๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 159.5 - Minisode 159.5

No need to apologize. As I said in the MM thread a few weeks back, by our powers combined we will destroy the Lake House and make everyone involved with it cry and feel great shame!!

ย 

BvsKJXGzqfNPq.gif

ย 

Could I get in on that action as well???

ย 

ย 

3way.jpgsavannahthanksgiving047.jpg

ย 

ย 

(And I know everybody that posts here and have posted since they anounced they were going to do it and also posted in the recomendations subforum (Shannon COME BACK!) are basically also in the action as well. But I feel I can't speak for them because I have this serious bone to pick with this movie and some may want to watch it before they get to Shannon-taylorannephoto-CamBert-โ“‚โ“โ“งโ“˜โ“œโ“˜โ“›โ“˜โ“โ“โ“ž levels of rage against this movie)

ย 

P.S.: I'm planning to re-watch Lake House and then the original Korean version before the episode airs next friday

• Like 7

P.S.: I'm planning to re-watch Lake House and then the original Korean version before the episode airs next friday

So, until it was brought up in this thread, I didn't know it was based on a Korean movie. So I am also going to try to get in a viewing of both versions. I love comparing that kind of shit, so I'm even more excited about this movie now!

• Like 5

I was watching Fast Five, Furious 6 and FF7 ( And after that I plan to also watch The Italian Job (2003) ) to prepare for next week's Fate of the Furious premiere... But I stopped before finishing part 7 and re-watched "The Lake House" and then (for the first time) the original korean version "Il Mare"

ย 

The original korean movie is so much better by itself, and even more in comparison with the 2006 remake. The crazy thing is that the changes they made for the Sandy/Keanu remake were minor but they change the tone, pacing, and quality of the movie overall.

ย 

Good news is the complete Korean movie is on YouTube subtitled and uploaded by the user Sherwin Busano on august 14 2013, the second to last video uploaded by him after "Customs 8 Presentation 2014" ( I want to post the direct link, but I do not wish to get in any kind of trouble with Dan Engler ;) )

ย 

Got my notes ready and a new set of trivia and CRAZY stuff I found online for next fridays episode

ย 

CAN'T WAIT!

ย 

Cant-Wait-gif.gif

• Like 5

I have yet to watch the Lake House but my unmitigated love for all things Keanu is well documented. Will I be able to handle hating a Keanu movie? Cognitive Dissonance: COMMENCE!

giphy.gif

• Like 6

I have yet to watch the Lake House but my unmitigated love for all things Keanu is well documented. Will I be able to handle hating a Keanu movie? Cognitive Dissonance: COMMENCE!

giphy.gif

Here's the thing about Keanu, he's in some movies I hate but I never really hate him. He always tries whether the movie is misguided or not.

• Like 7

Here's the thing about Keanu, he's in some movies I hate but I never really hate him. He always tries whether the movie is misguided or not.

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Enya's breakthrough in the states was "Orinoco Flow (Sail Away)" off of Watermark in 1988, which cracked the top 40 in the US in 1989. Exile, off that same album, was featured in an incredible scene in LA Story in 1991. Sleepwalkers came out in 1992.

ย 

Yes, this incorrect comment bothered me inexplicably. Enya was around in the 80s! No way a 90s movie was her big breakthrough!

ย 

[media='']

[/media]

ย 

As a bonus, I recommend everyone listen to the above along with this GIF of Zach Braff getting punched:

ย 

Braff_punch.gif

• Like 2

Whyyyy is this movie not available to rent?!?! I finally have the time to watch an HDTGM movie but I'm not sure I can spend $10 on this shit in part because of how much I HATE this premise. The plot made me incredibly anxious just thinking about it when it came out. Not sure what I found so bad about it because I can get down with sci fi/fantasy and even time travel but I just HATED thinking about it for some reason. Maybe now that I'm not just generally wracked with (untreated) anxiety it won't bother me so much (here's hoping...).

ย 

AND as an (almost) neuroscientist I will say that I have also heard the theory the EHL caller gave about foot fetishes - namely that the genitals and the feet are right next to each other on the cortical homunculus, and this might lead to some relatively easy cross-wiring or common mix ups of some kind. I also cannot comment on the validity of this theory, but I will say that if you want nightmares you should google "cortical homunculus"

• Like 1

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to watch this damn movie because I'm not paying 10 bucks to buy it on Amazon and I can't stand the versions that are on Youtube since they are basically a 6x7 square on my screen, plus I'm distracted by the various public freakout videos that are filling my recommended feed.

ย 

Also I haven't really listened to the minis in a while and I'm kinda excited I was named the winning commentator for the episode, which to my knowledge is a first. Also Paul, you need to be real specific when stabbing the lobster, from what I remember it needs to be quick, deep and right between the eyes for the lobster to not feel pain and die instantly.

• Like 3

Whyyyy is this movie not available to rent?!?!

So, I don't know how many of you have a good city library system available, but let me recommend it.

ย 

It's free, and if you have a multi-branch system, they can usually hold copies of material at your nearest library. One other thing: it's one hundred percent completely legal. Moreover, bad movies are exactly the kind of ones that libraries usually stock a lot of, since those are the kind of "mistake purchases" that people can't wait to get rid of.

ย 

For example, my library has 41 (!) copies of the Lake House.

• Like 5

ย 

Also I haven't really listened to the minis in a while and I'm kinda excited I was named the winning commentator for the episode, which to my knowledge is a first. Also Paul, you need to be real specific when stabbing the lobster, from what I remember it needs to be quick, deep and right between the eyes for the lobster to not feel pain and die instantly.

I think you almost "won" the Body Parts mini--and Paul messed up your name somehow?-- but Baby Cakebug pulled through as winner
  • Like 3

I think you almost "won" the Body Parts mini--and Paul messed up your name somehow?-- but Baby Cakebug pulled through as winner

Yeah I'm too lazy to make a nickname and it's easier to abbreviate my last name since it's harder to pronounce than the variety of ways "sz" can sound.

ย 

So, I don't know how many of you have a good city library system available, but let me recommend it.

ย 

It's free, and if you have a multi-branch system, they can usually hold copies of material at your nearest library. One other thing: it's one hundred percent completely legal. Moreover, bad movies are exactly the kind of ones that libraries usually stock a lot of, since those are the kind of "mistake purchases" that people can't wait to get rid of.

ย 

Holy shit I can't believe I didn't think about that, which is more insane considering as part of my job at a public library is to order DVDs for public use and I'm pretty sure I did get at least one copy of this on donation. And yes, I am going down the HDTGM episode list and ordering copies for my library, The Room has already circulated a few times since we got it a month or so ago.

• Like 4

Whyyyy is this movie not available to rent?!?! I finally have the time to watch an HDTGM movie but I'm not sure I can spend $10 on this shit in part because of how much I HATE this premise. The plot made me incredibly anxious just thinking about it when it came out. Not sure what I found so bad about it because I can get down with sci fi/fantasy and even time travel but I just HATED thinking about it for some reason. Maybe now that I'm not just generally wracked with (untreated) anxiety it won't bother me so much (here's hoping...).

ย 

AND as an (almost) neuroscientist I will say that I have also heard the theory the EHL caller gave about foot fetishes - namely that the genitals and the feet are right next to each other on the cortical homunculus, and this might lead to some relatively easy cross-wiring or common mix ups of some kind. I also cannot comment on the validity of this theory, but I will say that if you want nightmares you should google "cortical homunculus"

ย 

VUDU has it available for rent at 2.99. Don't buy this movie. I promise you that you will regret it.

• Like 5

ย 

ย 

ย 

I actually did this for Boy Next Door and it did work; there are even copies at my local brand that I wouldn't even need to put a hold on. The main issue is that I no longer have access to a reliable DVD player :( I highly recommend it for anyone who does though!!

ย 

I do have one at work I think, but my coworkers already think I'm crazy enough from the summer I binge listened to this podcast and laughed like a maniac while doing 6 months of soul crushing busy work, so staying late to watch a Keanu movie might finally make them commit me involuntarily...

• Like 4

ย 

Like "Knock Knock" for example

• Like 1

just booked my ticket for fast 8!!!

ย 

giddy-o.gif

ย 

now we just have to hope adam hasn't gone to china for 3 months

I've got tickets to the first show Thursday night. I'm going with four friends and ordered us all Dom necklaces, and Amazon forgot to ship one of them. Soooo now I'm on the phone asking them if I can get a replacement in time.

• Like 3

just booked my ticket for fast 8!!!

ย 

giddy-o.gif

ย 

I've got tickets to the first show Thursday night. I'm going with four friends and ordered us all Dom necklaces, and Amazon forgot to ship one of them. Soooo now I'm on the phone asking them if I can get a replacement in time.

ย 

I got my ticket and I'm going tomorrow... I dislike getting spoiled online SO MUCH!

ย 

1*JT6K1PAT-cGpP54wwaQi2A.png

ย 

Some context... I googled "HumbleBrag" and that comic popped up and I tought it was funny

• Like 1

ย 

Like "Knock Knock" for example

Ugh, Eli Roth is what happens when a Troy Duffy plays ball and makes friends.

• Like 2

just booked my ticket for fast 8!!! now we just have to hope adam hasn't gone to china for 3 months

ย 

It Just Hit Me!!! What if they do an Emergency Podcast Episode of FF8 much like "Sharknado 1"??? :o

ย 

eYgVBZKw2LG6Y.gif

ย 

A guy can dream...

ย 

Also, I was revisiting the FF7 HDTGM episode and one guy made a question and totally called Charlize Theron being on FF8. I'm saying its 50% her role as Furiosa in "Mad Max: Fury Road" and 50% that she has worked with director F. Gary Gray 14 years ago in "The Italian Job" (2003 Remake) so its a reunion of sorts with her and also with Jason "Handsome Rob" Statham.

• Like 3

Sorry for double post, But...

ย 

8kWZ4Vxk8d1rq.gif

ย 

Coming Out of the theatre from "F8 of the Furious"!!! F. Gary Gray didn't miss a beat... This is "Grade A" HDTGM material!!! If you have free time this next few days and $15-$20 in your pocket and are a F&F and/or HDTGM fan do yourself a favor and...

ย 

GO AND SEE F8! Don't Miss It and don't get spoiled!

ย 

I want to talk about it SO MUCH! but I'll wait until more of you guys and girls have had a chance to see it.

ย 

SALUD MI FAMILIA

ย 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9PsB5dNIFA

• Like 2

Coming Out of the theatre from "F8 of the Furious"!!! F. Gary Gray didn't miss a beat... This is "Grade A" HDTGM material!!! If you have free time this next few days and $15-$20 in your pocket and are a F&F and/or HDTGM fan do yourself a favor and...

ย 

GO AND SEE F8! Don't Miss It and don't get spoiled!

ย 

I want to talk about it SO MUCH! but I'll wait until more of you guys and girls have had a chance to see it.

ย 

I'm seeing it tomorrow night, and I am SO PUMPED. Here are two things that are tiding me over until then:

ย 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQuc7wfO16Q

ย 

And also this data-based series of diagrams that shows how the series has gotten empirically since Fast Five:

ย 

https://www.bloomber...st-and-furious/

ย 

The one thing I've read so far that gives me pause...

ย 

ย 

ย 

THEY DRINK BUDWEISER INSTEAD OF CORONA! Yes, they're both shitty beers, but Corona is the shitty bear of choice for La Familia!

ย 

• Like 1

I'm seeing Fast 8 on Monday as to avoid what I'm expecting to be massive crowds, but after seeing trailers I'm wondering if this series is going on the same track as Sharknado. The first one (or fifth in Fast case) was surprisingly well made and really fun, the next was over the top and stupid fun as well, the third starts to show signs of wear but is still really fun because it embraces its campiness, but the fourth is so over the top in its winking at the camera that it's just not fun. I really hope it's not like that but after seeing the Rock kick away a torpedo and some of the other stunts, it's given me pause.

• Like 2

ย 

And also this data-based series of diagrams that shows how the series has gotten empirically since Fast Five:

ย 

https://www.bloomber...st-and-furious/

ย 

Wow Epic Link Fister! My head hurts just thinking about the people tasked to take those stats. lol

ย 

ย 

The one thing I've read so far that gives me pause...

ย 

I really hope it's not like that but after seeing the Rock kick away a torpedo and some of the other stunts, it's given me pause.

ย 

I can't say if your doubts are founded or not, but what I can say is that for me the action was/action scenes where perfect and where made with great quality(ies)... I only had problems with the tone a couple of scenes, one plot point, and a lackluster performance (that sorta picked up steam near the end) and (If we are being real picky, maybe) I had a problem with one (1) CGI effect

ย 

My veredict 8 is better than 6 (Can't say if its better than 5 or 7 because I have only seen it once)

ย 

Just one tip If you care about the franchise and hate spoilers... Avoid (if you can) social media and IMDB Cast section and any article on F8 because the spoilers are out there but they are going to spread in the following days

Just one tip If you care about the franchise and hate spoilers... Avoid (if you can) social media and IMDB Cast section and any article on F8 because the spoilers are out there but they are going to spread in the following days

I already know about one actress that's been confirmed but I'm guessing that there are more surprises. Are there mid or end credit scenes?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this