🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays-Week 8-Rent

No I like Rosario Dawson and always have since I first saw Josie & The Pussycats, haha

OMG JOSIE AND THE PUSSYCATS THOUGH

(and now I have another movie added to my list of picks)

• Like 2

It is, but I'll be honest, I checked out both in the movie and stage version. That crap was obnoxious! Although, purposefully so. So...congrats?

Maybe she's saying we're all just bovine, but there's beauty and strength in that and we can still rebel against the oppressive ranchers...

Or something...

Oh and I think the whole "cow" thing is because her performance is influenced by the nursery rhyme "Hey Diddle Diddle"

To go off more from what Cameron said...I think she's using it as a metaphor by telling the "renters" & homeless to take a leap of faith ("jump over the moon", like the cow does) and rebel against Benny/ the authority?

I'm not sure... trying to make more sense of it, but still think it was obnoxious as well

• Like 4

OMG JOSIE AND THE PUSSYCATS THOUGH

(and now I have another movie added to my list of picks)

I was thinking the same about putting on my list, but was afraid it would not be appreciated.

Soo glad to know someone else likes it too!

200.gif#0

• Like 4

THE BEST costuming, though? That goes to Angel's "Pussy Galore" jacket:

angel__pussy_galor__jacket_by_kawaiibakeneko-d60365a.jpg

She's straight up got shower rings on that bitch.

Ohhh that is awesome!!

And yeah, I think the costuming didn't work well in the movie, especially with the line during Angel's funeral "you'd find an old table cloth on the street and make a dress..." but all of her outfits looked store bought, not homemade, so I was confused. I kept wondering how much money she made by killing that dog lol

• Like 6

Ohhh that is awesome!!

And yeah, I think the costuming didn't work well in the movie, especially with the line during Angel's funeral "you'd find an old table cloth on the street and make a dress..." but all of her outfits looked store bought, not homemade, so I was confused. I kept wondering how much money she made by killing that dog lol

She wears a version of that jacket in the movie, but like the rest of the costuming, it just looks too pristine and - like you said - store-bought. (It still has the shower rings, though)

• Like 5

A thousand dollar guarantee. Tax free and a bonus if she trims the tree.

• Like 5

A thousand dollar guarantee. Tax free and a bonus if she trims the tree.

jeanralphio-freemoney.gif

• Like 7

I was thinking the same & thought about putting on my list, but was afraid it would not be appreciated.

Soo glad to know someone else likes it too!

200.gif#0

That movie is perfection and still holds up! We must do it now!

• Like 2

Oh and I think the whole "cow" thing is because her performance is influenced by the nursery rhyme "Hey Diddle Diddle"

To go off more from what Cameron said...I think she's using it as a metaphor by telling the "renters" & homeless to take a leap of faith ("jump over the moon", like the cow does) and rebel against Benny/ the authority?

I'm not sure... trying to make more sense of it, but still think it was obnoxious as well

Also, the whole scene exists to show her as a self-important performance artist. I didn't really get how much of a parody of bad performance art it was supposed to be (because soooo much of the humor is lost in the film version), but ITSV, it's much funnier. And then there's this clip of Idina doing it (ignore the loud-ass audience):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9-zp6NhZWA

I feel like the film is never sure if they should go big in moments like this, which is what makes it work on stage. Idina just fucking goes right over the moon with it, and it makes it really funny. But, again, I think it's one of those things where you can go that big on stage, and it's a lot harder to do on film.

• Like 7

SIX PAGES ALREADY? Good lord, you're animals. I go out to campus for one day and this is what happens?

Grumble grumble all my good observations are probably gone grumble grumble

• Like 4

SIX PAGES ALREADY? Good lord, you're animals. I go out to campus for one day and this is what happens?

This is what happens when you aren't around on Mondays (i.e., me every week except this one)

• Like 6

The Ultimate "How 'Le Vie Boheme' Are You?" Quiz

Are you "Boheme" enough to hang out with our beloved Renters? To play, review each item from the song "Le Vie Boheme" and rank how meaningful it is to you and the way you live your life each and everyday.

3-Very Important

2-Somewhat Important

1-Not At All Important

0-I don't Even Know What That is

(Googling is cheating. If you have to Google it, it isn't a "thing" for you. Don't be a lame-o.)

1) Days of inspiration

2) Playing Hookey

3) Making something out of nothing

4) The need to express

5) ...to communicate

6) To go against the grain

7) ...Going insane

8) ...Going mad

9) ...Loving tension

10) No pension

11) To more than one dimension

12) ...starving for attention

13) Hating convention

14) Hating pretension

15) Hating Mom and Dad

16) To riding you bike mid-day past the three pieced suits.

17) To fruits

18)..no absolutes

19) To Absolut

20) To choice

21) To the Village Voice

22) To any passing fad

23) To being an "us" instead of "them."

24) Hand-crafted beers made in local breweries.

25) Yoga

26) Yogurt

27) Rice and Beans

28) Cheese

29) Leather

30) Dildos

31) Curry Vindaloo

32) Huevos Rancheros

33) Maya Angelou

34) Emotion

35) Devotion

36) Causing a commotion

37) Creation

38) Vacation

39) Mucho masturbation

40) Compassion

41) Fashion

42) Passion (when it's new)

43) Sontag

44) Sondheim

45) Anything taboo

46) Ginsberg

47) Dylan

48) Cunningham

49) Cage

50) Lenny Bruce

51) Langston Hughes

52) The stage

53) To Uta

54) To Buddha

55) Pablo Neruda

56) If you were Dorothy and/or Toto, would you go over the rainbow to "blow off" Auntie Em?

57) Bisexuals

58) Trisexuals

59) Homo Sapiens

60) Carcinogens

61) Hallucinations

62) Men

63) Pee-wee Herman

64) German Wine

65) Turpentine

66) Gertrude Stein

67) Antoniotti

68) Bertolucci

69) Kurosawa

70) Carmina Burana

71) Apathy

72) Entropy

73) Empathy

74) Ecstasy

75) Vaclav Havel

76) The Sex Pistols

77) 8BC

78) No Shame

79) Never playing the "Fame Game."

80) Marijuana

81) Sodomy

82) S&M

Score of 201-246

You're an Angel!

giphy.gif

You have full embraced the Bohemian Lifestyle! People envy your free spirit but love you for your kind heart. You live each and everyday to the fullest. Just being around you helps others appreciate their own pitiful lives. Be careful, though. A spark can't burn forever...

Score of 151-200

Moo! You're Maureen!

tumblr_llly5hGSZd1qc57io.gif

While you believe in many of the tenets of La Vie Boheme, you don't quite understand all of it. To compensate, you sometimes go overboard in a spectacularly uncomfortable fashion. However, sad sacks and losers seem to be uncontrollably attracted to you.

Sore of 101-150

Eww, gross! You're a Mark. Sorry about that.

tumblr_lsn7m7es1B1qb9cfso4_250.gif

You want to be a part of the group, you really do, but the problem is...well, frankly, the problem is the group doesn't really want to be around you. But don't worry, you always have all that masturbation to fall back on.

Score of 51-100

Oh, fuck you, Benny!

tumblr_m59wxdy6NA1r0nlz7o1_500.gif

You used to be cool, bro! You used to be cool! But you sold out! You sold out and you forgot all about your pals. You're the worst!

Score of 0-50

Oh, Evita...

tumblr_mkfe4yDRJo1rl08zao1_500.gif

The Renters are actively out to get you...

502954_1223338394.gif

• Like 8

It took me, like, 10-15 of those to realize Cameron wasn't posting song titles.

I was like, "Damn, I thought I knew WAY more of these!"

I might have skimmed the instructions. That counts for something, right?

55) Pablo Neruda

Toooooooooooooooooooooo

• Like 6

All those open tabs were for naught!

a2cbd8acd8f67b2b2e4b7459ead4e3ff.gif

The Ultimate "How 'Le Vie Boheme' Are You?" Quiz

31) Curry Vindaloo

77) 8BC

So, I never had Indian food until college. The first time at an Indian restaurant, the only thing I recognized was vindaloo, so I ended up ordering it. I mean, they sung about it, so it must be good right? Ohhhh boy, I love spicy things, but it was on another level of spiciness.

Regarding 8BC

I actually Googled it when I rewatched it. All this time, I thought they were toasting to a random year, like 9AD or something.

• Like 5

So, I never had Indian food until college. The first time at an Indian restaurant, the only thing I recognized was vindaloo, so I ended up ordering it. I mean, they sung about it, so it must be good right? Ohhhh boy, I love spicy things, but it was on another level of spiciness.

Regarding 8BC

I actually Googled it when I rewatched it. All this time, I thought they were toasting to a random year, like 9AD or something.

I was planning on making some vindaloo this week :)

(I love to cook.)

• Like 4

I was planning on making some vindaloo this week :)

(I love to cook.)

Oh yeah? The kids eat that? What recipe do you use? The thought of making Indian food at home intimidates me. I did make naan over the weekend though!

• Like 4

Oh yeah? The kids eat that? What recipe do you use? The thought of making Indian food at home intimidates me. I did make naan over the weekend though!

I love naan!

And, no, of course not. My kid's don't eat anything that doesn't have a cartoon character on the box. You kidding me?

I'm going to try this recipe. I've never made it from scratch before. It should be exciting.

• Like 6

I love naan!

And, no, of course not. My kid's don't eat anything that doesn't have a cartoon character on the box. You kidding me?

I'm going to try this recipe. I've never made it from scratch before. It should be exciting.

Lamb vindaloo is one of my favorite foods. I've never tried making it, though.

• Like 3

To be fair, 4 of the 6 pages were a discussion on which Iron Fist character was which Rent character.

• Like 6

I love naan!

Let us know how it turns out.

Lamb vindaloo is one of my favorite foods. I've never tried making it, though.

I'm partial to korma, myself.

Back to Rent for a bit. When Benny sings "Our dream can become a reality, you'll see boys" it reminded me of this from Father Ted.

father-dougal-dreams-reality-i0.gif

I think Benny's underrated. He sings my favorite line from Rent.

You want to produce films and write songs?

You need somewhere to do it!

It's what we used to dream about.

Think twice before you poo-poo it.

• Like 7

Let us know how it turns out.

I'm partial to korma, myself.

Back to Rent for a bit. When Benny sings "Our dream can become a reality, you'll see boys" it reminded me of this from Father Ted.

father-dougal-dreams-reality-i0.gif

I think Benny's underrated. He sings my favorite line from Rent.

You want to produce films and write songs?

You need somewhere to do it!

It's what we used to dream about.

Think twice before you poo-poo it.

Are you watching Father Ted now? Beware of Spider-Babies. They have the body of a spider, but the mind of a baby...

ETA: I'm thinking of starting a cooking blog. I'll let you know when I get started with it :)

• Like 3

To be fair, 4 of the 6 pages were a discussion on which Iron Fist character was which Rent character.

Danny = Roger

Colleen = Collins

Madame Gao = Angel

Harold = Maureen

Joy and Ward = Mark

Claire = Mimi

Drunken master = Benny (the secret hero of the whole thing)

ETA: Forgot to add Hogarth = Joanne

• Like 5

I see what you did there

Ha! I didn't! I was like, "That's interesting..."

• Like 3

Are you watching Father Ted now? Beware of Spider-Babies. They have the body of a spider, but the mind of a baby...

ETA: I'm thinking of starting a cooking blog. I'll let you know when I get started with it :)

Z8O50iw.jpg

• Like 4