Episode 59 — Twitter King Me

21 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:01 PM

Next week is a big one for Randy and Jason: Their albumHendersons and Daughterscomes out on Tuesday, they'll be onConanon Wednesday, and they're spending the weekend performing inAnn Arbor. You gotta stretch before you sprint, so prepare for the Sklar-athon with a proper warm-up of Sklarbro Country. Writer Alec Sulkin leavesTwitterfor long enough to discuss working for Craig Kilborn, his friendship with Seth MacFarlane, and his upcoming Mark Wahlberg/Mila Kunis movie. Not enough for you? Well we have Jesse Thorn back for yet another of his fantastic fantasy reports. Still not enough? Sklarbitration returns! Enjoy, and HENDERSON!

#2 Mike Shannon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:49 AM

No clever quips here. No ingenious wordplay on the "Sklar" name. In fact, nothing important to say here - just a geeky fan letter type of comment.

I just finished listening to this week's episode, and I'm blown away as always by the number and density of the humor. I think the Edward James Olmos "null set" joke is what pushed it over the cliff for me. If that was improvised, then it was a brilliant bit of improv. If it was written beforehand, it was an amazing performance - you made it sound exactly like you just said it off the cuff...

Anyhow, this is absolutely my favorite podcast; I look forward to Friday mornings when I can download, slap it on my iPod, and listen on the way to work. Thanks, guys, and keep up the good work. Henderson, Osbaldiston, boom, zoom, punch a waterfall, and all the rest...

Mike Shannon
Lowell MA

#3 Anonymous Coward

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:59 AM

Can I expect tsunami jokes?

#4 Russ Never Sleeps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:43 PM

Another great episode Sklars! Mande's Twitter takedown of Agent Zero was tremendous, and the fantasy analysis of America's Radio Sweetheart has never been so passionate & sharp— one always needs to know whose drop is stocking. It sucks that sportswriter Mike Grayson didn't make an appearance, but enjoyed Mr. Sulkin's podcast turn nonetheless.

#5 Mick1326657681

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

Randy and Jason,
I'm going crazy man. Everytime today when I was not engaged in a conversation, that friggin Sklarbro-tration song is in my head. I have been popping my iPod on at all intervals when I know it is going to creep up on me, and now I am lying in bed and it's all I hear. I was thinking of making my own Weird Al kinda riff on the same subject, at least it will be Alt.
(Remember when The Naked Trucker and T-Bone would sing this at their gigs?) Glad we were all around for the best times at Largo re: Elliott et al.
Take Care Guys

#6 Barry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:24 AM

Loved finally hearing from @thesulk in a different venue than Twitter. He is hilarious and I hope he shows up on more podcasts in the future.

#7 Luke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:39 AM

Edward James Almost (right?) and Proactive? A match made in heaven....made by terrible ad people.

#8 Amanda S.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:36 PM

I love how your Segal dog movie taglines sound like rejected dialogue for Jesse Pinkman on Breaking Bad. But I can't believe you missed the most obvious one: "Don't play dead...BE dead, bitch"

#9 Stephen1326657796

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:22 PM

Good show - that Devin Davis song was fantastic - more like this, please!

#10 Joseph1326657706

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:20 PM

Dang it guys I'm from Manhattan Kansas and Willie the Wildcat is a Bobcat in fact before there were such things as animal rights we had an actual bobcat as part of the mascot team

#11 Matt Reitzel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:22 PM

Spottef at the San Genarro Festival Canoli eating contest. Henderson!

http://www.facebook....&type=1

#12 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:01 PM

Next week is a big one for Randy and Jason: Their albumHendersons and Daughterscomes out on Tuesday, they'll be onConanon Wednesday, and they're spending the weekend performing inAnn Arbor. You gotta stretch before you sprint, so prepare for the Sklar-athon with a proper warm-up of Sklarbro Country. Writer Alec Sulkin leavesTwitterfor long enough to discuss working for Craig Kilborn, his friendship with Seth MacFarlane, and his upcoming Mark Wahlberg/Mila Kunis movie. Not enough for you? Well we have Jesse Thorn back for yet another of his fantastic fantasy reports. Still not enough? Sklarbitration returns! Enjoy, and HENDERSON!

#13 Mike Shannon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:49 AM

No clever quips here. No ingenious wordplay on the "Sklar" name. In fact, nothing important to say here - just a geeky fan letter type of comment.

I just finished listening to this week's episode, and I'm blown away as always by the number and density of the humor. I think the Edward James Olmos "null set" joke is what pushed it over the cliff for me. If that was improvised, then it was a brilliant bit of improv. If it was written beforehand, it was an amazing performance - you made it sound exactly like you just said it off the cuff...

Anyhow, this is absolutely my favorite podcast; I look forward to Friday mornings when I can download, slap it on my iPod, and listen on the way to work. Thanks, guys, and keep up the good work. Henderson, Osbaldiston, boom, zoom, punch a waterfall, and all the rest...

Mike Shannon
Lowell MA

#14 Anonymous Coward

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:59 AM

Can I expect tsunami jokes?

#15 Russ Never Sleeps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:43 PM

Another great episode Sklars! Mande's Twitter takedown of Agent Zero was tremendous, and the fantasy analysis of America's Radio Sweetheart has never been so passionate & sharp— one always needs to know whose drop is stocking. It sucks that sportswriter Mike Grayson didn't make an appearance, but enjoyed Mr. Sulkin's podcast turn nonetheless.

#16 Mick1326657681

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

Randy and Jason,
I'm going crazy man. Everytime today when I was not engaged in a conversation, that friggin Sklarbro-tration song is in my head. I have been popping my iPod on at all intervals when I know it is going to creep up on me, and now I am lying in bed and it's all I hear. I was thinking of making my own Weird Al kinda riff on the same subject, at least it will be Alt.
(Remember when The Naked Trucker and T-Bone would sing this at their gigs?) Glad we were all around for the best times at Largo re: Elliott et al.
Take Care Guys

#17 Barry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:24 AM

Loved finally hearing from @thesulk in a different venue than Twitter. He is hilarious and I hope he shows up on more podcasts in the future.

#18 Luke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:39 AM

Edward James Almost (right?) and Proactive? A match made in heaven....made by terrible ad people.

#19 Amanda S.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:36 PM

I love how your Segal dog movie taglines sound like rejected dialogue for Jesse Pinkman on Breaking Bad. But I can't believe you missed the most obvious one: "Don't play dead...BE dead, bitch"

#20 Stephen1326657796

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:22 PM

Good show - that Devin Davis song was fantastic - more like this, please!