🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 10.3 — The Final Challenge: Day 3

Really funny and interesting podcast Earwolf! I hope you do a second season down the line. I really didn't care who won as I started listening to both TL and Dum Dum about half way through the season and will continue to do so, but congrat to Totally Laime.

Also, tee-shirt idea - "Keep it in the Wolf Den"

Really funny and interesting podcast Earwolf! I hope you do a second season down the line. I really didn't care who won as I started listening to both TL and Dum Dum about half way through the season and will continue to do so, but congrat to Totally Laime.

Also, tee-shirt idea - "Keep it in the Wolf Den"

I couldn't be happier with the results. Congrats Totally Laime. I will defiantly subscribe to this podcast. To me the saddest thing is that this season is over.

I couldn't be happier with the results. Congrats Totally Laime. I will defiantly subscribe to this podcast. To me the saddest thing is that this season is over.

I love the Earwolf Network!! With that said I am very disappointed in the Earwolf challenge. After Listening to 20 minutes of the 2 hour final episode I already knew that The little Dum Dum Club had lost by the way Scott and Jeff were speaking. I remember thinking for 1 hour and 30 minutes " they are getting snowballed (Little Dum Dum Club). I find it amazing that the show with the less negative criticism and funniest content lost. It really goes to show that Earwolf Network has Gone Hollywood. It also proves, that in California, a Blond Bimbo will always win against all odds. Listening to the Entire 10 weeks I noticed that Totally Lame, when confronted with elimination, would kiss ass as their defense to convince judges to not eliminate them. Earwolf...Looking for yes men or quality programming? Is Free thinking Podcast no longer your ideal content? Little Dum Dum Club confronted once with possible elimination Took the Criticism on the chin did not try to quibble about whether the content was sound. Instead came out fighting for the next round Totally lame in every instance agreed with judges and Matt about how their entry was shit. The show is Racked with indecision and sub par content, unfunny and to be honest very juvenile. after listening to 5-6 episodes of comedians I like. Elizabeths voice became nasally and annoying. I finally unsubscribed and deleted all content Downloaded. I listen to 10-12 hours of podcast everyday as I have a very boring job. With that said I would listen to silence before listening to Totally Lame Podcast. I will Apologize to Totally Lame for my unkind words, but this has really Affected me because of the Mass amount of Respect I hold for Scott Aukerman and Jeff Ulrich and what they are doing with Earwolf. That is All...

Arkangel

I love the Earwolf Network!! With that said I am very disappointed in the Earwolf challenge. After Listening to 20 minutes of the 2 hour final episode I already knew that The little Dum Dum Club had lost by the way Scott and Jeff were speaking. I remember thinking for 1 hour and 30 minutes " they are getting snowballed (Little Dum Dum Club). I find it amazing that the show with the less negative criticism and funniest content lost. It really goes to show that Earwolf Network has Gone Hollywood. It also proves, that in California, a Blond Bimbo will always win against all odds. Listening to the Entire 10 weeks I noticed that Totally Lame, when confronted with elimination, would kiss ass as their defense to convince judges to not eliminate them. Earwolf...Looking for yes men or quality programming? Is Free thinking Podcast no longer your ideal content? Little Dum Dum Club confronted once with possible elimination Took the Criticism on the chin did not try to quibble about whether the content was sound. Instead came out fighting for the next round Totally lame in every instance agreed with judges and Matt about how their entry was shit. The show is Racked with indecision and sub par content, unfunny and to be honest very juvenile. after listening to 5-6 episodes of comedians I like. Elizabeths voice became nasally and annoying. I finally unsubscribed and deleted all content Downloaded. I listen to 10-12 hours of podcast everyday as I have a very boring job. With that said I would listen to silence before listening to Totally Lame Podcast. I will Apologize to Totally Lame for my unkind words, but this has really Affected me because of the Mass amount of Respect I hold for Scott Aukerman and Jeff Ulrich and what they are doing with Earwolf. That is All...

Arkangel

@Arkangel, I'm not going to ban you from the forums, because in reading your other posts you seem like a positive person. But I do want to explain why I deleted your post- it's because the kind of namecalling you engaged in is not welcome here. If you'd like to repost without the specific insult, be our guest.

@Arkangel, I'm not going to ban you from the forums, because in reading your other posts you seem like a positive person. But I do want to explain why I deleted your post- it's because the kind of namecalling you engaged in is not welcome here. If you'd like to repost without the specific insult, be our guest.

About 14 months ago I found Sklarbro Country on itunes, and that lead me to discover the other great shows on earwolf. Who Charted? CBB, How did this Get Made? are all fantastic - and I've had a blast trolling the archives ... But no other show on earwolf had the "must listen" quality to me than that of the Challenge.
Definately the 2 best entries lasted the longest - so I think you guys got it right. Personally thought Dum Dum was the best - but really Totally Laime is very engaging, and was a very good choice.

Season 2 is a must - Matt Besser did an excellent job as host/judge - love the rotating celebrity judges -

For Season 2 - How about a tournament style - 16 podcasts - 2 go head to head each week - full episodes (45 minutes-ish) of original programming - kinda like this week's shows went - Monday/Tuesday is a brief review of what has happened, who we are listening to - Podcast 1 on Monday, Podcast 2 on Tuesday - Wednesday is judgement
This will give you 15 weeks of programming - start it in January end in April - just when the NCAA tournament is garnering all the media attention - Earwolf Madness is also running wild!!

About 14 months ago I found Sklarbro Country on itunes, and that lead me to discover the other great shows on earwolf. Who Charted? CBB, How did this Get Made? are all fantastic - and I've had a blast trolling the archives ... But no other show on earwolf had the "must listen" quality to me than that of the Challenge.
Definately the 2 best entries lasted the longest - so I think you guys got it right. Personally thought Dum Dum was the best - but really Totally Laime is very engaging, and was a very good choice.

Season 2 is a must - Matt Besser did an excellent job as host/judge - love the rotating celebrity judges -

For Season 2 - How about a tournament style - 16 podcasts - 2 go head to head each week - full episodes (45 minutes-ish) of original programming - kinda like this week's shows went - Monday/Tuesday is a brief review of what has happened, who we are listening to - Podcast 1 on Monday, Podcast 2 on Tuesday - Wednesday is judgement
This will give you 15 weeks of programming - start it in January end in April - just when the NCAA tournament is garnering all the media attention - Earwolf Madness is also running wild!!

Scott mentioned he was a guest on one of the 10 podcasts but wasn't even sure which one it was. It was Television Zombies and he was really funny on it.

Scott mentioned he was a guest on one of the 10 podcasts but wasn't even sure which one it was. It was Television Zombies and he was really funny on it.

ugh. totally laime? really? it's so bland. way to take a risk and go with the most obvious choice.

at least the challenge introduced me to the little dum dum club.

ugh. totally laime? really? it's so bland. way to take a risk and go with the most obvious choice.

at least the challenge introduced me to the little dum dum club.

CONGRATULATIONS Totally Laime!
 I'm already subscribed to so many podcasts, Totally Laime being one of them, that from Day 1 I was rooting for them because I already liked their show and am up to my ears in podcast subscriptions (for instance, every show on Earwolf). Totally Laime was the only show I was familiar with going into the Challenge. I semi-jokingly/semi-seriously didn't know if I could subscribe to one more show, and was also extremely eager to hear which contestants would challenge my embargo on new subscriptions.

This season was a lot of fun. It not only AT LEAST introduced some of us to ONE show, it introduced us all to TEN SHOWS (ALSO, it may have even introduced some of us to some of the guest judges' podcasts as well)! So let's do the math— 10 shows x 10 weeks with 2 guest judges a week. Some of the guest judges appear with other guest judges on their own podcast. Some guest judges also have more than one podcast they regularly appear on! Sooooooooo Holy podcats! Math is hard, but I'm pretty sure everyone won!

Whether Totally Laime won or not wasn't an issue for me. It's easy to root for a show you're already invested in. I was regularly, pleasantly surprised and delighted by all the great contestant submissions, as well as the judges deliberating, talking shop and general figuring-out-of-the-show-submissions. I was ecstatic that Matt was hosting from the start. His candor, humor and raw honesty made him a great host/judge, and frankly I was happy to hear from him more than I usually do in any given week before this podcast's invention. As the contest came closer and closer to the finale, each episode got increasingly tougher to judge (seeing as comedy is SO subjective, despite some of the lines drawn in the sand on these forums). I didn't envy the judges' positions, but none-the-less respected their opinions, whether I agreed with them or not. That's just how the cookie crumbles, people.

And, as much as I didn't think I could make room for anymore shows, and the show I was rooting for won, I did wind up with a few more subscriptions, and that's really what this was all about— me.

You guys should have brought Karl and Tommy over and have them do the podcast for a year stateside. You could have called it "Hamish and Andy's Gap Year."

Guys, I'm worried about Dirk. He didn't post at all about this. Do you think he killed himself when he heard the final verdict? Or maybe his brain exploded from rage?

Just listened to the last episode. Not totally psyched, was hoping a more original show would win.

I just listened to TL's first Earwolf episode (with Matt Besser!), and between that and the passing of time, I'm less mad now. I still don't think think the best show won, but I'm ready to admit that it's a good show. And y'all know that it's all about what I think.

Sign in to follow this