🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays-Week 7-Cabaret!

Before I turn in for the night, I just want to say one more thing I liked about the movie and give some credit to Bob Fosse. There is an incredible amount of attention paid to small details through the film which I enjoyed. A good example is the fact in the song "If You Could See Her Through My Eyes" a song about a man loving a Jewish woman the MC is wearing a boater and who is the only character to wear a a boater throughout the film? Fritz who is love with a Jewish woman. As mentioned the songs parallel what's going on in the story but little details like that really impressed me.

• Like 6

Okay I have a lot more to say about Brian's sexuality but I do not have to the time to sit and type it all currently so this is me putting a place holder here for later.

source.gif

• Like 6

Going back to the final song, I found an interesting tidbit about how it was interpreted for the Broadway revival:

"...the number became a sort of "suicide note" (as Mendes puts it) about staying in a city that Sally knows is going to end in rubble."
  • Like 6

Okay I have a lot more to say about Brian's sexuality but I do not have to the time to sit and type it all currently so this is me putting a place holder here for later.

source.gif

Is it just me or does Liza have no bones? Her movements are so fluid and her lines are so soft.

• Like 8

Totally off topic, but Cameron and tomspanks have been very encouraging so I thought why not share something in this, the least-visited of forums of only friendly people (trademark pending).

I used to be an actor, and before I stopped doing that, I was the lead in a small Australian film that features a few big Australian names. It's a bit of fun. So, watch if you like - just don't review it on letterboxd by saying 'the guy playing Mat is the greatest actor since Olivier' (that goes without saying) or referring to Mat as 'baby CakeBug' as tomspanks did in an email. Enjoy!

PS to mods: this is freely shared on vimeo by the filmmaker himself, so there's no issues with copyright.

• Like 7

Totally off topic, but Cameron and tomspanks have been very encouraging so I thought why not share something in this, the least-visited of forums of only friendly people (trademark pending).

I used to be an actor, and before I stopped doing that, I was the lead in a small Australian film that features a few big Australian names. It's a bit of fun. So, watch if you like - just don't review it on letterboxd by saying 'the guy playing Mat is the greatest actor since Olivier' (that goes without saying) or referring to Mat as 'baby CakeBug' as tomspanks did in an email. Enjoy!

PS to mods: this is freely shared on vimeo by the filmmaker himself, so there's no issues with copyright.

I want to talk about how the pressure Mat's parents place on him to become an Australian Rules Football player is an allegory for the plight of Australia's indigenous people...

• Like 6

I'm gonna pinch those baby cheeks and offer you ancient Wurthers candies stuck together from my crocheted pocketbook.

• Like 8

I'm gonna pinch those baby cheeks and offer you ancient Wurthers candies stuck together from my crocheted pocketbook.

Great! Now I have a very weird and very specific fetish! Thanks, Tom!

• Like 7

Great! Now I have a very weird and very specific fetish! Thanks, Tom!

When-Someone-Suggests-Making-Savoury-Pancakes.gif

(Mary Berry is a classy lady with some of the best hot buns around).

• Like 6

I WILL laugh at every Hot Buns and Soggy Bottom joke in/about Great British Bake Off because it is everything wonderful and delightful about Great Britain.

source.gif

• Like 5

I WILL laugh at every Hot Buns and Soggy Bottom joke in/about Great British Bake Off because it is everything wonderful and delightful about Great Britain.

Lol, I should've known when you posted the cake gif earlier. My husband got me into the show and now I'm obsessed.

• Like 5

https://vimeo.com/131952761

Thank you for giving me something to do on my train ride into work this morning.

• Like 3

Lol, I should've known when you posted the cake gif earlier. My husband got me into the show and now I'm obsessed.

Will you guys watch the "new" version when it starts on Channel 4?

• Like 2

Will you guys watch the "new" version when it starts on Channel 4?

Almost certainly, but with a palpable sense of dread, suspicion, and sadness.

source.gif

• Like 4

Almost certainly, but with a palpable sense of dread, suspicion, and sadness.

source.gif

The same way Cam Bert watched 'The Lake House'.

• Like 5

...or referring to Mat as 'baby CakeBug' as tomspanks did in an email.

Ummm...you should have never told us this because that is literally the only way we are going to refer to him.10lkUdy.gif

• Like 7

Ummm...you should have never told us this because that is literally the only way we are going to refer to him.10lkUdy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 4

The same way Cam Bert watched 'The Lake House'.

LAKE HOUSE!!!!! THERE SHALL COME A RECKONING!!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 7

Baby CakeBug, when playing "Mat," what was you actor's secret?

• Like 4

Oh yes, let's James Lipton CakeBug!

• Like 3

It might have been tough to spot, but in the scene when Mat arrives in the city and his cousin doesn't pick him up, I actually exchanged several letters through a magical time travelling mailbox. The scene was cut for time, but it was central to my psychological approach to the role.

• Like 5