🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 156.5 - Minisode 156.5

I was looking to see if Surf Ninjas was on Netflix.

When I got to "Surf N", the first thing that was suggested was "Surf Nazis Must Die" (although, that isn't on Netflix either. Netflix UK is aenemic when it comes to selection.) But now I kinda want to watch it. Any movie with the titled "Surf Nazis Must Die" is a must watch.

Netflix UK is weird, they list "Surf Nazis Must Die", when it's not even on there, and they keep hounding me to watch Trevor Noah's new special, despite rating another one of his specials as one star.

• Like 5

Listened to the minisode at work this morning to help drown out the.... wonderful country music on the overhead.

I am a bit amazed at all the crossover theories, and while, yeah, it's a bit excessive at this point, I'd love to see someone combine ALL of them together. But anyway...

I'm pretty excited for Surf Ninjas. I'm pretty damn sure I watched the movie more than once when it came out on VHS, but I don't remember a single thing about it. I certainly didn't know who Leslie Nielsen was when I saw it. Definitely looking forward to revisiting this piece of garbage. My biggest question currently being... do they address that ninjas are a Japanese thing in this Chinese?? Vietnamese?? island tale? What. Don't spoil it for me!

• Like 4

All ninja movies have been spoiled for me because I knew that it was pointless even watching any more, because none of them can top this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EvPvfVOUV8

You have a ninja who is an Italian guy dressed in white, literally the worst colour a ninja can wear other than a hi-vis jacket, throwing a star that emits a noise when thrown, and he STILL manages to go undetected. Nobody can match those skills.

And that death, heart-wrenching.

• Like 3

i've never seen surf ninjas .. is it a fun bad movie or just a bad movie?

I watched it religiously as a child, and as far as I remember it is a very fun bad movie. I'm really excited to watch it again.

You have a ninja who is an Italian guy dressed in white, literally the worst colour a ninja can wear other than a hi-vis jacket, throwing a star that emits a noise when thrown, and he STILL manages to go undetected. Nobody can match those skills.

And that death, heart-wrenching.

I love how right before he dies the guy just does this little shrug like "eh, I guess".

• Like 4

i think i would have enjoyed it alot more if i had watched it at 1.1x speed. everything is so slow and labored .. and how old is rob schneider supposed to be??? he was 30 when this came out.

I was just about to look this up. I'm pretty sure hes playing high school age in this movie which is fucking crazy

Doesn't he get a ride with the other two kids when they go to school in the beginning?

I know they already recorded the episode, but I feel sorry for them and everyone suffering Surf Ninjas.

Still question why BitchSesh cant record their audio under the same specs being used for a common mini-ep?

OT: IMDB removed their message boards earlier this week.

• Like 1

Still question why BitchSesh cant record their audio under the same specs being used for a common mini-ep?

I thought this week's mini-ep sounded like it was recorded in Bitch Sesh's recording studio bath tub.

• Like 1

I was just about to look this up. I'm pretty sure hes playing high school age in this movie which is fucking crazy

Doesn't he get a ride with the other two kids when they go to school in the beginning?

he says something about finally graduating from the 11th grade but how old is an 11th grader? i mean kelly hu was 25 when it was made and Ernie Reyes Jr was 21 but at least they kinda looked like they were in their teens in tit (for a while anyway and then not so much) but Rob was in 90210 territory for actors being too old to play high school kids.

• Like 1

razzies last night and Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party was the big winner. has anyone seen it. i remember seeing a trailer for it and i thought it was a joke but then i heard it was serious and it made it look even more ridiculous. is it worth a watch just for the awfulness.

• Like 1

razzies last night and Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party was the big winner. has anyone seen it. i remember seeing a trailer for it and i thought it was a joke but then i heard it was serious and it made it look even more ridiculous. is it worth a watch just for the awfulness.

Razzies are dumb. Giving a right wing polemic a Razzie is like seeing fish in a barrel and yelling "Hey guys! There's FISH IN THIS BARREL! What should we do with them?" Dinesh D'Souza has crowdsourced three or four of these now -- my opinion is to give those people less attention, not more.

I watched about 20 minutes of 3 Ninjas accidentally last night instead of Surf Ninjas and I can say without a doubt it was the better movie.

*RIP Bill Pullman

Razzies are dumb. Giving a right wing polemic a Razzie is like seeing fish in a barrel and yelling "Hey guys! There's FISH IN THIS BARREL! What should we do with them?" Dinesh D'Souza has crowdsourced three or four of these now -- my opinion is to give those people less attention, not more.

hahaha that's how i feel about the oscars and la la land ... although in saying that ... could there be a shock tonight?

probably not

Whelp! I guess I'm out again this week. I tried to watch the YouTube version and the quality was so terrible it was giving me a headache. And from what I did see of it, I don't think I'll be springing for a hard copy.

Man! Two movies in a row! That's such a bummer!

• Like 2

Whelp! I guess I'm out again this week. I tried to watch the YouTube version and the quality was so terrible it was giving me a headache. And from what I did see of it, I don't think I'll be springing for a hard copy.

Man! Two movies in a row! That's such a bummer!

try this one

in an earlier post i said the film would be better if it was played at 1.1x speed cause it was so slowly paced ... i guess you're about to find out if i was right cause whoever posted this increased the speed to try and get around the copyright checks. i am not watching it again to find out if it's any better at this speed

• Like 4

try this one

in an earlier post i said the film would be better if it was played at 1.1x speed cause it was so slowly paced ... i guess you're about to find out if i was right cause whoever posted this increased the speed to try and get around the copyright checks. i am not watching it again to find out if it's any better at this speed

Thanks man! I'll check it out later.

• Like 3

Oh my God!!!! I remember this commercial!! Oh the memories. It also reminds me of the intro to You Can't Do That On Television which was just a bad Terry Gilliam rip off anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1aVBtOSg6Q

If by "bad", you mean "Amazing because everything about YCDTOT is Amazing, but yeah, it was definitely inspired by Gilliam's work"...then yes.

But yeah, that Surf Ninjas trailer can jump up it's own ass. It's like watching Ninja Turtle Michaelangelo's id being unspooled.

• Like 2

vSlDM0A.png

AHHHHH!!! (PART DEUX)

LMM looks so weird clean-shaven. Please grow the goatee back, buddy.

LMM looks so weird clean-shaven. Please grow the goatee back, buddy.

He looks vaguely like the (nearly) clean-shaven Jason.

b6a811d80476d717c252d3082889a370.jpg

• Like 5

We've been getting hammered by waves of spambots since early this morning and, because each one posts from a number of different IP addresses, the filters can't catch everything. Part of me wants to turn off new user registrations altogether, but there have been a lot of nice new people joining lately, so…

• Like 6