🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DaltonMaltz

Episode 180 - Mikal Cronin, Our Close Music

The show has been continuously dope since I've started listening to it back at ep 100. I'm sorry I scared away all the cool people that listened to the show and posted on these forums. Not that the people still listening and posting aren't cool. Y'all are great. I am poison. That Bel Biv Devoe song was originally about me, but they struggled to come up with rhymes for "Lerini" so they changed it to be about a girl. But I figured out the truth.

• Like 7

The show can't be ending because the boys promised a third Cochran appearance, and they know as well as anyone that if they promise and don't come through, Cochran's heart will be broken and he'll have nothing but his 141K Twitter followers to fall back on

• Like 4

im glad the show is ended now B)

• Like 12

Please don't end this show. I created a stupid account just to post this.

• Like 14

I had a friend who convinced me to listen and when i found HH it was like falling in love, watching the matrix for the first time and finding Jesus. Every episode is solid.

If the show ending is a joke it is a "War of the Worlds" level prank because i am panicking here, hoarding episodes and jumping out the window of my Wall street office.

The boys need to get on patreon so all ten of us can chip in at $1 a month; how much does it cost to make one of these?

• Like 7

Welp, now that the show's over I don't have to pretend this is my favorite podcast anymore and I can announce that I LOVE ANNA FARIS IS UNQUALIFIED!!!

• Like 13

Sean checked out early on the Wild Horses episode, talked about wanting to bail on a "bad" episode with Alison Rich, and was done with this one early, too. He's not going to have a Doughboysian heart-to-heart with Hayes about it on the show, but Clemdawg seems genuinely disenchanted.

Cochran is kind of a hero of mine. I actually applied to Survivor this year for the sole purpose of winning and then getting my own HH episode and then having fan favorite (or favorite fan) Chanson say something nice about me on the forums. Right now I'm still three steps away from that end goal.

• Like 10

I for one am proud and glad to have you other ten or so people posting about this podcast we love, because this podcast is literally my favorite thing. Now I know this word gets tossed around a lot, but seriously, it is my favorite thing. Sean, you are funny. Sometimes it's really biting and maybe a little too close to home for some of your guests, but it's always really fuckin funny. Hayes, you've really let your flower blossom in the last 30 or so eps, I'm loving all this character work as I mentioned last week, and also your natural musicality is stunning. Brett, you're starting to get really good, which is almost the same note I had for Hayes. To all my fellow listeners, sorry I couldn't come up with a big funny, I promise I'll try to get one in sometime before thursday. Love the show, love the boys, love all yall, love my country, in that order.

Same

• Like 5

Cochran is kind of a hero of mine. I actually applied to Survivor this year for the sole purpose of winning and then getting my own HH episode and then having fan favorite (or favorite fan) Chanson say something nice about me on the forums. Right now I'm still three steps away from that end goal.

Fabio's Socks, I will say nice things about you anytime you want, you old so-and-so. Here are several nice things about you: you're my friend and I like you a lot because of how good you are at being awesome! I think you're good at biology and spelling and proficient with Microsoft Power Point.

• Like 7

irony is good and i don't hope that not the show doesn't not not end

• Like 7

This show has been the only constant thing in my life after going through a terrible thing where me and my best friend had an irreparable falling out, a move to a new state, a job loss/change, and lots of brain stuff. Hollywood Handbook is the only thing that was there before and through it all. It can't end too.

If Sean isn't funny, then literally nobody is funny.

Sorry everyone, but thats the bar I measure funnyness against.

I have every episode of HH and RSS saved for podcast historians if this is really "it".

Don't end the podcast. I'm sorry for not being able to get other people into it, I just don't know very many people.

• Like 8

Slammin grooves! Any time an ep is over an hour it's like the guest scored bonus time, or in this case like there was a hidden track at the end of an album. Some truly sonorous singing, but honestly I'm still trying to get over H&S not saying anything about the circle of fifths because I was really hoping to learn how that turns out

Mikal%20music%20180.png

• Like 11

You know how they make new tracks for dead musicians by cutting up old recording with and adding in a guest vocalist with a hook. I'm going to start doing that with HH if they do end. Ill record new guest and then splice in Hayes and Sean to get my weekly fix. I might need one of the engineers help one this one, i'm just and idea guy.

• Like 5

Fabio's Socks, I will say nice things about you anytime you want, you old so-and-so. Here are several nice things about you: you're my friend and I like you a lot because of how good you are at being awesome! I think you're good at biology and spelling and proficient with Microsoft Power Point.

Wow, what a nice surprise! Now I don't have to go through all the work of trying to win Survivor and then trying to keep up with the boys on my two episodes. Thanks, buddy!

• Like 3

Hopefully it's not really the end of the podcast, but it's a hell of an episode to go out on if true.

Regardless, thanks for all the laughs!

• Like 2

Strange how Cochran's name gets invoked on Hollywood Handbook and in the forums and suddenly he appears on our TV screens one day later. Just shows you how powerful that HH bump is

• Like 4

thats a great post that could only have possibly been better if you waited a couple days to post it!!

• Like 3

Finally, the boys address that classic thought experiment:

I only have two bottles in my fridge; both contain a viscous white fluid, neither is labeled. One is horsey sauce, the other is president reagan's ejaculate (cum). Which bottle is better for a roasted beef sandwich from Arby's Roasted Beef sandwich, and explain yourself and answer.

Write answer here

• Like 1