🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 123 — No Scoop for You

Break the monotony of this Manic Monday with a new Comedy Bang Bang featuring Amy Poehler, The Bangles, and possibly the biggest guest we've ever had, DavidFiene! Amy and Scott gab about the original UCB pilot and the alternative comedy scene of the '90s, but that's nothing compared to the showbiz stories David has to offer. David came up with some of the biggest legends of comedy (I'm not going to namedrop, but he certainly will) and has walls and walls of quotes and advice for young comedic upstarts. Match that with the dulcet tones of The Bangles and the rap stylings of our guests and you've got an hour and a half of aural decadence. Would you rather listen to this episode or go about your humdrum day? I thought so!

Haven't listened yet, but pass the message across to Amy that she looks absolutely fucking adorable in that thumbnail. Can't wait for Parks to return, will return with my thoughts post-listen.

There are few things in life that I love more than Amy Poehler rapping. I <3 that segment so much.

Freestyle Rap Battle needs to be a part of every show. I think Amy might have beaten Paul Rudd with her verse, seriously that was a thing of beauty. I love how both Amy and Paul's ended up completely nonsensical, but still managed to rhyme most of the time.

The UCB Theatre should definitely be renamed the Four Upright Citizens Theatre.

Also, LOVE the Bangles! Thanks Scott for having them on. Hearing them perform " Hazy Shade of Winter" brought back fond memories of RDJ sucking dick for drugs.

@Barry: Hazy Shade of Winter will always remind me of the Anipal's drug fueled christmas cheer montage on TV Funhouse. Man, I miss that show so much.

F-ing freestyle rap battle, yes!!!!!!!!!! Now all you need is a freetsyle breakdance compo, circa the 1984 b-boy short film "The Pilot", and comedy gold would be struck.

How in the name of Holy Sweet Baby Jesus did you get The Bangles on to perform? Loved that. Freestyle battle was amazing as always. I loved David Fine in the WYR "What if you already yell white power when you get out of vehicles?". Just terrific stuff.

The live Hazy Shade of Winter by the Bangles was my favorite in-studio musical performance. Until Amy Poehler rapped. I hope Scott's marriage to Danny Trejo is now CBB canon.

So am I crazy or has Amy Polar been on there before asking for parking validation during the ending theme to WYR? Because I got intense Deja Vu when that happen.

That freestyle rap was an instant classic. Loved that Amy was actually trying to tell a weird story about being home-schooled and not just rhyming words. Although I did love Pally's rhyming of hallway with "infirmaray" and of course, Spot Awkwardman's non-rhyming MATH-SCIENCE. (I think he needs to do a collabo with the Who Charted gang + PFT on a MATHROCK/MATHSCIENCE mashup.)

Haha Scott Aukerman you are the worst freestyle rapper I've ever religiously listened to the podcasts of.

I literally had to pull my car over after 'and liver cancer. That's a big deal' ending to Pally's freestyle. Adam Pally has been on twice and has been unbelievable both times.

That was some great freestyling. This needs to be a regular segment. Also, I would love to hear an Amy Poehler/Harris Wittels episode.

Sign in to follow this