๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
JulyDiaz

Episode 157 - Surf Ninjas: LIVE!

Sorry to double post, but...

ย 

Never do that!

• Like 5

I know people double post here all the time, but the ancient forum user within me still feels guilt. What is netiquette.

• Like 7

I know people double post here all the time, but the ancient forum user within me still feels guilt. What is netiquette.

ย 

I don't think we have any real rules here, especially once the movie talk has petered out--which is usually around Wednesday, so you are doubly cool.

ย 

As far as C&O posts go, I think too many consecutive posts in a row can be....overwhelming. For me, I try to limit my posts to one or two (usually) connected thoughts and then step back to allow others to chime in. I try to limit them to one post per page (not including responses to other people's posts), but if the conversation isn't all that active, I might chime in earlier.

ย 

For me, the biggest thing is that this place remains a welcoming environment. A place for open dialog and a place to exchange thoughts, ideas, and jokes. If you're just blowing up the boards with post after post, you're not really being open to a conversation with others, are you? Which, personally, I feel is kind of rude.

• Like 6

It'd be interesting if there were some in depth reviews from Japan. There is one customer review for the movie on Amazon Japan that I found. One star of course. It pretty much is what's to be expected after Cam Bert's movie title origin story.

ย 

I tried my hand at a rough translation. Cam Bert, please correct me as needed.

Nope, pretty spot on. Maybe a few word choice issues but otherwise good job. I find it funny that on the page under the product description there is a part featuring "reviews" which just tell the plot and the people involved and no actual review. I looked around on some other Japanese pages and that's the only customer review I could find. Well, I found one or two blog posts of people reviewing the movie, but they are too long to post here.

ย 

Does this mean we'll have to start searching international Amazons to get some more second opinions?

• Like 3

As far as C&O posts go, I think too many consecutive posts in a row can be....overwhelming. For me, I try to limit my posts to one or two (usually) connected thoughts and then step back to allow others to chime in.

This. Just don't be the dude that comes in and posts stream of consciousness in a dozen back to back posts with a different font per post and then never contributes to any of the conversation. My feeling is that as long as people are engaged with the group for the most part, a double post every now and then isn't a big deal.

• Like 6

Not to mention that Darth Vader's look was based on Samurai armor and Colonel Chi wears Samurai armor. The number of similarities are astounding.

ย 

ย 

Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of the forums? The Sheer-dow knows!

ย 

ย 

I loved those samurai styled stormtrooper figurines that came out in the last couple years. I could never justify the amount they cost to get one, but I really liked that design.

• Like 2

ย 

Personally my forum sins are typos (now I know I must be VERY CAREFUL because of the limited edit time for posts) and near compulsive liking of posts...

ย 

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Nicole Byer is the best!

ย 

Could someone remind me what role did Nicole Byer play in "Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates"? Can't remember her scene(s) for some reason, I guess my memory of that movie its like June's Memento but for all movies... Except for the Kumail scene wich I appreciated for both the commitment and humor...

• Like 1

Tone Loc-- I submit that his character is the same character from Ace Ventura.

ย 

the movies are only 1 year apart, Surf NInjas (1993) and Ace Ventura (1994). He plays a detective in both. In Ace they only refer to him by his first name - Emilio. In Surf Ninjas they only refer to him by his last name, Lieutenant Spence.

ย 

I believe that Lieutenant Emilio Spence was fired from the Santa Monica PD for his involvement with the "plot" of that movie. After, he took a job across the country in Miami, where he runs into Ace. This would also explain why in AV he is always hyper sensitive to his superiors' opinions and is trying to keep his head down, get his job done, and stay out of Ace's shenanigans.