Musical Mondays Off-Week 8 (Kateacola's Pick)

Fun & Games HDTGM Musicals

156 replies to this topic

#141 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,366 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 08 April 2017 - 01:53 AM

View PostCam Bert, on 08 April 2017 - 12:26 AM, said:

I had a choice today between going to see Lego Batman and watching Pete's Dragon. I decided to go with the later but rest assured Lego Batman I will be watching you soon.

Also, are you all sure you want me to go with Jeff Conway and not Mickey Rooney?

Um, Mickey Rooney's mine, Cam Bert...

Posted Image
Violet: I've never failed to complete.
Ultraviolet (2006)

Lecturer: Children smoke - a reefer stick! Thinking it to be an ordinary, perfectly harmless cigarette.
Reefer Madness (2005)

#142 Cam Bert

Foreign Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationOsaka, Japan

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:31 AM

View PostCameron H., on 08 April 2017 - 01:53 AM, said:

Um, Mickey Rooney's mine, Cam Bert...

Posted Image

Jimminy jillickers! I'm sorry I forgot about him in that movie.
My Howdy sense is tingling. Break out Google maps and my abacus...there's a C&O to be solved! And this time, it's personal...
(credit to Elektra and Cameron H)

#143 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,366 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:44 AM

View PostCam Bert, on 08 April 2017 - 03:31 AM, said:

SOMEBODY hasn't been keeping up with my Letterboxd reviews then...

Posted Image
Ultraviolet (2006)

Lecturer: Children smoke - a reefer stick! Thinking it to be an ordinary, perfectly harmless cigarette.
Reefer Madness (2005)

#144 Cam Bert

Foreign Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationOsaka, Japan

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:51 AM

View PostCameron H., on 08 April 2017 - 03:44 AM, said:

SOMEBODY hasn't been keeping up with my Letterboxd reviews then...

Posted Image

I just remembered now. It's been a very long week.

Posted Image

Can you forgive me?
My Howdy sense is tingling. Break out Google maps and my abacus...there's a C&O to be solved! And this time, it's personal...
(credit to Elektra and Cameron H)

#145 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,366 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:54 AM

View PostCam Bert, on 08 April 2017 - 03:51 AM, said:

I just remembered now. It's been a very long week.

Posted Image

Can you forgive me?

Oh! I can never stay mad at you...

Posted Image

Sorry your week has sucked. You were missed.
Ultraviolet (2006)

Reefer Madness (2005)

#146 CakeBug Tranch

Loyal Tompkastaway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • LocationSchmocation

Posted 08 April 2017 - 04:59 AM

View PostCam Bert, on 08 April 2017 - 03:31 AM, said:

Solid Fall Out Boy pull, Cam.

Posted Image
Mark: "But I thought we are all orpans." Deep Down inside, we all are, Miami Connection

Dorothy Shaw: "I like a man who can run faster than I can." Choosy, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

No-Prize Champion
Vampire's Kiss; xXx: Return of Xander Cage; Body Parts; The Running Man

#147 kateacola

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:24 AM

View PostCakeBug Tranch, on 08 April 2017 - 04:59 AM, said:

Solid Fall Out Boy pull, Cam.

Posted Image

Yes! One of my all time favorite Simpsons eps

Posted Image

#148 Society Max

Ⓜⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • LocationⓂⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:14 PM

Spoiler

1st of all... I got here because in the miniepisode thread taylorannephoto posted about Cam Bert and The Lake House and now that I clicked and post here for the 1st time Its like a new world has been opened (A world that I now know began and has been around since December 2016 when Fister Roboto posted the Musical Mondays thread because of a Cameron H suggestion)

2. I don't consider myself much of a "Musicals" guy and its not because I dislike them or anything I think its because I live in Venezuela and I was not exposed to musical theatre growing up and I've just made a quick google search and if I don't count animated Disney films because they dub them and change the songs ("Frozen" is my favourite of those) "Enchanted" and "This is Spinal Tap" are the 2 musical movies I know and love (I wish this does not bumb you guys and girls out) but all of that does not mean I suddenly can't get 100% into musicals from now on thanks to this forum game ;)

3. WOW!!! So good to hear about the Cameron H, Cake BugTranch Meet-Up
Posted Image

4. To get into the "Pete's Dragon" subject I think the catchiest song is "I Love You Too"

In 2014 I posted this mspaint.exe image of the Scott's/Pete's Dragon" crossover in the UTU2TM section of the earwolf forum... 'Cuz they "Love U2" ;)

Posted Image

#149 Fister Roboto

#likesanimals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:30 PM

View PostⓂⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ, on 08 April 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

1st of all... I got here because in the miniepisode thread taylorannephoto posted about Cam Bert and The Lake House and now that I clicked and post here for the 1st time Its like a new world has been opened (A world that I now know began and has been around since December 2016 when Fister Roboto posted the Musical Mondays thread because of a Cameron H suggestion)

2. I don't consider myself much of a "Musicals" guy and its not because I dislike them or anything I think its because I live in Venezuela and I was not exposed to musical theatre growing up and I've just made a quick google search and if I don't count animated Disney films because they dub them and change the songs ("Frozen" is my favourite of those) "Enchanted" and "This is Spinal Tap" are the 2 musical movies I know and love (I wish this does not bumb you guys and girls out) but all of that does not mean I suddenly can't get 100% into musicals from now on thanks to this forum game ;)

Please feel free to stick around! If you want to just expand your knowledge of movie musicals, this is a great place to do it. It's honestly why I'm happy this has taken off. For better or (lookin' at you, Cakebug... :) ) worse, our Musical Mondays have made me watch musicals I probably wouldn't check out on my own. In fact, I have a growing list of musicals to either watch or recommend just because of this game.

It also gives us something to do when the main threads are kind of dead during the off weeks, so that's fun, too, because I enjoy nerding out on stupid shit with all of the forums regulars.

I'll be the Cameron this time and say that if you want to join the rotation to suggest a musical, we can add you to the end of it, but if you just want to watch the movies and bullshit about them with us, that's fun, too!

Also, Frozen and This is Spinal Tap are both awesome, and I don't think anyone here would begrudge you liking them unless they are a monster (or if they are nerds who quibble about whether or not This is Spinal Tap is a musical, which is a thing that is likely to happen...)
"Fuck this fucking movie!" -Cameron H

#150 Society Max

Ⓜⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • LocationⓂⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:57 PM

View PostFister Roboto, on 08 April 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

Please feel free to stick around! If you want to just expand your knowledge of movie musicals, this is a great place to do it. It's honestly why I'm happy this has taken off. For better or (lookin' at you, Cakebug... :) ) worse, our Musical Mondays have made me watch musicals I probably wouldn't check out on my own. In fact, I have a growing list of musicals to either watch or recommend just because of this game.

I'll be the Cameron this time and say that if you want to join the rotation to suggest a musical, we can add you to the end of it, but if you just want to watch the movies and bullshit about them with us, that's fun, too!

Also, Frozen and This is Spinal Tap are both awesome, and I don't think anyone here would begrudge you liking them unless they are a monster (or if they are nerds who quibble about whether or not This is Spinal Tap is a musical, which is a thing that is likely to happen...)

Current Mood:

Thank you!!!

Fister, have you seen Archer Dreamland (Season 8) Episode One Yet???

#151 Fister Roboto

#likesanimals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:05 PM

View PostⓂⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ, on 08 April 2017 - 07:57 PM, said:

Current Mood:

Thank you!!!

Fister, have you seen Archer Dreamland (Season 8) Episode One Yet???

Sadly, I'm a failure to my namesake and only just watched season 7 when it hit Netflix (the DLM Challenge last year meant I lost a lot of my TV time). I'm planning to check out the new episode soon!
"Fuck this fucking movie!" -Cameron H

#152 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,366 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:56 AM

Max,

It would be great if you wanted to be a part of this! We'd love to have you! And (lucky you) this is pretty good timing as we're approaching the end of the first cycle so you'll get a pick relatively soon :)/>

We've been having a lot of fun over here! And an in depth knowledge of Musicals is in no way required. It's just a fun way, as Fister said, of being exposed to different things. If you have any questions let us know.

I'm excited you want to be a part of this!

P.S. I added you to the rotation already. I'm not being too presumptuous, am I?
Ultraviolet (2006)

Reefer Madness (2005)

#153 tomspanks

jaded meowndarin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:35 AM

View PostⓂⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ, on 08 April 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

Wait, you think people are bummed out by Enchanted and This is Spinal Tap?

Spoiler

View PostFister Roboto, on 08 April 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

Yeah, I can think of 2 nerds.

#154 CakeBug Tranch

Loyal Tompkastaway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • LocationSchmocation

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:54 AM

View Posttomspanks, on 09 April 2017 - 07:35 AM, said:

Yeah, I can think of 2 nerds.

Posted Image
Mark: "But I thought we are all orpans." Deep Down inside, we all are, Miami Connection

Dorothy Shaw: "I like a man who can run faster than I can." Choosy, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

No-Prize Champion
Vampire's Kiss; xXx: Return of Xander Cage; Body Parts; The Running Man

#155 Society Max

Ⓜⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • LocationⓂⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:09 AM

View PostCameron H., on 09 April 2017 - 01:56 AM, said:

Max,

It would be great if you wanted to be a part of this! We'd love to have you! And (lucky you) this is pretty good timing as we're approaching the end of the first cycle so you'll get a pick relatively soon :)/>

I'm excited you want to be a part of this!

P.S. I added you to the rotation already. I'm not being too presumptuous, am I?

You are not presumptuous AT ALL! and my answer the Musical Mondays recruitment is...

Spoiler

View Posttomspanks, on 09 April 2017 - 07:35 AM, said:

Wait, you think people are bummed out by Enchanted and This is Spinal Tap?

Spoiler

What I meant was that I didn't want people to get bummed out by my lack of knowledge about musicals, but I see how you got that... I should've placed the bum line before all that an not at the end of the sentence

When this schedule is done, please let me know in advance when my turn to pick the next musical will be... I don't want to cut in line ;)

#156 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,366 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:26 AM

View PostⓂⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ, on 09 April 2017 - 11:09 AM, said:

You are not presumptuous AT ALL! and my answer the Musical Mondays recruitment is...

Spoiler

What I meant was that I didn't want people to get bummed out by my lack of knowledge about musicals, but I see how you got that... I should've placed the bum line before all that an not at the end of the sentence

When this schedule is done, please let me know in advance when my turn to pick the next musical will be... I don't want to cut in line ;)

Awesome! JammerLea and Ellenmc are after Kateacola, then it's all you! So, about a month and a half.

Welcome aboard!
Ultraviolet (2006)

Reefer Madness (2005)

#157 JammerLea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:37 PM

Man, got about halfway through Pete's Dragon and my roommate needed a break lol. I like it though. Hopefully I can finish it tomorrow evening.

And hooray for more people joining!!