Episode 18 — Gigli

21 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:01 PM

For nearly a decade, Gigli has been a go-to punchline for hack comedians. Does it hold up to it's bad movie reputation? Danielle Schneider joins us this week to deconstruct one of the most monumentally bad movies of the millennium. This movie is garbage on every level, from the painfully awkward acting to the politically incorrect plot. Head over to Netflix Instant to see for yourself, and then join us to learn How Did This Get Made?!

#2 newt00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:51 PM

shitteous monologue after shitteous monologue. i just finished watching this horrible pile of mistakes and now i'm ready to listen. that final "baywatch" end was eternal!

#3 Julia Hays

Earwolf Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey native. New to Los Angeles.

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:46 AM

It's been awhile since I've seen it, but isn't this lesbian turned straight situation nearly the same thing that happened in Chasing Amy? What is Ben Affleck doing to our nation's lesbians?!

#4 KJ huseman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:48 AM

Another excellent show. I love this podcast. The best part is the crew makes fun of idiots who gave the movies good reviews.
Can't wait for The League!

#5 Carl Schoenleber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationSF

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:23 AM

Great episode!

#6 daniel tompkins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:48 PM

This is one of the few episodes where I had already seen the movie and it's sort of like reliving terrible war experiences. I blocked so much out...

#7 Dirk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:07 PM

Fantastic episode. Just thought I'd leave this here for those who didn't see it already...

http://www.theonion....which-both,606/

#8 Josh W

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:42 AM

I agree with Jason -- the "Baby Got Back" scene REALLY is the best scene of the movie.

#9 Miles Kaufman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:45 AM

Columbiana seems like a perfect candidate for this podcast. I haven't seen it, but I don't need to to know it's garbage. I don't see how that movie ever could have been made.

#10 Dan LaBrecque

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:40 PM

You didn't even mention the fact that Ben Affleck turns into the woman of the relationship, (the cow to her bull), because of how he checks his nails.

WTF

#11 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:01 PM

For nearly a decade, Gigli has been a go-to punchline for hack comedians. Does it hold up to it's bad movie reputation? Danielle Schneider joins us this week to deconstruct one of the most monumentally bad movies of the millennium. This movie is garbage on every level, from the painfully awkward acting to the politically incorrect plot. Head over to Netflix Instant to see for yourself, and then join us to learn How Did This Get Made?!

#12 newt00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:51 PM

shitteous monologue after shitteous monologue. i just finished watching this horrible pile of mistakes and now i'm ready to listen. that final "baywatch" end was eternal!

#13 Julia Hays

Earwolf Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey native. New to Los Angeles.

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:46 AM

It's been awhile since I've seen it, but isn't this lesbian turned straight situation nearly the same thing that happened in Chasing Amy? What is Ben Affleck doing to our nation's lesbians?!

#14 KJ huseman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:48 AM

Another excellent show. I love this podcast. The best part is the crew makes fun of idiots who gave the movies good reviews.
Can't wait for The League!

#15 Carl Schoenleber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationSF

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:23 AM

Great episode!

#16 daniel tompkins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:48 PM

This is one of the few episodes where I had already seen the movie and it's sort of like reliving terrible war experiences. I blocked so much out...

#17 Dirk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:07 PM

Fantastic episode. Just thought I'd leave this here for those who didn't see it already...

http://www.theonion....which-both,606/

#18 Josh W

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:42 AM

I agree with Jason -- the "Baby Got Back" scene REALLY is the best scene of the movie.

#19 Miles Kaufman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:45 AM

Columbiana seems like a perfect candidate for this podcast. I haven't seen it, but I don't need to to know it's garbage. I don't see how that movie ever could have been made.

#20 Dan LaBrecque

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:40 PM

You didn't even mention the fact that Ben Affleck turns into the woman of the relationship, (the cow to her bull), because of how he checks his nails.

WTF