#likesanimals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:42 AM

View PostSmigg, on 24 March 2017 - 03:30 AM, said:

Thats kind of why I'm torn on it.

Like the whole thing with Jamie Foxx playing Little John in this new Robin Hood film that's coming up, Little John is a giant, who was known as this phenominally strong warrior, so casting Jamie Foxx in that role is a werid choice. But on the other hand, Jamie Foxx is also an Oscar winning actor, so he's probably not going to do a shitty job.

Aaaand now I want a Terry Crews Little John.
"Fuck this fucking movie!" -Cameron H

#262 Smigg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:07 AM

View PostFister Roboto, on 24 March 2017 - 05:42 AM, said:

Aaaand now I want a Terry Crews Little John.

I want Terry Crews in EVERYTHING.

I wish there was Terry Crews/Rob Riggle buddy cop comedy.

But for Little John, you'd need someone even bigger than Terry Crews. So it'd probably have to be Shaq.

I've just looked at the cast for this new Robin Hood movie, and it doesn't make a lick of sense. Will Scarlet (Jamie Dornan) is not only the older brother of Robin Hood (Taron Egerton), he's also married to Maid Marian. Tim Minchin is Friar Tuck, that should tell you everything, and Little John is 5'9". It's like they're not even trying.

#263 Fister Roboto

#likesanimals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:51 AM

View PostSmigg, on 24 March 2017 - 06:07 AM, said:

Tim Minchin is Friar Tuck, that should tell you everything

Ummm...that sounds like the best part of it, honestly.
"Fuck this fucking movie!" -Cameron H

#264 Stellar Skateboard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 02:25 PM

I'm playing catch-up because I got really behind on my podcast consumption, but I had two takeaways here:

1) When they kept calling the surgeon "The woman from Sherlock," you have no idea how disappointed I was when I discovered it wasn't Mrs. Hudson. I don't tend to watch them beforehand, have occasionally seen them in the past (Hackers, a movie I actually really enjoy, and a few others), and on very rare occasions, end up seeking them out. So you know, in my mind, it was Mrs. Hudson the badass evil surgeon.

2) Claudia and Jason have a very similar sense of humor. "I was edging the entire time" sounds even funnier in an Australian accent.

#265 DeathToMikeyBay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:24 AM

The answer to "What's Voltron?" should be "cartoon Power Rangers".