🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DaltonMaltz

Episode 176 - Ike Barinholtz, Our Close Friend

Sean and Hayes discuss the big snafu. Then IKE BARINHOLTZ comes in to talk about the major spoof movies he’s done and to read one written by the hosts.

• Like 8

Oooh man, Ike Barinholtz was in Suicider's Squad right?

I hope this isnt an elaborate plot by the Joker to infect Sean's mind and become some sort of unstoppable supervillian

• Like 7

A surprisingly huge get for the boys? Maybe my dream of Dov Davidoff or Dave Chappelle as a guest isn't so crazy

• Like 5

Hey guys,

Turns out I'm actually Cecil the Lion now, he took over my body and now the lion is me and we're the same now, so Hayes you don't have to cry. Rar grrr okay I speak human english talk now, wow humans speach is amazing etc etc... okay on to the imporant things: I will confirm that I did want to chase a thing and lie down and take a big sleepy, and it's true I did want to consider climbing a tree although I still haven't decided whether or not that's something that I'm actually interested in pursuing at this point in time but I am keeping my options open without actually committing to whether or not I want to climb the tree. One correction though, Don Fanelli met ME at a party, I did not meet him. This is very important. He comes up to me and talks to me about soda and I'm like... "okay, sure, Don Fanelli of the improv team Fuck That Shit and also The Chris Gethard Show, whose work I admire and respect, but whose podcast I was not aware of until now but at the same time am not surprised about considering your friendship with notable soda-head Chris Gethard, I'll do your podcast rar grrr lion lion maul an impala rarrr shake my mane."

So now you know how that went. Fun.

Love,

Cecil the Lion who is also your best friend Chanson, we're the same, I am him, he is me, souls are weird, don't question it.

• Like 12

I never made it to the funny zone last week.

I think I can't get there anymore or was going somewhere else the whole time.

The laughing part of my brain seems to be broken or have atrophied altogether because on an intellectual level I know this episode was particularly good, and I can still remember Hollywood Handbook being basically THE only thing that made me literally "LOL", like IRL, but after a series of events in my life this past year I think somethings bad wrong.

This week I'm posting because I'm becoming concerned that I may not be as alive as my vital signs are tricking all the doctors into believing.

I probably shouldn't post here anymore until something changes because even tho I kinda see you all as distant friends I will just bring the mood down.

Bye

• Like 4

as a hater and someone who is very jealous of people who are famous, i am mad and sad about how good ike was on the show

• Like 17

another creamy new episode! also, i found a number of you on twitter, and i just can't get enough of everyone's funny tweets!!! CHANSON WANTS A FREAKIN BOAT!!!LOLOLOLOLOL

• Like 7

this was so loosy-goosey and for me it was good!

dems geese, they leese!! and so forth

the shorts i am wearing which i like (they ar e comfy, hide my shame, have pockets) are too noisy when i walk. its as if, very early on in the design process, qualified textiles engineers decided that this was their pathway to eternity. not for them speed, strength, dazzlingly derring bifurcated truncated leg coverings . NO! they was going to make some shorts that'll be real loud and rustle-y when you walk. they're the moon landing of shorts that sound like some kinda sound from the hit broadway spectacular, "stomp" and i will love them forever.

• Like 6

speaking of words that rhyme with Chanson wants a boat, this episode was Chanson wants a GOAT

• Like 4

I'm so mad, it's not funny to take credit for someone else's character. Ike Barinholtz wasn't fucking Ms. Swan, every comedy fan knows she was played by Aries Spears.

PS: .nosnahC ti kcuS

• Like 2

Gang I know it's only page 1 but I'm starting the shenanigans early. Because I just received a transmission from the future. Turns out that my theory about the time wound was right, but extenuating circumstances made it so that there were multiple rips at multiple locations. That's why, for example, we got Joe McGurl back recently, but from this letter it seems that Mekhi Phifer is stuck in a Madagascar jail under an assumed name for a crime he didn't commit in 2040. But it turns out I was wrong about the culprit! The true foe behind the..oh no..it's a time bullet! Guh..

• Like 6

CiscoKid, you crazy for this one. But I truly enjoy each weekly installment of your funny stories.

• Like 6

Hey everybody, it's your ol' pal Joe. Just wanted to hop in and say I like Ik-

I like Ike

Dammit! Alright, maybe I'll try somethin' else. Uh... Uh...Wait, I got it...so it turns out I'm Cecil the Li-

Hey guys,

Turns out I'm actually Cecil the Lion now, he took over my body and now the lion is me and we're the same now, so Hayes you don't have to cry. Rar grrr okay I speak human english talk now, wow humans speach is amazing etc etc... okay on to the imporant things: I will confirm that I did want to chase a thing and lie down and take a big sleepy, and it's true I did want to consider climbing a tree although I still haven't decided whether or not that's something that I'm actually interested in pursuing at this point in time but I am keeping my options open without actually committing to whether or not I want to climb the tree. One correction though, Don Fanelli met ME at a party, I did not meet him. This is very important. He comes up to me and talks to me about soda and I'm like... "okay, sure, Don Fanelli of the improv team Fuck That Shit and also The Chris Gethard Show, whose work I admire and respect, but whose podcast I was not aware of until now but at the same time am not surprised about considering your friendship with notable soda-head Chris Gethard, I'll do your podcast rar grrr lion lion maul an impala rarrr shake my mane."

So now you know how that went. Fun.

Love,

Cecil the Lion who is also your best friend Chanson, we're the same, I am him, he is me, souls are weird, don't question it.

Aw son of a b-word! 'Kay, uh...

Pepsi 1893 Citrus Cola (in an orange can, says it's grapefruit flavored) is terrible.

Peace.

• Like 6

Great ep, Ike killed it. Also a very fun introduction to Dana who sounded surprisingly sweet and nice for being an evil succubus. It'll be interesting to see how she rebounds from getting destroyed

Dana%20V%20Cody.png

• Like 8

This ep was hot fire, both Shonk Lements and Hay's Forhorses can be heard dying off-mic.

Fans of Hay's's political writing should also check out this cool and interesting link to an essay he made, even Mimby said it was smart and funny:

https://stevehely.com/2017/02/25/measure-s/

The kid's got a real big brain I hope he runs for offices in 202223.

• Like 4

[begin transmission]

I'm..sort of floating..

I see all of time, from it's humble and violent beginnings to its tumultuous and eventually unimportant end..

I see humans suffering, plague spreading through the lands.

Now I see ran ran and honlads, trapped under the antarctic ice, frozen in time doing a sweet back flip off of a wooly mammoth

And over there! Anastasia Vigo teaching Mohandas Gandhi about motorcycle engines, but 1000 years later, there's Engineer Frank playing a tense game of dice with some the robot mafia

And I'm getting other flashes.. Tom Scharpling throwing Nick Wiger into the spoonman.. Hanford and Dave are selling earwolf corporate secrets to Jake and amir.. Hayes is holding a wounded Sean, screaming into the sky " It should have been me!"..Sean motions for him to lean in closer..

"What up what up"

[End transmission]

• Like 6

WBT Spicy Ginger Soda is pretty dope y'all.

(I'm angling for an endorsement deal.)

• Like 3

Hey quick question: anybody else see that New Zealand singer-songwriter Lorde is gonna be at a place and have their brain instantly recall Lordi, the Finnish metal band, instead?

Also, why can't Lordi be the musical guest on SNL?

• Like 1