🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 8 (Kateacola's Pick)

Nah, that's cool. By next round, I'll be done school forever and have more time to live on the forums. This actually works better for me tbh, now that I think about it :)

Congrats on finishing school!

when-it-was-the-last-day-of-school.gif

• Like 8

It's actually more like this right now

giphy.gif

But thanks, guys.

• Like 7

I cannot forget Paula Abdul

or MC Scat Kat

200.gif#7

even though that is "opposites attract"

I was about to call you out for it being the wrong song before I read your note at the bottom.

• Like 2

I was about to call you out for it being the wrong song before I read your note at the bottom.

I imagine Paula Abdul's ears haven't been this aflame since 1988...

• Like 4

200.gif#10

Lol, no but Scat Kat makes me think of CBB (Farts N Pro ep?) with Adam Scott and Harris mentioning him

• Like 5

I imagine Paula Abdul's ears haven't been this aflame since 1988...

Stop being such a

giphy.gif

Forget Paula

NEVER

• Like 4

Holy shit I almost forgot to stop in today!

Ahh, I'd love to revisit Pete's Dragon! I haven't seen it since I was a kid and I've kinda been wanting to see it again. I couldn't make myself watch the remake. Idk I hate how he's furry, like wtf. I just cannot move past that. I keep looking away in disgust whenever I see the DVD in stores. I'm awful lol #notmyaesthetic

• Like 6

I hate how he's furry, like wtf. I just cannot move past that. I keep looking away in disgust whenever I see the DVD in stores. I'm awful lol #notmyaesthetic

Really? Your loss...

giphy.gif

• Like 6

I can't decide what I would hate more, rewatching Across the Universe or rewatching The Lake House...

• Like 5

I can't decide what I would hate more, rewatching Across the Universe or rewatching The Lake House...

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Really? Your loss...

giphy.gif

Don't even bring Falcor into this!!

It's not the concept OF a furry dragon it's just... I always pictured 1977 Elliot to be a doofy scaley dragon, not... whatever the hell they did. I enjoy Disney animations BECAUSE they're cartoons! They can push and pull the characters to make them super expressive. But when they do this realistic CG stuff the characters are in a way so much flatter to me. The Never Ending Story is fine, because that's how they set up that world from the beginning and there's something endearing about practical effects, but realistic CG still looks off a lot of the time, especially when you're mashing it up with live action and have to stare at it for a long time. I just alsjkdflajlj

Sorry, I'll stop here. This is just my personal opinion, and I'm not saying the movies are bad, just... they aren't aesthetically pleasing to me. /flees

• Like 6

It's not the concept OF a furry dragon it's just... I always pictured 1977 Elliot to be a doofy scaley dragon, not... whatever the hell they did. I enjoy Disney animations BECAUSE they're cartoons! They can push and pull the characters to make them super expressive. But when they do this realistic CG stuff the characters are in a way so much flatter to me. The Never Ending Story is fine, because that's how they set up that world from the beginning and there's something endearing about practical effects, but realistic CG still looks off a lot of the time, especially when you're mashing it up with live action and have to stare at it for a long time. I just alsjkdflajlj

Sorry, I'll stop here. This is just my personal opinion, and I'm not saying the movies are bad, just... they aren't aesthetically pleasing to me. /flees

No, I am on your side. We love Falcor because he's very clearly a big-ass puppet that Bastian had to physically get up on and act with. CGI dragons won't give us that: little feral Pete is acting with a tennis ball on a stick. Our childhood aesthetic owes a great deal to the Henson Workshop and becoming emotionally invested in socks with ping-pong ball eyes. Lord, the tears I had when Kermit sang 'Rainbow Connection' in the Muppets reboot a few years ago? Criminy.

• Like 5

We also love Falkor because he's a flying cringer

9-Hubba-Hubba-gif.gif

Edit: Because probably most of you didn't grow up on He-Man the man that voices half of all He-Man characters also voiced half the creatures in Never Ending Story

• Like 6

You know they're going to eventually remake The Neverending Story and CGI'ing the shit out of Falkor.

• Like 5

You know they're going to eventually remake The Neverending Story and CGI'ing the shit out of Falkor.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Yea you're a 100% right. Which is a shame. I mean take something like Return to Oz. The puppetry in that movie is next level, and while things may move more or smoother with CGI it doesn't have the same wow factor.

• Like 6

I guess next time you should preface with "Hey, some of my favorite dragons are furry..."

tumblr_mb9tywsHSL1rd5xvqo1_500.gif

Do you mean Falcor will be CG or that they will animate a scene of Falcor taking a shit?

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Do you mean Falcor will be CG or that they will animate a scene of Falcor taking a shit?

Hopefully both.

2nLwd.gif

• Like 7

From the always-on point Korea Portal...

http://en.koreaporta...tory-reboot.htm

It's news that's more than a year old... maybe we can hope it's lost in development hell.

giphy.gif

Hey, there's a script idea. A bunch of thirty-somethings come together to travel across the country to prevent the reboot (and hence ruination) of their favourite 80's movie franchise...

Also - I found this link interesting - modern updates of the characters. Some I like, some, not so much (hint: it's Falcor)

http://kotaku.com/the-neverending-story-gets-a-21st-century-makeover-1484611914

• Like 4

Also - I found this link interesting - modern updates of the characters. Some I like, some, not so much (hint: it's Falcor)

http://kotaku.com/th...over-1484611914

Why did they give Falkor two tails? Rockbiter looks like a badass Jaws, but I prefer the goofy looking original.

• Like 4