🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 158.5 - Minisode 158.5

Also, though I am anxiously awaiting the Lake House ep.. I think Sleepwalkers is a good choice!

I do love Stephen King. I read a lot of his novels & short stories when I was in middle school/ Jr. High (and watched a lot of the movies).

Film adaptations of his works usually lean more towards bad--- but if it's bad it's typically the good/fun "bad"... like I would love to hear the gang cover Thinner at some point.

but please post the Lake House ep soon :)

• Like 8

Get ready to see Cole from Charmed do some really bizarre shit in this movie.

Not Cole, Leo! Come on![/nerd]

• Like 3

Whoops ,wishful thinking I guess. Julian McMahon would have also made for a delightful villain in this movie.

• Like 2

I have not listened to the episode yet. I have not seen Sleepwalkers. I have not seen the trailer for Sleepwalkers. What I have done is gone to iTunes and read the first sentence of the movie's description...

Oh, my. Something tells me we're in for something special here.

Mostly incest, and the longest 90 mins of 1992

• Like 1

I feel like they used to play Sleepwalkers a lot on TNT during the mid-90s? Super jazzed for next week now. Also, hi everybody!

• Like 8

I feel like they used to play Sleepwalkers a lot on TNT during the mid-90s?

Sounds like it.

True confessions: I often confused Sleepwalkers with Tommyknockers. Additionally, Sleepwalkers was also that time when Hollywood was trying to make Madchen Amick a thing, and I'd often get her confused with Sherilyn Fenn.

• Like 4

Additionally, Sleepwalkers was also that time when Hollywood was trying to make Madchen Amick a thing, and I'd often get her confused with Sherilyn Fenn.

She's on Riverdale now and I didn't recognize her at all until I saw her name and went, "Wait who the fuck is Madchen playing, oh my god Betty's mom!?" Now of course that I know I recognize her but she definitely disappeared for a while and then just reappeared as a blonde looking PTA mom lol.

• Like 7

Oh my God! I'm watching Sleepwalkers right now and I must have missed a newsletter or something. When did they stop doing bad movies? This is the best thing ever! Fucking flawless! I'm thrilled to be a part of this.

I82JJgl.gif

• Like 10

Okay, I had to (reluctantly) step away from the movie for awhile.

Pro tip: Don't watch this movie with earbuds. Their wet kissing noises in the cemetery...

pbShUZk.gif

Still great though!

• Like 6

yeah so .. this is amazing. i hope the guest has some sort of Psychology background cause this movie is all kinds of nuts. Freud would have wet himself if he was watching it.

i cant wait for this episode.

Pro tip: Don't watch this movie with earbuds. Their wet kissing noises in the cemetery...

I was wearing headphones for it and i thought the same thing ... it's nasty but i love the thought of the adr session. this came to mind

NSFW!!!!

• Like 4

Just realizing Stephen King uses cats a lot in his books/short stories (& movies).. and wondering if he loves cats or hates them?

200.gif#3

cats are also heavily involved in King's Cats Eye (which is based off a couple short stories from Night Shift--the stories are all separate but connected by a cat) and also Pet Sematary (cat resurrected from the dead).

• Like 7

Just realizing Stephen King uses cats a lot in his books/short stories (& movies).. and wondering if he loves cats or hates them?

cats are also heavily involved in King's Cats Eye (which is based off a couple short stories from Night Shift--the stories are all separate but connected by a cat) and also Pet Sematary (cat resurrected from the dead).

I think King loves cats.

Also, I hope everyone keeps posting awesome cat gifs. My body is ready.

42534820d9590ad1993b199d765680c7.gif

• Like 6

I think King loves cats.

I'm leaning that way too--- even though there's a lot of dead cats & then the cat-like.. vampires? (not sure what they are) in this movie.... A cat is the hero. And in Cat's Eye, in the final story the cat initially gets a bad wrap but too ends up being the hero.

200.gif#86

Seconded for more cat gifs :

200.gif#18

• Like 5

Did…did some—dammit…did someone say…did someone say ca—DAMMIT…did someone say cat GIFs?

b204d5f93969173c81e7871e1052177c.gif

• Like 8

If I recall correctly, Cam Bert succeeded, but, yeah, Paul's super crafty.

I did, but he did call me a new poster I believe. I've accepted that my user name is generic and easily forgettable.

This was before my time - what were the names everyone used?

Mine was Camarasaurs Bert. I relish any chance I have to drop dinosaur knowledge. It makes 6 year old me feel validated.

I think King loves cats.

I think cats are his second favourite animal. Right behind billy-bumblers.

Also, here's for you

1.gif

• Like 5

2 of my favourite classic cat gifs are...

The "WTF are you doing?" cat...

b8564f7d173df5b6f1495ee1f0320076.jpg

And the "It was you" cat...

omg-it-was-you.gif

• Like 4

I'm disappointed in everyone (including myself) that no one has yet mentioned the best (non-Simpsons) version of the "Maniac Limbs Grafted Onto Unfortunate Nice Guy, Thus Making Nice Guy a Maniac" plot, 1935's Mad Love, starring the always wonderfully creeptastic Peter Lorre (adapted from the novel Hands of Orlac). I should have posted about it in the main thread, like, a week ago but I failed you and I am sorry.

05fcaa7e290583164010c03f0acf5454.jpg

8538dcdd890c99e6ef292aeddc2defcf.jpg

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this