🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 156.5 - Minisode 156.5

More Xander Cage, a call from Morgan Freeman, plus ninjas! All of this and more is covered on this week’s mini-sode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for xXx: Return of Xander Care and we hear Blake J. Harris interview Vin Diesel’s body double (go to www.slashfilm.com to read the whole thing) and the Movie Bitches review Underworld: Blood Wars. Plus, we find out which ninja film we’ll be covering on next week’s episode!

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

Paul’s new comedy Drive Share is available on Go90. You can see June and Paul on NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU. June stars in Grace and Frankie on Netflix, as well as Lady Dynamite alongside with Jason.

Jason can be seen in The Lego Batman Movie, How to Be Single, Sleeping with Other People, and is still indeed in The Dictator.

• Like 1

Is the episode appearing in iTunes but not downloading for anyone else I've tried on two devices?

• Like 2

Is the episode appearing in iTunes but not downloading for anyone else I've tried on two devices?

I'm having the same issue too.

I'm having the same issue too.

I ended up listening to it here, the SoundCloud link is currently ad free so theres that.

• Like 1

Same problem for me. Even the SoundCloud stopped playing around 10 min into it.

surf ninjas - mini - the lake house ... on 17th March .. St. Patricks Day ... if this works out there will be an irish connection .. yeahhh

at least guest wise

i've never seen surf ninjas .. is it a fun bad movie or just a bad movie?

• Like 1

That Surf Ninjas trailer is something.

Kind of like this:

Oh my God!!!! I remember this commercial!! Oh the memories. It also reminds me of the intro to You Can't Do That On Television which was just a bad Terry Gilliam rip off anyway.

• Like 5

Yeah, that trailer was the most 90s thing ever.

Also, on an unrelated note, I kind of wish the "Hey this movie kind of like this other movie so they share a universe and wouldn't it be HILARIOUS if I pitched this as a crossover" bit and the "Here's how this is Jacob's Ladder" bit would die. They were both amusing, but at this point, they have both been run so far into the ground, and I'm just like, "Let's stop reading either of those as C&Os."

• Like 3

Also, on an unrelated note, I kind of wish the "Hey this movie kind of like this other movie so they share a universe and wouldn't it be HILARIOUS if I pitched this as a crossover" bit and the "Here's how this is Jacob's Ladder" bit would die. They were both amusing, but at this point, they have both been run so far into the ground, and I'm just like, "Let's stop reading either of those as C&Os."

Who's being a Grumpy Gus?

giphy.gif

But seriously, I don't disagree...

• Like 7

i've been meaning to post this for a while and it has nothing to do with xXx3 or surf ninjas but i use this site all the time. it tells you what's new to netflix and, more importantly in my view, it has a section for what's leaving netflix within the next month or so. i'm sure there are other sites with the same info but i find it useful to find less well known bad movies or those i didn't even know where on netflix. it just gives you a heads up if you want to watch them or grab them or whatever in case you haven't seen a HDTGM movie or think something might get covered in the future.

for example, looking at the US site, JAWS: The Revenge is leaving on March 1st ..

anyway, here's the US site https://usa.newonnetflix.info/lastchance

there's also UK, Canada, Aus/NZ sites for those outside the US

• Like 5

Guys. Guys. Guys.

Blake J. Harris JUST SAID on the minisode (at 14.11) that xXx: The Return of Xander Cage was written by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Fine, fine, a slip of the tongue (the actual writer was F. Scott Frazier), but am I the only one who is now wondering what this movie would have looked like if it was actually written a century ago in the style of The Great Gatsby?

• Like 7

Guys. Guys. Guys.

Blake J. Harris JUST SAID on the minisode (at 14.11) that xXx: The Return of Xander Cage was written by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Fine, fine, a slip of the tongue (the actual writer was F. Scott Frazier), but am I the only one who is now wondering what this movie would have looked like if it was actually written a century ago in the style of The Great Gatsby?

I thought he was making a joke about how badly this script was written until he kept going about how excited he was to talk to the writer...

• Like 4

Guys. Guys. Guys.

I just thought that was a sly quip by Blake Harris. A freudian slip makes more sense.
  • Like 1

Jacob's Ladder will never not be funny to me but I agree that we could do without the cross-over talk.

• Like 6

Hey, tomspanks! Shared glory on this week's no-prize!

high10.gif

To be completely honest, you should have won by yourself, hands down. Your C+O was savage.

Also, #1 highlight of my podcast listening year, being referred to by Scheer as 'Our old friend'. #goingonmyresume

• Like 7

Hey, tomspanks! Shared glory on this week's no-prize!

Plus 20 other people! Seriously though, it always surprises me when my dumb comments get read.

• Like 5

I'm profoundly disappointed that no one pointed out that they essentially had Michaelangelo from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles do the trailer.

And Blake Harris wasn't wrong. F. Scott Fitzgerald has to assume a new identity every 100 years lest someone discover he's an immortal. He just isn't very clever about his aliases.

• Like 6

Plus 20 other people! Seriously though, it always surprises me when my dumb comments get read.

Yours was the least dumb comment read the whole episode! It had science and a diagram!

• Like 3

Oh man, that trailer... this was one of those movies I had on VHS and would watch over and over as a Stupid Little Kid. I'm sure when my parents saw that Everything Terrible About 90s Pop Culture Coming Attraction, they knew I would be fiending to see this piece of shit, then own it because I drooled over all things ninja as a child. I mean, ninjas are fucking cool, don't get me wrong, but this is straight-up "Ninja Turtles But Stupider" bullshit.

I am sorry, Mom and Dad. So, so sorry. Thank you for making me watch Star Trek and Twilight Zone when you did (i.e. about as soon as I could walk). It laid the groundwork for better taste in the future.

• Like 4