🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays-Week 6-Jesus Christ Superstar

Soooo, I finally started listening to Hamilton because of a combination of my RL friends and Cameron convincing me that it works well enough on its own. Anyway, I was kind of like, "This is interesting, but I'm not sure I really love it" until I got to "What Comes Next," which is absurdly hilarious. And it immediately reminded me of this post from back at the beginning of this thread:

+1 Jesus was a whiny brat. He says "you'll be sorry when I'm gone" and I couldn't hep but LOL because it's what a kid says when he threatens to run away from home. And this:

So, yeah, Jesus is a crybaby fop villain just like King George.

• Like 5

Soooo, I finally started listening to Hamilton because of a combination of my RL friends and Cameron convincing me that it works well enough on its own.

I can not remember what thread we talked about this but I'm pretty sure CakeBug and I MUST have contributed at least a little bit lol

• Like 4

I can not remember what thread we talked about this but I'm pretty sure CakeBug and I MUST have contributed at least a little bit lol

Who are you again?

• Like 3

I wonder if Cam Bert told his mom that none of his forum friends think Ted Neeley is bangable.

The next time I talk to my mom I will bring it up and report back to you guys with how she takes the news.

Also, I'm kinda excited because tonight I am going to go see Cats on stage for the first time. I wonder if it being all in Japanese will make it more or less surreal.

• Like 7

The next time I talk to my mom I will bring it up and report back to you guys with how she takes the news.

Also, I'm kinda excited because tonight I am going to go see Cats on stage for the first time. I wonder if it being all in Japanese will make it more or less surreal.

There's nothing about this post that I don't love.

• Like 5

I want to know how that goes!! Have fun!!

Also, completely off topic, but tomspanks, I was browsing my old art on my computer and found a drawing that made me think of you lol

200ycn4.jpg

• Like 5

I do but I'm embarrassed.

hint: I use the same username everywhere.

My tumblr is 90% Hetalia though, so you have been warned

• Like 5

I do but I'm embarrassed.

hint: I use the same username everywhere.

My tumblr is 90% Hetalia though, so you have been warned

Found you! And whoa!

youre-awesome.gif

For serious -

orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif

• Like 6

Found you! And whoa!

youre-awesome.gif

For serious -

orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif

Nnnnooooooooo??

Thank you ;_;

You guys are the awesome ones.

• Like 4

I would like my voice to join in the chorus of praise!

Wonderful work, Jam! Don't ever be embarrassed. If I could do what you can, it would literally be how I introduced myself to people all the time. "Hi, I'm JamerLea, Badass Artist. What's that? Am I better than you? Well, I haven't seen any of your work...but yes. Yes, I am."

• Like 7

"Hi, I'm JamerLea, Badass Artist. What's that? Am I better than you? Well, I haven't seen any of your work...but yes. Yes, I am."

If I ever sounded like that, I'd probably punch myself lol

But seriously, thank you very much!

• Like 5

I want to know how that goes!! Have fun!!

Also, completely off topic, but tomspanks, I was browsing my old art on my computer and found a drawing that made me think of you lol

200ycn4.jpg

This is cool and all, but I'm really disappointed that it wasn't a jaded mandarin.

• Like 7

This is cool and all, but I'm really disappointed that it wasn't a jaded mandarin.

"Jaded Mandarin" needs to be Tom's member title.

• Like 7

I just got back from seeing Cats. I have a lot to say but because it's 1:30 in the morning I will just quickly say two things. One, I highly enjoyed it. It is very visual and it's ridiculous and over the top in a certain sense but you're allowed that with theater. Given the Sir Dame Andrew Lloyd Webber connection I couldn't help but think of Jesus Christ Superstar and how this movie has some fantastic voices and performances but does lack some of the energy of the staged productions. Two, I have a lot of respect now for whomever translated the music. As I was listening to some of the songs I couldn't help but marvel over how hard it must be to not only translate the song's lyrics but do so in a way that doesn't change the music and still sounds like a song.

• Like 7

Hey Jammer, what will it take to commission a custom-made Jaded Mandarin avatar for Tom?

• Like 4

Hey Jammer, what will it take to commission a custom-made Jaded Mandarin avatar for Tom?

That is a worthwhile cause! I'd be happy to contribute :)

• Like 4

GDI HOW DID YOU KNOW

35j029j.jpg

This is the first thing I did after getting home from work

• Like 7

I love it! :wub:

oh my god

I wonder if I should redo the text so it's legible at icon size.

Maybe after I nap.

• Like 5