🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 21 — Honor

Wait and see, when we're through, boys will gladly go to war for you. With good fortune (and a great hairdo) you'll bring honor to us all. That's right, it's time for the much-anticipated Mulan episode! Kidding, of course. We have our first write-in guest, Owen Wiseman, who brings a vast knowledge of the Japanese feudal system to the hatch and discusses the concept of honor with Tig, Kyle, and David. What's the difference between morality and honor? Is it wrong to steal food for one's family? Since when is condescension a bad thing? And which of our podcasters is the most honorable? Listen in and find out!

Another great episode guys and a great guest as well! One thing though, please tell me those aren't your white framed sunglasses David! Next thing you know you'll be wearing skinny jeans with a vampire themed tee shirt!

Thanks for not taking advantage of drunk people. It sounds pretty bad that all your friends thought you should have done it.

Love you guys. The only time I (sort of) took advantage of a drunk young woman...I woke up at 5am in a puddle of her pee the next morning. Lesson learned!!!! Great story, huh? YOU'RE WELCOME!!!!!

L.A. could use some more samurais. Thanks for choosing Owen as a guest... Loved this ep.

Hey T&K&D,

Thanks again-these podcasts are fast becoming appointment listening for me, and I appreciate the unique approach. It's not just comedians talking with fellow comedians; there's always an element of chance as far as how the guests will respond. One topic that did not get mentioned(although a pretty disturbing one) is the practice of honor killings as practiced in some communities in the Mid-East, though I believe that Owen's explanation of honor being maintained by a small community covers the idea as far as "honor" being separate from "morality". Sometimes, the "village" is a wonderful and supportive place, and sometimes it's very dangerous. Thanks again for a thought-provoking episode, and the stories were great-especially Kyle's.

Jamey

Sign in to follow this