🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 7 (Cinco DeNio's Pick)

I can't believe someone is camping on "CakeBug." You know what you should do? You should file an official Earwolf injunction, that's what you should do.

CakeBug is your goddamn brand! Who knows what they're doing with it!

We'll see how carefully Dan and Shannon are reading these threads to see whether my brand is worth saving...

MOOOOOOO

ETA: to be fair, 'CakeBug' was invented by PFT for a character most often seen on Earwolf podcasts and properties, so the other 'CakeBug' is clearly going for the same tribute as I am. I'm not that mad.

• Like 4

What, I see my name being mentioned, but I've been away what's going on lol

Trying to find where I can find a copy of Rent to watch sometime this weekend. Hmm...

I had a nice little discussion with my parents about musicals the other day or so and found out my mom's best friend likes Rent apparently. I got recommendations from my parents too, they got real chatty when I brought up the subject lol

• Like 6

Trying to find where I can find a copy of Rent to watch sometime this weekend. Hmm...

I had a nice little discussion with my parents about musicals the other day or so and found out my mom's best friend likes Rent apparently. I got recommendations from my parents too, they got real chatty when I brought up the subject lol

"Musical Mondays: Fixing Your Dysfunctional Relationship With Your Parents One Song at a Time."

• Like 6

Also, the full Broadway show is on YouTube. I know it's not the movie, but it might give you a jumping off point.

• Like 2

"Musical Mondays: Fixing Your Dysfunctional Relationship With Your Parents One Song at a Time."

The best thing was, just before I called I was telling my roommate how when I'm on the phone with both my parents at the same time, my dad usually just listens in. But when I brought up the musical discussion, he dominated the conversation for a bit. I was surprised.

They had also just gotten home from seeing Pippin, so I think that helped their excitement.

• Like 4

We'll see how carefully Dan and Shannon are reading these threads to see whether my brand is worth saving...

I cannot in good conscience strip a username from someone who joined in 2012. Even if they only posted once and haven't been back since.

Suggested alternate usernames:

• CakeBug1
  • CakeBug2
  • CakeBug420
  • Cameron C.
  • tomscakes
  • EllenCB
  • pastry ant photo

• Like 9

I cannot in good conscience strip a username from someone who joined in 2012. Even if they only posted once and haven't been back since.

Suggested alternate usernames:

• CakeBug1
  • CakeBug2
  • CakeBug420
  • Cameron C.
  • tomscakes
  • EllenCB
  • pastry ant photo

This is an intriguing list, indeed.

Cakeron B.?

tomspanks' buddy CakeBug?

Cakester Robugto?

Taylor Anne Cakebug?

kateaCakeBug?

JammerCB?

Cake Bert?

Cakeo DeBugo?

I'll have to wait 30 days til my next switch. I'll spend that time sending abusive personal messages to the old fake CakeBug. (no I won't, don't worry Dan)

• Like 8

So I just finished watching Rent: Live on Broadway. And afterward, I took a good, honest look at myself in the mirror and I said three words:

tumblr_mynh8w6n301rskk8io5_500.gif

Also, for people clamoring for insight into my family life, this happened this morning:

We're driving to the grocery story and I put "Rent" on because my son loves to sing it. My wife just sighs and says, "He wants to be just like his Daddy. (Too bad his Daddy isn't cooler...)"

When we get to the grocery store my son is still singing at the top of his lungs, which I'm encouraging by humming the melody, and my wife is trying to quiet him down a bit. He laughs and tells her, "I'm singing with Daddy. Mommy is 'fwrus-tat-ed.'"

• Like 7

So I just finished watching Rent: Live on Broadway. And afterward, I took a good, honest look at myself in the mirror and I said three words:

Also, for people clamoring for insight into my family life, this happened this morning:

We're driving to the grocery story and I put "Rent" on because my son loves to sing it. My wife just sighs and says, "He wants to be just like his Daddy. (Too bad his Daddy isn't cooler...)"

When we get to the grocery store my son is still singing at the top of his lungs, which I'm encouraging by humming the melody, and my wife is trying to quiet him down a bit. He laughs and tells her, "I'm singing with Daddy. Mommy is 'fwrus-tat-ed.'"

I need to watch the Broadway version but I never saw you as Mark. (Not just saying this because you begged for someone to prove you wrong.) I always saw you as Angel, the open-hearted, always-giving, soul of the group. (KIlled any dogs lately?) I know if it hadn't been for your help with all my questions and whatnot behind the scenes I wouldn't be the small part of this group that I am now. (I also apologize for being absent. Been sick for at least the last three days and am still recovering.) If you were gone your loss would be felt by EVERYONE.

Me, on the other hand, I could see as Mark. (Notwithstanding that is my real first name.) Not to talk about the movie but I was never impressed with Mark's character. Seeing the deleted song Halloween in the special features just reinforces that. I wish it would have been left in the film as it would have given him some closure and some compensation for not being with someone at the end.

• Like 6

I need to watch the Broadway version but I never saw you as Mark. (Not just saying this because you begged for someone to prove you wrong.) I always saw you as Angel, the open-hearted, always-giving, soul of the group. (KIlled any dogs lately?) I know if it hadn't been for your help with all my questions and whatnot behind the scenes I wouldn't be the small part of this group that I am now. (I also apologize for being absent. Been sick for at least the last three days and am still recovering.) If you were gone your loss would be felt by EVERYONE.

Me, on the other hand, I could see as Mark. (Notwithstanding that is my real first name.) Not to talk about the movie but I was never impressed with Mark's character. Seeing the deleted song Halloween in the special features just reinforces that. I wish it would have been left in the film as it would have given him some closure and some compensation for not being with someone at the end.

You're too kind! I'm glad you're a part of this, Cinco!

hugged.gif

Sorry, to hear you've been sick. Some kind of bullshit's been going around. I know I've been sick a bunch lately. I hope you feel better soon. :)

• Like 6

You're too kind! I'm glad you're a part of this, Cinco!

hugged.gif

Sorry, to hear you've been sick. Some kind of bullshit's been going around. I know I've been sick a bunch lately. I hope you feel better soon. :)

Thanks. Just have to give the medicines time to work. Should be up and ready for Monday's discussion. (Been bouncing in my seat all week.) Watching Jesus Christ Superstar for the first time now. (Am familiar with the musical through the album and saw it live in Michigan once.)

I wanted to expand on my self-selection as Mark. I love photography as a hobby and am known as the one behind the camera. (I don't take pictures nearly enough as I need to get good at it but I enjoy it when I do.) I spend my life out of the circle, always watching but rarely participating. I thank several of you that picked me as Joanne. I like that selection because she seems to be the fighter of the group. She knows what she wants and is willing to stand and struggle until she gets it. That's what I aspire to. I recently read a description of an extroverted introvert. I need to read some more but that seems to fit me well. I've been a loner but am trying to be more social and contributive. You all help a great deal with that. Thanks!

giphy.gif

• Like 6

This time, may I request that Cam Bert's mom please pick out the most TN-handsome out of the main 8?

• Like 7

Does this mean you and I are going to get an inexplicably large loft that we don't have to pay for?

• Like 5

Does this mean you and I are going to get an inexplicably large loft that we don't have to pay for?

tumblr_inline_nihldinQ2O1rj6snu.gif

Maaaaybe...

• Like 5

Cake Bert?

I have no problem changing my name for this for the next mini-sode, provided I have a worthy C&O.

This time, may I request that Cam Bert's mom please pick out the most TN-handsome out of the main 8?

I will ask but I have a strong suspicion that I already know who it will be. Although she was a Law and Order fiend so that may sway her. If she's game I'll have her rank them all.

• Like 7

Somehow I remembered that the local CD Exchange had Rent in their bargain bin. They still had it, so I picked it up yesterday lol hopefully my roommate and I can watch it today. I'm excited!

• Like 6

Somehow I remembered that the local CD Exchange had Rent in their bargain bin. They still had it, so I picked it up yesterday lol hopefully my roommate and I can watch it today. I'm excited!

tenor.gif

• Like 6

Cam Bert I just posted my JCS thoughts in that thread. Thanks for the opportunity to watch it! I was very impressed with the movie.

• Like 3