๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 9 Pete's Dragon (1977)

Peeps look like they should taste better. They're just fun colored sugar, right?

Yeah, they're just marshmallow covered with colored sugar. Looots of sugar.

• Like 4

Peeps look like they should taste better. They're just fun colored sugar, right?

ย 

That's my opinion of them honestly, but what am I supposed to do? I'm not going to fly in the face of tradition and not eat at least one.

ย 

If I had my druthers, I'd just eat Cadbury Caramel Eggs and various Russell-Stover chocolates.

• Like 4

ย 

That's my opinion of them honestly, but what am I supposed to do? I'm not going to fly in the face of tradition and not eat at least one.

ย 

If I had my druthers, I'd just eat Cadbury Caramel Eggs and various Russell-Stover chocolates.

I'm not a huge fan of marshmallows to begin with, but I def don't like the texture combo of the sugar coating with the marshmallow.

ย 

Cadbury caramel and cream eggs, I do like.

• Like 3

I want to share that it is one of my cousin's birthdays today and this is the cake that he received

ย 

10f9ve1.jpg

• Like 5

I want to share that it is one of my cousin's birthdays today and this is the cake that he received

ย 

10f9ve1.jpg

ย 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

As a Canadian the whole Peeps thing is lost on me. Never had them but they seem... okay. Although I did recently see Peeps Oreos and they looked very good.

ย 

Also I agree with everybody else, whatever you choose Jammer will be great!

• Like 4

My roommate and I caught the end of VEEP while waiting for the new ep Last Week Tonight to air, and look who showed up!

ย 

x29w5i.jpg

• Like 8

Late realization is late... When I noticed that this movie invented foam parties 40 years ago

ย 

3HaYdv9.jpg

ย 

55a40e1575334.image.jpg

• Like 6

The last time I watched Pete's Dragon was probably 1987 or so, in my grade school gym waiting for Christmas break, Spring Break or Summer break to come. the movie, from what I remember, is strange as hell and I had vague memories of it being a musical. So revisiting your criticisms of it, made me cuirous. I'm going to check it out and report back because damn what vague weird memories of this movie.
FYI, the 9/11 theater talk...I auditioned for Heven Can Wait on 9/11. Most awkward audition of my life (and I didn't like the director either).
Peeps are okay as s'mores if you use really good chocolate (like Dove chocolate).
  • Like 2

Today I had a long talk with my mother so you know what that means. It's time for the Ted Neeley Handsome Report!

ย 

"So one of the movies we watched was Pete's Dragon."

"We had that on VHS remember? You watched it all the time until we got Ghostbuster. I really loved Helen Reddy's voice. I had some of her records I believe."

"What are your thoughts on Mickey Rooney?"

"He was always creepy to me. Never cared for him. I mean he just seemed so off putting in everything he was in. I think your grandma liked him, but they're probably the same age. Were the same age, I think he's passed now. He was an odd little man."

"Do you remember any of the other men in the movie?"

"Red Buttons was in it, wasn't he? Your grandfather loved his hobo clown stuff."

"Jeff Conaway was in it too."

"Was he? I don't recall. I use to like him on Taxi it's so sad what happened to him."

"I thought you'd like him from Grease."

"I like Grease but... no when I think of him I think of Taxi."

"What about him?" (show her a picture of Jim Dale)

"I kinda remember him."

"Handsome?"

"Compared to the others? I suppose yes."

• Like 8