Episode 159 - Sleepwalkers

168 replies to this topic

#161 jorvackian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:20 AM

There is an entertainment precedent for June's theory that perhaps as Sleepwalkers the characters are not Mother and Son, but perhaps just buddies or co-workers. I present exhibit A - the sitcom THIRD ROCK FROM THE SUN - in which the aliens appear as a family, but are different ages and are not related. This will be known in future episodes as the THIRD ROCK FROM THE SUN defense.

Or it really is incest.

#162 Kevin King

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 10:00 AM

This was an all time classic episode for me. I've listened to it like 5 times since last Friday.

#163 ElieB

Bald

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 08 April 2017 - 12:33 PM

View Postjorvackian, on 06 April 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

There is an entertainment precedent for June's theory that perhaps as Sleepwalkers the characters are not Mother and Son, but perhaps just buddies or co-workers. I present exhibit A - the sitcom THIRD ROCK FROM THE SUN - in which the aliens appear as a family, but are different ages and are not related. This will be known in future episodes as the THIRD ROCK FROM THE SUN defense.

Or it really is incest.

Nailed it. We're with you June.

Posted Image
Heavy Sigh... - "the British woman"

#164 Fister Roboto

#likesanimals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:37 PM

View PostKevin King, on 08 April 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

This was an all time classic episode for me. I've listened to it like 5 times since last Friday.

Totally agree! I didn't totally enjoy watching the movie like I do with some of the others that are enjoyably bad watches, but everything about the ep was fucking wonderful. I love the change-up in the dynamic of studio eps; I love any time June is able to make it (although I'm 100% understanding of why she's had to be out a bunch over the last year or so); and I am SO happy that LL is finally on an ep. It all just turned into the perfect storm of amazingness.
"Fuck this fucking movie!" -Cameron H

#165 Society Max

Ⓜⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • LocationⓂⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:34 AM

View Postjorvackian, on 06 April 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

Posted Image

And much like June's Sleepwalkers theory, the THIRD ROCK FROM THE SUN aliens kept the family pretext as their "inside joke" ;)

#166 24 Hour Party Pizza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCascadia

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:50 PM

Randomly came across this Sleepwalkers poster from Ghana:

Posted Image

#167 Society Max

Ⓜⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • LocationⓂⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:49 AM

View Post24 Hour Party Pizza, on 05 May 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

Randomly came across this Sleepwalkers poster from Ghana:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#168 ElieB

Bald

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:29 AM

Hahaha that is fannnnntastic artwork. I especially like how her right foot is just a cat's face.
Heavy Sigh... - "the British woman"

#169 emdawg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:16 PM

This episode reminded me of watching Children of the Corn. There's a scene in Children of the Corn that literally made me cry laughing because of the ridiculous CGI. Please do this movie for your podcast. It would be awesome.