Episode 158 - Body Parts: LIVE!

264 replies to this topic

#41 SaraK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:28 AM

I only wanted to say that I call my dad Pops a lot of the time. I refer to him as dad to other people, but Pops to his face.
Just so you know there's one person.

#42 joel_rosenbaum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:10 AM

Posted Image

#43 Good times2the Max!miliano

Ⓜⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • LocationⓂⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:19 AM

I'm gonna post/share my notes from my 2nd viewing of "Body Parts" now that the episode is out...
(LONG POST INCOMING)

*I remember Gulf+Western and Viacom but never Paramount Communications Company...

*Jeff Fahey's eyes are blue AF

*Jeff uses that tape recorder A LOT! Like his day to day routine depends on it... How much does he spend on batteries and answering machine fun sized tapes??? Does he think hes a fraud because he relies on tape recorders that much??? (Like the gang said)

*Cool crash scene and mad props to the stuntman... Did the people who made Doctor Strange took notes from Body Parts? 😉

*Wow... Those are A LOT of policeman with shotguns casually walking down the hallway of the hospital that I didn't notice the first time. 8 officers approx. but only one priest.

*I hate Dr. Webb SO. MUCH.

*I know that Jeff is awake to see the decapitation only so that we the audience can witness the horror through his eyes... But in the world of the movie, what genious thought it was a good idea to bring him in without anestesia and to have him be an active part of the separation part of the procedure??? (Like Gillian said)

*By this point I thought the criminal that they took the parts from was the guy at the beginning of the film... (Like the gang said)

*Phisical rehab montage time!

*I know how some reporters/journalist are seen as senseless or insensitive when they ask though questions but in this movie and others they seem like real assholes.

*Trowing a football and swinging a kid around right after you get back from the hospital... PERFECT! Your new arm will surely last a long long time... NOT! #NotJokesIn2017

*Flipping through my wives "V" with my new strangers arm and hand...

*Have those kids never seen anyone kiss??? Not even their own parents??? Not even on tv??

*The inmate from the beggining aknoledges that Jeff has been on tv so he must of known something about his new arm but he flips out when he sees that Jeff has the same deathrow tattoo he has??? Maybe he doesn't know about his new arm but why would he be scared by the fact that Jeff has the same tattooo as him and the other guys he probably hanged out with in prison and also probably that cellmate that he killed??? That proves he was only writen into the movie to point Jeff and the audience in the right direction and make him start asking about the origins of his new right arm an ultimately discover Dr. Webb's real plan...

*Dr. Webb you lying POS

*Appartment 404: NOT FOUND

*Crazy Theory Time... I think the reason that the bad things really start happening to Jeff is because he found out that the owner of his new arm was a killer and maybe that activated a curse or its all in his head an subcotiously he is telling his arm to do those bad things.

*String of crazy scenes one after another... Crazy meet with painter, fight with wife, (foreign???) police chieff combo, punch-slap my kid real quick, basket match and car chase and scare a stranger after a near accident, choke my wife real quick, the separation talk with the kids, Dr. Webb won't remove the arm b/c that's too hard but she will do one better by sending the transplanted head of the killer in an unknown body to retrieve all the pieces in order to build him back up (maybe?)

*Evil Skin concept is introduced

*Bar fight scene that bares no real weight to the plot and it makes no difference if edited out except maybe so that Jeff is the main("maim") suspect of "leg pulling" in the first degree in the next scene

*What did they use to attach the limbs... Elmer's Glue?

*Next time don't include a focused closeup of the dead painters dummy people who made this movie

*Cool handcuffed driving scene bro

*I'll just steal this police car real quick

*Cool crash and explotion

*Cool animatronic torso

*A killers hand is usefull to escape anesthesia and restraints

#44 JoelSchlosberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:02 AM

View PostJack Frost, on 17 March 2017 - 07:27 AM, said:

Posted Image
Someone with better photoshop skills than me [and who likes to do that sort of thing] should definitely photoshop Paul and June's faces onto this image.

Here ya go:
Posted Image

#45 firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:16 AM

View PostⓂⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ, on 17 March 2017 - 09:19 AM, said:

I'm gonna post/share my notes from my 2nd viewing of "Body Parts" now that the episode is out...

I was going to takes notes but ended up taking just this one:

OH PLEASE TELL ME THEY TRANSPLANTED HIS HEAD ONTO ANOTHER BODY!!!!

and they did so I was happy .. this movie just got crazier and crazier.

#46 Blast Hardcheese

Advanced-er-er Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Location, Location, Location!

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:08 AM

View Postfirsttimecallerlongtimelistenr, on 17 March 2017 - 05:33 AM, said:

and this is my favourite part ... i love how the torso is still breathing

Posted Image

* I have to admit that I was a bit perplexed by the "mom"'s James-Bond-Villain-reveal scene. She's boasting that she can bring these body parts back together and reanimate the corpse. But, isn't her entire concept basically already proven by the fact that these limbs are already acting in concert with their original host, Charlie? If the limbs are still alive and doing their thing, then isn't her theory and end game moot?

*With its loud-quite-loud line delivery, is this movie the cinematic version of a Pixies song?

* I think there was a Simpson's episode from one of the Tree House of Horrors episodes that was possibly inspired by this movie. Homer has Snake Jailbird's luscious head of hair transplanted onto his head after Snake is put to death. The hair, of course, is possessed by the evil ghost of Snake and it inevitably makes Homer perform evil acts. The story climaxes with Homer ripping the hair off his head and Chief Wiggum shooting the hair several times.

* I'm not sure if Gillian Jacobs has already seen it, but another film to add to her cinema-going experience is 1996's Kissed, starring Molly Parker. IMDB describes it as: "Over the years, a child's romantic ideals about death blossom into necrophilia, the study of embalming and the most profound relationship of her life."

* I think Jeff Fahey is more the proto-Eric Roberts than the proto-Nicolas Cage. Not only that, but they could convincingly play brothers in a movie. Hollywood, get on this!

#47 JoelSchlosberg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:15 AM

Speaking of James Bond villians, I couldn't help but be reminded of one with a neckbrace due to below-the-neck health issues, making for a less than intimidating opponent in vehicular combat (although the lack of a threat was a deliberate statement):

#48 Blast Hardcheese

Advanced-er-er Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Location, Location, Location!

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:34 AM

View PostJoelSchlosberg, on 17 March 2017 - 11:15 AM, said:

Speaking of James Bond villians, I couldn't help but be reminded of one with a neckbrace for below-the-neck health issues, a less than intimidating geature for an opponent in vehicular combat (although the lack of a threat was a deliberate statement):

I love that this entire opening was a big "fuck you" to Kevin McClory, who owned the rights to Blofeld and Specrte.

From IMDB: "This Bond film [Never Say Never Again] was not part of the franchise produced by MGM and Danjaq. Kevin McClory, who was producer and co-writer of Thunderball (1965), won a legal battle against Ian Fleming to make his own Bond movie. The settlement stipulated that it had to effectively be a remake of Thunderball."

Eon, the official production company of James Bond films weren't allowed to use Blofeld or Spectre in their movies after the settlement, so this was their work around: essentially letting McClory know that James Bond's success wasn't tethered to a single villain or evil cabal.

Of course, after McClory's death, Eon brought both Blofeld and Spectre back in Spectre, so perhaps this was a double "fuck you" from them to McClory.

#49 dask360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:41 AM

Get Gilly in a Wes Anderson movie RIGHT NOW!

#50 reclifton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

View PostJack Frost, on 17 March 2017 - 07:27 AM, said:

Someone with better photoshop skills than me [and who likes to do that sort of thing] should definitely photoshop Paul and June's faces onto this image.

I figured I'd jump in on this.

Posted Image

#51 Elektra Boogaloo

Mistress of All Agonies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:07 PM

View Postreclifton, on 17 March 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

I figured I'd jump in on this.

Posted Image

I love it.

I've spent some time on the PajamaGram website and I was going to suggest we all send a family PajamaGram to Jason, June and Paul but they are very over priced. Although I think Jason would enjoy the Hoodie-Footie ones.

#52 reclifton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 17 March 2017 - 12:51 PM

View PostElektra Boogaloo, on 17 March 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

I love it.

I've spent some time on the PajamaGram website and I was going to suggest we all send a family PajamaGram to Jason, June and Paul but they are very over priced. Although I think Jason would enjoy the Hoodie-Footie ones.

I could make something like this...I feel like this would be appropriate to wear right before going to bed

Posted Image

#53 Elektra Boogaloo

Mistress of All Agonies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

That's gorgeous.

So are we going to start a HDTGM YA book club with Eva as our first pick?

#54 H.P.Hovercraft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:41 PM

Claudia O’Doherty continues her reign as Best Ever with a casual mention of "Untamed Heart", a 90s tween classic!

#55 Elektra Boogaloo

Mistress of All Agonies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:07 PM

View PostH.P.Hovercraft, on 17 March 2017 - 01:41 PM, said:

Claudia O’Doherty continues her reign as Best Ever with a casual mention of "Untamed Heart", a 90s tween classic!

I also loved the "that's how my parents met!" quip. Good guests this week. (Sorry for posting too much.)

#56 Fister Roboto

#likesanimals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:18 PM

Claudia O'Doherty is the absolute best, and she can do nothing wrong ever.

That said, it was really funny to me that she said "Crushank" isn't a real name. Mostly because she's on a show where one of the two main characters has the last name "Cruikshank."
"Fuck this fucking movie!" -Cameron H

#57 Roook

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:19 PM

I saw this movie the instant it came out on VHS. I rented it and I also watched it with my mom. She thought it was stupid because a reattached limb wouldn't carry the memories of its previous owner. She was a nurse and declared that to me. I just thought it was awesome.

#58 taylor anne photo

A Most Peculiar Mademoiselle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • LocationDeep in the heart of Texas

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:21 PM

View PostFister Roboto, on 17 March 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

Claudia O'Doherty is the absolute best, and she can do nothing wrong ever.

That said, it was really funny to me that she said "Crushank" isn't a real name. Mostly because she's on a show where one of the two main characters has the last name "Cruikshank."

That just made me think of Crookshanks the cat from Harry Potter the whole time lol
"Taylor doesn't comment often, but when she does, she burns the whole fuckin' place down." - CakeBug Tranch

#59 Elektra Boogaloo

Mistress of All Agonies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:32 PM

View PostRoook, on 17 March 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

I saw this movie the instant it came out on VHS. I rented it and I also watched it with my mom. She thought it was stupid because a reattached limb wouldn't carry the memories of its previous owner. She was a nurse and declared that to me. I just thought it was awesome.

This is truly a movie to watch with your mom. Thank your mom for the answers.

#60 24 Hour Party Pizza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • LocationCascadia

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:40 PM

I could listen to Claudia O'Doherty read the phone book*, she is an absolute joy.

(*this reference doesn't make sense in 2017, does it?)

Had to finish this:

Posted Image