🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
joel_rosenbaum

The Producers

I've been thinking about some of the producers (and production companies) who have been featured repeatedly in the podcast. Many of the movies are just one-off duds produced by companies with an otherwise good track record. But some producers just back terrible product. Obviously there's Cannon (Golan/Globus, particularly), but also Donald De Line (Burlesque, Green Lantern), and Asylum/David Michael Latt (Sharknado).

The "bad producers" tend to have low/medium budgets in common, but not all low budget studios generate crap product. Blumhouse gave us "Boy Next Door" but also has two of the better/more successful movies of the year right now. Besides, De Line proves that money doesn't save a bad project. Obviously money helps, but some production companies just seem to have a knack for garbage.

So my question is, which of these producers/companies haven't gotten their due from HDTGM yet?

I'll go with Sidney J. Furie, who has an almost Golan/Globus track record (Superman IV, the Iron Eagle Franchise, and "The Dependables" -- you can guess what that's a knockoff of).

Dino De Laurentiis ... some good, some not so good and some HDTGM movies too. I was doing the DLM challenge a couple of years ago and whenever his name came up at the begining of a movie i had one of those "oh .. here we go again!" thoughts

there's more than a few of these that would be HDTGM worthy:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0209569/

• Like 1

Dino De Laurentiis ... some good, some not so good and some HDTGM movies too. I was doing the DLM challenge a couple of years ago and whenever his name came up at the begining of a movie i had one of those "oh .. here we go again!" thoughts

there's more than a few of these that would be HDTGM worthy:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0209569/

Dino was the first one who sprang to mind. But yeah, he's made some great ones too.

Sign in to follow this