đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Episode 283 - Brick of Coffee: LIVE from SXSW

Jason Mantzoukas, Sasheer Zamata, Noel Wells, Horatio Sanz, and Dan Deacon join Matt Besser for live scenes about confusing coffee shop measurements, selling celebrity turds on eBay, and a low-budget rock tour. Plus, Lou Reed seeks snacks, and Dan uses his electronic stylings to supplement a trip through the dreamscape.

283 - Jason Mantzoukas, Sasheer Zamata, Noel Wells, Horatio Sanz

(2:50 - 7:23) Audience Suggestion - “Fireworks” - A coffee shop uses confusing measurements

(7:29 - 15:55) Audience Suggestion - “Haircut” - Selling a celebrity’s literal shit on eBay

(16:01 - 28:40) Let’s Listen to a Song - “When I Was Done Dying” - Doing illegal things is okay if they are done quietly enough

(31:04 - 37:49) Audience Suggestion - “Space Travel” - Passengers on a trip around the moon can’t stand each other

(37:52 - 42:03) Let’s Talk Some More About That - Malaysian flight? - Performing comedy right after a terrible event

(43:03 - 48:59) Audience Suggestion - “Magic Cards” - The birthday girl gets ignored because she doesn’t know Harry Potter very well

(49:07 - 55:03) Let’s Talk Some More About That - Earliest driving license - A band plans the reunion tour after having their driving licenses revoked

(58:57 - 1:04:06) Let’s Talk Some More About That - Lou Reed encounter - Lou Reed seeks snacks

(1:04:22 - 1:12:25) Audience Suggestion - “rated R” - Arrested for stressing out your dad until he got cancer

(1:12:33 - 1:20:48) Question from Audience - “What’s the first lie you remember telling your parents?” - Taking a journey through the dreamscape

This is the best live episode that I've heard in quite some time. Everyone involved was fantastic.

Also, am I the only one who finds it a little odd that Dan Deacon (whose music seems to be very much oriented around electronics) apparently spent quite a long portion of his life not owning a car, a cell phone, or a computer? Was that due to some sort of Neo-Luddism, a lack of disposable income, or something else? Anyway, that's one enigmatic dude....

Sign in to follow this