🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 8 (Kateacola's Pick)

and also with Josie-- it isn't a musical musical. They sing songs yes--since they're in a band (duh!).

But it's limited to just the bands in the movie singing. I know you guys would've been OK with that but-- I dunno, I wanted to stick with a more "traditional" musical.

Again, sorry Taylor, please don't hate me. Lol

*and sorry for the triple post

I totally hear you. I've already been thinking about my next pick, and there are a few "performance"-type musicals I was thinking abut (e.g., Sing Street). And while I wouldn't shoot someone down for picking them, I think my picks are going to be in the more traditional musical format, but that's mostly because there's a big gap for me in classic movie musicals that I either haven't ever seen or haven't seen since I was a kid and don't really remember.

• Like 5

I totally hear you. I've already been thinking about my next pick, and there are a few "performance"-type musicals I was thinking abut (e.g., Sing Street). And while I wouldn't shoot someone down for picking them, I think my picks are going to be in the more traditional musical format, but that's mostly because there's a big gap for me in classic movie musicals that I either haven't ever seen or haven't seen since I was a kid and don't really remember.

I think I'm leaning more toward traditional Musicals as well. Although, I'm not promising anything. My biggest criteria is that I haven't seen it, or if I have, it's been a really long time since I've seen it.

• Like 5

I'm picking Across the Universe again.

tumblr_mgqpp32xzw1s1oyr3o1_500.gif

200.gif#74

Jk. I still liked Across the Universe / did not dislike it nearly as much as everybody else here seemed to.

• Like 6

KBNcZ.gif

giphy.gif

Hope no one's offended I co-opted that very positive movement to make a joke about rewatching a lousy movie.

• Like 5

I'm picking Across the Universe again.

tumblr_mgqpp32xzw1s1oyr3o1_500.gif

You do, and watch me pick Grease 2 I SWEAR TO CHRIST.

j/k, speaking of Our Lord, I'll pick Jesus Christ Superstar again, obviously.

• Like 5

You do, and watch me pick Grease 2 I SWEAR TO CHRIST.

Don't promise stuff you won't back up... ;)

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Don't promise stuff you won't back up... ;)

giphy.gif

Grease, I do love. But Grease 2 (sorry June) I'm gonna have to "poo-poo it"

• Like 6

Grease, I do love. But Grease 2 (sorry June) I'm gonna have to "poo-poo it"

That's sad, kate, because I was talking to Maxwell Caulfield and he told me to tell you that

85c236225a4b1620ebe01dbf138bd86c.gif

• Like 5

..more "traditional" musical..

..traditional musical format...

.. traditional Musicals..

200.gif#1

I like that Fister brought up Fiddler in the Sleepwalkers thread // tying in MM over there

• Like 5

Again, sorry Taylor, please don't hate me. Lol

Lol I'm not angry!

upset.gif

No, but seriously I'm down with whatever pick anyone makes! I just have loved Josie and the Pussycats since it came out when I was a kid (ready to make everyone feel old again), and I honestly consider that and Sing Street to be musicals!

• Like 5

Awww, Earwolf fucked up my account again so I couldn't respond to Cameron's message. I was super-hyped about my pick.

• Like 4

Awww, Earwolf fucked up my account again so I couldn't respond to Cameron's message. I was super-hyped about my pick.

Oh no :(

200w.gif#1

• Like 6

I like that Fister brought up Fiddler in the Sleepwalkers thread // tying in MM over there

I had to think about what song was called "Do You Love Me?" and was the one they were referencing. The one form the movie was about the fourth song that came to mind with that title (or with those lyrics featuring prominently).

• Like 4

Oh, that sucks. I put you on for the next one! Sorry about the mix up :(

0549.gif

• Like 7

First ever MM Twofer Week?

• Like 6

I had to think about what song was called "Do You Love Me?" and was the one they were referencing. The one form the movie was about the fourth song that came to mind with that title (or with those lyrics featuring prominently).

I have Paula Abdul stuck in my head now, tyvm

• Like 4

First ever MM Twofer Week?

Nah, that's cool. By next round, I'll be done school forever and have more time to live on the forums. This actually works better for me tbh, now that I think about it :)

• Like 7