🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 8 (Kateacola's Pick)

Why did they give Falkor two tails? Rockbiter looks like a badass Jaws, but I prefer the goofy looking original.

I think that's one tail, but it's trailing off in the distance.

I wish the artist had done a rendering of that dork Bastian.*

for real he was my hero when i was 7

• Like 5

I think that's one tail, but it's trailing off in the distance.

I wish the artist had done a rendering of that dork Bastian.*

for real he was my hero when i was 7

Lol, that makes more sense.

#teamAtreyu

ETA: OMG, this is Bastian now.

Barrett-Oliver-then-and-now-641029.jpg

• Like 5

No, I am on your side. We love Falcor because he's very clearly a big-ass puppet that Bastian had to physically get up on and act with. CGI dragons won't give us that: little feral Pete is acting with a tennis ball on a stick. Our childhood aesthetic owes a great deal to the Henson Workshop and becoming emotionally invested in socks with ping-pong ball eyes. Lord, the tears I had when Kermit sang 'Rainbow Connection' in the Muppets reboot a few years ago? Criminy.

Pretty sure I mentioned before that my first favorite show was The Muppets. There's just something I really like about tangible creatures and practical effects. Even if they're kinda goofy. I love puppet Yoda way more than CGI Yoda. And it's not like technology for them hasn't advanced. There are some very expressive puppets out there. I wonder if they see CGI as more cost effective? I'm not sure how the financial side compares, I just know what I like better lol

• Like 6

Pretty sure I mentioned before that my first favorite show was The Muppets. There's just something I really like about tangible creatures and practical effects. Even if they're kinda goofy. I love puppet Yoda way more than CGI Yoda. And it's not like technology for them hasn't advanced. There are some very expressive puppets out there. I wonder if they see CGI as more cost effective? I'm not sure how the financial side compares, I just know what I like better lol

If you didn't/don't love the Muppets, you are absolutely dead inside.

• Like 6

I can't decide what I would hate more, rewatching Across the Universe or rewatching The Lake House...

I really hope Lake House is the next ep...I watched it (what feels like) forever ago ..

hqdefault.jpg

And also do not want to have to watch again

But also, I think Tommy trumps both of those.. I don't know if I could ever watch that again

• Like 6

I really hope Lake House the next ep...I watched it (what feels like) forever ago ..

hqdefault.jpg

And also do not want to have to watch again

This is why y'all gotta follow my lead and wait until Paul says so :P

But also my mom always loves to tell me when my "favorite movie" is on TV and I've hate watched it a few times in my life to really figure out that it's a shitty movie lol.

So yeah I will be hate watching it again as soon as Paul tells me I need to.

• Like 7

Ok, so I'm 15 minutes into Pete's Dragon and I have been infuriated at least 7 times already HOLY SHIT HOW AM I GOING TO MAKE IT THROUGH THIS?

giphy.gif

• Like 6

Ok, so I'm 15 minutes into Pete's Dragon and I have been infuriated at least 7 times already HOLY SHIT HOW AM I GOING TO MAKE IT THROUGH THIS?

giphy.gif

200.gif#4

• Like 7

c8a0b60df193f2e5d40ac3a18333d98b.gif

• Like 7

Glad to be putting on a show for you...

giphy.gif

For real though, Helen Reddy is a heaping bowl of charm in this one though. All credit to her. So there's that.

• Like 5

I have... I have just 20 minutes to go. It is almost completed....

giphy.gif

Quasar in 20 mins:

dPRLeI.gif

• Like 7

Quasar in 20 mins:

dPRLeI.gif

Perfect since my thoughts while watching this selection...

giphy.gif

In all seriousness though, kateacola, I love this fact that these movie discussions exist. Thank you for picking a movie I never would have watched otherwise. I may be putting on a Grumpy Gus front, but I wouldn't be posting here if this whole endeavor wasn't a complete joy. Thank you everyone!

• Like 6

I watched it too, since I had to know what I was getting us all into..

While watching I couldn't help but think :

200.gif#0

I'm sure there will be plenty to discuss, so I'm glad I picked.

Now to wait until Monday to talk about... :mellow:

• Like 5

I showed my kids the clips that they have on IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076538/videogallery?ref_=tt_pv_vi_sm) and they're pretty interested, so we're watching as a family on Friday. So, if my children cry, kate, I'll know who to blame... My daughter's particularly excited about "the silly bad guys."

I've now had the damn song 'It's Not Easy' in my head for 24 straight hours.

"He's got... the head of a camel..."

• Like 6

I showed my kids the clips that they have on IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/...ef_=tt_pv_vi_sm) and they're pretty interested, so we're watching as a family on Friday. So, if my children cry, kate, I'll know who to blame... My daughter's particularly excited about "the silly bad guys."

I've now had the damn song 'It's Not Easy' in my head for 24 straight hours.

"He's got... the head of a camel..."

200.gif#4

Hopefully they don't cry, haha.

Yeah there's a few songs that are catchy AF... and one of my favorites in the movie is one "the silly bad guys" sing.

OK, I'll stop talking about the movie now..

• Like 4

I learned my lesson about watching these (and HDTGM) movies too far in advance...

tumblr_lqgk3cuLEJ1qaimf2o9_250.gif

• Like 6

I learned my lesson about watching these (and HDTGM) movies too far in advance...

tumblr_lqgk3cuLEJ1qaimf2o9_250.gif

200.gif#0

• Like 7

Getting ready to go meet up with CakeBug...

pcRs83I.gif

• Like 8