🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Deacon

The Garbage Pail Kids Movie (1987)

This steaming turd came out in the 80s and has been forgotten about by most people who wish to keep their sanity. It's as gross as a movie about Garbage Pail Kids could be, combined with the complete lack of sensibilities we, as a nation, had in the 1980s. The main character is a pre-pubescent kid trying to hook up with a girl in her late teens and he won't let the humongous age difference stop him. Not with the help of his friends The Garbage Pail Kids!

This steaming turd came out in the 80s and has been forgotten about by most people who wish to keep their sanity. It's as gross as a movie about Garbage Pail Kids could be, combined with the complete lack of sensibilities we, as a nation, had in the 1980s. The main character is a pre-pubescent kid trying to hook up with a girl in her late teens and he won't let the humongous age difference stop him. Not with the help of his friends The Garbage Pail Kids!

Yes, please do this. It is amazing how bad and bafflingly unfunny this movie is. The morals are so mixed up, the characters are SO annoying, the costumes are beyond unconvincing, and the story makes absolutely no sense.

In this movie's universe, something called "The State Home For The Ugly" exists, which is an institution dedicated to catching ugly people(dogcatcher style) and killing them via walls closing in and crushing them.

It would make for a good episode.

This movie is insane. I just saw it on Netflix.

Its about these ugly kids who fart, piss, and burp all over the place. Thats it for the "plot" as far as I can tell. They are supposed to be a parody of Cabbage Patch Kids.

The kids are played by little people wearing giant robotic rubber heads. Their mouths don't sync up to what they're saying....its a mess.

Genuine performances from the other actors make the wacky shit they're saying and doing so much funnier.

Worth checking out and discussing.

I haven't seen this flick in a while but I remember it being absolutely dreadful. It's available for free if you have Amazon Prime. Not sure about anywhere else. I had just finished my suggestion for Going Bananas and saw the Garbage Pail Kids book I bought on my table and figured it was a good time to send in that suggestion also.

• Like 1

I need to second and third this if possible. Garbage Pail Kids is INSANELY BAD. I have watched it recently and it is horrifically bad. PLEASE DO THIS ONE. You will not be disappointed. Except in the way that people who watch awful movies are disappointed.

You could do an hour just on the first ten minutes of this film. The gang of douche-y 80s bullies chase down Mackenzie Astin for his pocket change? The trashcan from space? WTF? If they don't do this one, I may do my own fan pod cast version.

• Like 1

Here's where it gets weird. The cards this movie was based on were designed by Pulitzer prize winning comic book creator Art Speigelman, creator of Maus.

I tried to watch this movie once, but didn't make it very far because I found everything about it deeply unsettling.

• Like 1

I didn't see this because my parents wouldn't let me have anything related to the Garbage Pail Kids. I'm thinking that was for the best.

I would also like a Garbage Pail Kids episode! I tried watching this a few months ago and had to bail when they starting singing about sharing and caring after about 10 minutes. Please endure this for me, I have not the strength for it myself.

I tried to watch this movie once, but didn't make it very far because I found everything about it deeply unsettling.

Does that mean that, in effect, this is basically "Nothing But Trouble" for kids?

• Like 2

Garbage Pail Kids was made specifically for this podcast! An alien race where they creepily observe a 12 year old naked in the bathtub. One who is obsessed with eating toes. Poop and vomit. And they all JUST so happen to come from a planet where they ALL are FASHION DESIGNERS!! WHATTT????

• Like 1

Fuck! I collected the trading cards as a kid and saw this film when it was new. Couldn't remember a thing about it until I saw it was on DVD. Regrettably I snatched it up and watched. There's a reason I remembered nothing from it. Just plain awful. Shoulda taken it back and got my five bucks back. Oh well...

I didn't see this because my parents wouldn't let me have anything related to the Garbage Pail Kids. I'm thinking that was for the best.

How did anyone see this movie, was it actually released theatrically. I collected the GPK cards as a kid and remember seeing one poster saying a movie was coming and then nothing. Somehow i saw it a few years later on VHS so it was either direct to video or released very limited after a long delay.

I bet this movie is a steaming pile that would be perfect for HDTGM.

Does that mean that, in effect, this is basically "Nothing But Trouble" for kids?

This probably could create the first HDTGM episode where June becomes legitimately ill during the viewing and just refuses to go on air.

• Like 2

I think this needs to be sandwiched in between much more fun bad movies. That's how damaging this is to the minds of viewers.

Holy Shit, i just saw this Netflix. This movie is insane, the giant puppets heads are fucking freaky as hell. the eyes are dead and cold, the mouth don't match the lip sync, there's a character who is constantly pissing his pants and there are BLACK-FACED garbage pail characters.

Put there are fucking tons of inappropriate moments in this movie.

There are tits flopping back and forth during a chase scene, the 30 year old bully of the film is dating a 15 year old, they cover the hero in animal shit from the zoo, and there are musical numbers about working together.

Please Please make this a live event! There is no way in hell that this shouldn't be discussed without an audience.

• Like 1

Can't believe no one has posted the trailer yet. TERRIFYING.

Worth noting that Mackenzie Astin is Sean Astin's half-brother.

Here is a screen shot of one the many WTF moments of the movie......

gpkstatehome.jpg

Yep.....a person is placed in a cage, and sentenced to death by garbage compactor, for being TOO CRIPPLED

Where the hell do you start with what is wrong with this? The fact he's next to a clown, their presentation of what a "Cripple" is?

• Like 4

I'm upset that this still hasn't been reviewed. No movie I have ever seen is this insane. It makes Troll 2 and Birdemic look like art films in comparison. I actually enjoyed watching it, but will admit that I felt sick afterward. Wow. What a movie.

This movie came out after I had thrown out my shoebox of GPK cards (I kept one with my brother's name), I had grown out of this stuff. I've always meant to check this out ever since but never got around to it. The little bits I've seen here and there don't make it out to be too appealing, either. I was pretty grossed out by Nothing But Trouble and the GPK movie seems pretty repelling.

I feel bad about it, but I want you guys to discuss this film. I am not sure if you can get through the whole thing (my friends and I used to try to make it passed 20 min), but I am sure you will end up with the titular line: How did this get made?

Also, please invite Matt Walsh. His comedy is some of the best, and tends to last longer than most.

Thank you guys for an hour of hilarity!