๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 60 โ€” Bring the Raw Bone

Mac and The Q Crew, together again! Rob McElhenney, fresh off the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia season premiere, stops by Sklarbro Country to discuss the manliest of subjects: Smoking, fighting, power lifting and, of course, fatherhood. Following that interview we have Bryant Gumbel who talks to us about, well, following up interviews. Plus we've got sports news courtesy of Paul Hamm, Manny Ramirez, and the NHL. Hello and "HENDERSON!" to any new listeners, and be sure to pick up a limited edition signed copy of Hendersons and Daughters from the Earwolf store.

Mac and The Q Crew, together again! Rob McElhenney, fresh off the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia season premiere, stops by Sklarbro Country to discuss the manliest of subjects: Smoking, fighting, power lifting and, of course, fatherhood. Following that interview we have Bryant Gumbel who talks to us about, well, following up interviews. Plus we've got sports news courtesy of Paul Hamm, Manny Ramirez, and the NHL. Hello and "HENDERSON!" to any new listeners, and be sure to pick up a limited edition signed copy of Hendersons and Daughters from the Earwolf store.

I love how Rob was like the anti-Morgan Spurlock during his weight gain for 'Sunny.' I expected him to say that he didn't feel well, not that fattening up made him "jolly." I have last night's season premiere DVRed; I can't wait to watch it!
-
My goal for today: try and find a way to work the term "raw bone" into a conversation. Thanks for expanding my vocabulary, Bryant!

I love how Rob was like the anti-Morgan Spurlock during his weight gain for 'Sunny.' I expected him to say that he didn't feel well, not that fattening up made him "jolly." I have last night's season premiere DVRed; I can't wait to watch it!
-
My goal for today: try and find a way to work the term "raw bone" into a conversation. Thanks for expanding my vocabulary, Bryant!

For some reason I could NOT stop laughing at the dad-level awareness of video games. No sarcasm, either. I can't explain why, but it came across as really endearing.

For future reference, EA Sports is a developer/publisher. The games are played either on a computer or a console (XBox 360 or Playstation 3). Saying "She plays NHL Hockey on EA Sports" is sort of like saying "She listens to the Fleet Foxes on her Sub Pop".

Damn, I love this show. HHHHEEEENNNNDDDDEEEERRRRSSSSOOOONNNN!

For some reason I could NOT stop laughing at the dad-level awareness of video games. No sarcasm, either. I can't explain why, but it came across as really endearing.

For future reference, EA Sports is a developer/publisher. The games are played either on a computer or a console (XBox 360 or Playstation 3). Saying "She plays NHL Hockey on EA Sports" is sort of like saying "She listens to the Fleet Foxes on her Sub Pop".

Damn, I love this show. HHHHEEEENNNNDDDDEEEERRRRSSSSOOOONNNN!

Rob was a delight, he should be on more podcasts, and I can't wait to see the Sklars on It's Always Sunny. Also how fast did he lose those 50 pounds?? Impressive stuff, I fully support comedic weight gain.

Rob was a delight, he should be on more podcasts, and I can't wait to see the Sklars on It's Always Sunny. Also how fast did he lose those 50 pounds?? Impressive stuff, I fully support comedic weight gain.

Great episode, guys! After enjoying appearances from pretty much the whole cast of "It's Always Sunny...", I guess I'll have to submit to the peer pressure and put it in my Netflix queue. Also, I'm really glad my car was parked by the time you guys launched into the bit about the 14-year-old girl avatar in the video game; I was laughing so hard I was crying! I better start on my handwritten letter demanding a female kicker avatar for Madden 2012.

Great episode, guys! After enjoying appearances from pretty much the whole cast of "It's Always Sunny...", I guess I'll have to submit to the peer pressure and put it in my Netflix queue. Also, I'm really glad my car was parked by the time you guys launched into the bit about the 14-year-old girl avatar in the video game; I was laughing so hard I was crying! I better start on my handwritten letter demanding a female kicker avatar for Madden 2012.

Great ep, one of the best in recent memoryโ€ฆand I'm SO GLAD to hear someone else who thinks HD TVs have gone too far. We were watching a movie the other night on my friend's brand new TV and honestly, I felt like I was on the soundstage with the actors, watching them perform. No good at all, totally destroys any willful suspension of disbelief. I'd take standard def over THAT quality of HD. Luckily, my HD TV is only so-so.

Oooh good question, Ripkens.....I'm going to have to say Gumble was a nice little breath of fresh air after so much Jenner, but I think that Jenner might edge out the funniness a little bit since he's got a high profile- I like the good mix...

Sign in to follow this