight. Thus, I was able to ask him about any pizza deliveries. Thank you Nick Thune & the Earwolf Challenge for helping me up my value-added to social media! Uselessness is next to godliness.

p.s. - making inane facebook comments that no one I'm connected to will recognize is right in my wheelhouse. HENDERSON!

Sign in to follow this