🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays-Week 8-Rent

Have you tried this? A little sweet but not bad.

final-bottle-1-1-296x1024.png

I've had once and did like it! but when I do (rarely) drink, I do go for sweet/mixed drinks.

• Like 1

I've had once and did like it! but when I do (rarely) drink, I do go for sweet/mixed drinks.

Forum game. What's the drink that your best friend or significant other knows to order for you while they're waiting for you at the bar? Doesn't have to be alcoholic.

• Like 1

I may not be qualified to comment on the quality of beer products, but I am ALL IN on beer products that utilize black metal and corpse paint in their marketing. This is why I am glad the craft beer industry exists. Far more interesting shit goes on, both in the imagery and in the actual product, than in the conglomerated concoctions hoisted upon the world by InBev and its associated subsidiaries.

giphy.gif

Maybe I do belong singing "La Vie Boheme"? Am I insufferable enough?

I will say that the artwork on Jester King's bottles is AMAZING. My friends and I bought a couple bottles of Black Metal before we even heard of the brewery based on the artwork alone.

does that solidify my Benny-status?

9d6ab2d4-dec1-48c2-ab05-f09a0b6f0a38.gif

• Like 6

Whoa whoa whoa, I didn't mean to throw everyone off track here. I was just riffing on Fister's "pretentiousness" comment.

Back to the subject of hand:

label_thumb_14104001000481_front.jpg

• Like 6

Forum game. What's the drink that your best friend or significant other knows to order for you while they're waiting for you at the bar? Doesn't have to be alcoholic.

My best friend is always late, so I'm usually waiting for him at the bar....

• Like 2

My best friend is always late, so I'm usually waiting for him at the bar....

If I were him I would be late all the time too. It's a lot of fun for you to slide his drink over and for him to say "Domo Arigato, Fister Roboto".

• Like 6

Mine's been pretty much unsweetened iced tea for a long time. I'm not much of a drinker but do a lot of road races and know a LOT of drinkers with a running problem. Been curious and, unlike Cameron H., have let my curiosity get the best of me. I think I'll go back to teetotaling. I can be the designated driver and beer and wine don't do much for me.

• Like 4

I will say that the artwork on Jester King's bottles is AMAZING. My friends and I bought a couple bottles of Black Metal before we even heard of the brewery based on the artwork alone.

9d6ab2d4-dec1-48c2-ab05-f09a0b6f0a38.gif

That's gotta hurt - not even the original, but a bobo Benny.

• Like 4

usually a water or soda*. And I'm partial to:

200.gif#83

* and now I am wondering where everyone stands in the "soda" vs. "pop" (vs. "coke"?) debate

• Like 6

* and now I am wondering where everyone stands in the "soda" vs. "pop" (vs. "coke"?) debate

Soda here. I never drink the stuff though (except for seltzer).

• Like 3

I'm not gonna lie, it does hurt. but probably a little deserved since I did not like Furious 7..

• Like 4

200.gif#83

Soda. And I too only drink the ones that hold advanced degrees.

• Like 3

Soda. And I too only drink the ones that hold advanced degrees.

200.gif#0

Good enough for Forrest Gump, good enough for me

• Like 3

200.gif#0

Good enough for Forrest Gump, good enough for me

But you're kateaCOLA.

• Like 4

But you're kateaCOLA.

200.gif#4

Damn, you got me haha.

I do like coke & pepsi too..but dr pepper is my favorite.

But lately I've been cutting back on soda, coffee, etc.. & trying to drink only (and more) water in general.

and I'm not original and this has been my username for everything since I was 12, lol

• Like 6

I like that Benny better

• Like 2

200.gif#83

Coke.

Dr. Pepper is made from the blood of angels.

• Like 4

Unsweet ice tea.

Growing up in Michigan I always called it "pop", but since moving to Texas I have programmed myself to say "soda". I did, however, let the word "pop" slip this past week, which just made everyone laugh.

• Like 4

Unsweet ice tea.

Growing up in Michigan I always called it "pop", but since moving to Texas I have programmed myself to say "soda". I did, however, let the word "pop" slip this past week, which just made everyone laugh.

Me too! (Ypsilanti). I am trying to cut back on sodas but Diet Vernor's will always have a sentimental place in my heart. Back in 1996 my mom had bone cancer and Diet Vernor's was the only thing she could keep down.

When I moved to Texas in 2005 (moved to Delaware in 2009) I heard about "coke" but never heard anyone actually say it.

• Like 4

Me too! (Ypsilanti). I am trying to cut back on sodas but Diet Vernor's will always have a sentimental place in my heart. Back in 1996 my mom had bone cancer and Diet Vernor's was the only thing she could keep down.

When I moved to Texas in 2005 (moved to Delaware in 2009) I heard about "coke" but never heard anyone actually say it.

I don't drink ginger ale often, but I'm glad that the HEB near me carries Vernor's in case I ever want any. Now my favorite Faygo flavor Rock & Rye... well, tbh Big Red to me tastes like a non-cream version of it, so I guess I'm okay lol

When I was back in Michigan I used to have a friend who grew up in Georgia and she would call all soft drinks "coke". Her favorite was Dr. Pepper.

• Like 4

Also, the whole scene exists to show her as a self-important performance artist. I didn't really get how much of a parody of bad performance art it was supposed to be (because soooo much of the humor is lost in the film version), but ITSV, it's much funnier. And then there's this clip of Idina doing it (ignore the loud-ass audience):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9-zp6NhZWA

I feel like the film is never sure if they should go big in moments like this, which is what makes it work on stage. Idina just fucking goes right over the moon with it, and it makes it really funny. But, again, I think it's one of those things where you can go that big on stage, and it's a lot harder to do on film.

I never properly thanked you for posting this. Not only did it help me understand the performance a LOT more vis a vis the musical but "The only thing to do is JUMP over the moon!" is a persistent earworm. Maybe "Thank you" is not the right phrase. :P

• Like 5

I never properly thanked you for posting this. Not only did it help me understand the performance a LOT more vis a vis the musical but "The only thing to do is JUMP over the moon!" is a persistent earworm. Maybe "Thank you" is not the right phrase. :P

For me, that performance is kind of the key that unlocked the rest of the story for me. During that scene in the movie, I was like, "Am I supposed to be taking these people seriously?" And when I watched the stage version is when I realized the answer was....sometimes.

• Like 6

24 Hour Party Pizza,

I sent you a PM, but just in case you didn't see it, were you still planning on suggesting a Musical on Monday? I know you can't participate all the time, so I just wanted to make sure you were still interested. If not, it will be Ellenmc's turn.

Just let us know :)

Thanks!

• Like 3

24 Hour Party Pizza,

I sent you a PM, but just in case you didn't see it, were you still planning on suggesting a Musical on Monday? I know you can't participate all the time, so I just wanted to make sure you were still interested. If not, it will be Ellenmc's turn.

Just let us know :)

Thanks!

Smokey and the Bandit has some good songs (neither diegetic or important to the movie plot). Does that count? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Kateacola,

I've sent PM's to both 24 Hour Party Pizza and Ellenmc regarding their upcoming picks, but I haven't heard back from them. It doesn't look like either of them have been on the boards for awhile. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow morning, would you be ready to announce your pick?

• Like 4