🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 123 — No Scoop for You

Is it weird that "Manic Monday" randomly popped into my head yesterday out of nowhere, before I even knew who the guests were? Maybe....at least for me it kinda was. Another awesome episode and another excellent edition of the freestyle rap battle. Wonderfully done.

I was very happy to hear the Would You Rather theme received the proper amount of respect this week.

I miss the Plane Breaks but I guess all good things must come to an end... and we're getting Freestyle Rapping as a sort of Plane Break 2000 so that's cool.

Amazing episode, freestyle rap was amazing. You can never go wrong with two APs.

I would also love to hear a Amy/Harris episode. And I think since you lost "plane break" you should set a magic word at the beginning and if anyone says it take a plane break.

this episode really tickled my funny bone. that is until amy and adam rudely interrupted the "would you rather" theme song. ruined the entire episode for me. no class.

This was great. Love Amy, love Adam Pally. I hope they both come back sooner rather than later!

Yet another good one! And I was surprised that I really liked all the Bangles in-studio songs! I usually skip through in-studio performances on podcasts, but I listened to and enjoyed all of the Bangles performances!

Just wondering, is there a group of fat, hairy, gay men that are fans of Amy Poehler? I think they refer to themselves as "Bears." If there is, and they don't have a name for their fan club yet, I'd like to suggest, "The Amy Fans."

Or is that too on the nose?

That joke is really Poehlerizing but I agree there's no Besser way to show you're a fan of UCB than forming Ian fanclub. Can't go wrong with just Walshing the shows though!

• Like 1

Yo La Tengo were killer last week, and Bangles were great this week; I like their more intimate sound in the earwolf studio without all the extra pop production. Rock on Zeptember!

And another shout out for more freestyle battles!

SCOTTY D
Well my name's Scotty D and I am no fool
So it's time to tell you, you gotta go back to school
And when I say I'm not a fool, it means I'm not a fooler
And that means that you gotta go buy a ruler
a...PROTRACTOR! Uhh...that's a fact.
Your gotta buy some supplies
And if you do you then you go to school and it makes you really wise
And then you sit, and no you don't gotta listen to someone called a preacher
It's a teacher!
So when you sit there, then eacher ya is gonna have to listen to all the things
like math and science
and also a little thing that we like to call...mathscience!
So when you sit there, and you sit there on your butts
I hope that...school don't drive you nuts. AMY!

AMY P
Well I'm home-schooled now from my mom and dads
and I like it so much and it makes me glads
Cuz they teach me things like arithmetic
And how to make bacon in the sink
And I like to go in the car
and drive real far and drive real far
My mom and my dads are my teachers cuz
And I know that the sun is made out of cheese!
and the moon is made of a giant, big ball of yarn
that goes down and then hangs up in the morning
And everybody causes an alarm. And they say

Hey Ho, Jump Off The Roof!
Hey Ho, Jump Off The Roof!

Into the pool and get paralyzed
But don't forget to open your eyes
and check out the sun and the ball of yarn
that makes up the moon

And where you goin?
Where you goin??
Where you goin???

DAVID FIENE
My name's David Fiene. Everything is fine
I use a ruler to draw a line
One time I went to school and I fell down the stairs
They said, "David, get up.", and I said, "Where's where?".
I don't know how to go from Hall A to Hall B to Hall C to Hall D to Hall A
I've gone in a circle in one hallway
Where do I go now? The Infirmiray!
I've got strep throat. I've got chicken pox.
I've got liver cancer <--- That's a big deal.

First I was all, "Well shit, there's no way Fiene can follow up that incredibleness from Amy, she just slayed The Universe!"
Then I was all, "Awwwwwwwwwww shit ... awwwwwwwwwwwwwww shit ... he just DID that!"

Magnificent.

Classically trained? What, did they play Would You Rather at the Louvre?

Bravo on the freestyle session. Rappers today call written raps freestyles. I'm glad alt-comedians are still doing the genre justice.

What is the backing music behind the freestyle rap battle? I want to put it on my iPod and hold rap battles in my car.

Were the Bangles recorded at a different time? I know they did that on the 2 year or 100th episode when Rob Huebel and Tom Lennon were on. But Amy asked them a question! BUT in the photos Scott has a different shirt on with the Bangles than he does with the other guests. This tiny thing is going to drive me crazy.

Great episode but I noticed something rather distressing: Why is scott wearing a different shirt for the bangles picture than with poehler and pally? was it recorded at a different time? i remember amy asks the bangles a question so im fairly sure that's not the case. someone please clear this fiasco up!

You'll notice The Bangles don't answer Amy. And they don't play Would You Rather. Dun dun dun!

Sign in to follow this