🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 101 - Burmese Therapist Office: Live from SF SketchFest (w/ Busy Philipps, Eugene Cordero, Tawny Newsome, Little Janet Varney)

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes ladies and gentlemen of San Francisco and the world to a LIVE episode of Spontaneanation, recorded at San Francisco SketchFest 2017! This week, Paul’s special return and first 3-time guest is Busy Philipps of HBO’s Vice Principals! They chat about whether or not Busy considers herself a “bad girl,” the unusual way Busy found her therapist,, and teaching children about the weirdness that they may come across on the internet. Paul is then joined by Eugene Cordero, Tawny Newsome, and Little Janet Varney to improvise a story set in a Burmese Therapist Office. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

Photos by Greg Garth.

• Like 1

Sketchfest co-founder Little Janet Varney closing the show out with one of the biggest laugh/applause lines ever was a genuinely heart-warming moment.

Sketchfest co-founder Little Janet Varney closing the show out with one of the biggest laugh/applause lines ever was a genuinely heart-warming moment.

(Psssssst... that was Tawny Newsome)

• Like 7

Loved it. Especially fun improv at the firestation. I felt as though there was quite a bit of visual stuff this time but i loved it nonetheless.

I can't remember, when Phil Lamarr was a guest did he take part in the improv? And if so, did he press the yellow button and go back to the past? I need to relisten to that ep. With Samurai Jack coming back these are things that i need to know.

• Like 1

(Psssssst... that was Tawny Newsome)

Damn it! That's what I get for not paying close enough attention. Even without the bonus narrative, a great moment.

• Like 1

Even without the bonus narrative, a great moment.

Yes! I kept expecting someone to go with "Stair Witch Project", so that ending was a complete surprise.

I applaud Constance Wu's question asking prowess.

I was at this show and I have to say it might have been even better than last year's Sketchfest epic "Storm Drain" with Jon Hamm.

It's too bad it doesn't come through super well without the visuals, but: the sound guy Shea/Shay scaring Paul *twice* during the monologue with a surprise microphone had me falling out of my chair.

Also, Tawny for MVP. "Stair Witch to Heaven" was inspired.

• Like 1

So much to love on this one - I loved Eugene's "hanging around guy", the baton-passing therapy sessions, the firemen's names, Tawny doing a "Chicago Guy" as she does, and the whole "Wake up and be there" thing - it was ridiculous and hilarious.

Would have been a great show to watch!

• Like 1

"Probably something racist because I'm just a dude from Nebraska."

As a black chick from Nebraska? I feel this on EVERY level. <3 Tawny

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this